2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And what does the federal judiciary system have to go with a state election and it’s rules, if no federal law is being broken?  Or rather, what federal law is being challenged that could be ruled on?

It shouldn't but with the general fuckery we're about to see, I wouldn't put it past some federal shitheel to try to suppress votes. 

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Kamala in Texas and joe in Ohio. 

this is the equivalent of swinging 3-0 with the bases loaded and up by 10 in the eighth inning, isn’t it?

makes me think they think they have Texas, as it has polled closer/better than Ohio but joe is headed there anyway. 

I think they are trying to boost black turnout in Cleveland.  I also think they believe Trump wins Texas.

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And what does the federal judiciary system have to go with a state election and it’s rules, if no federal law is being broken?  Or rather, what federal law is being challenged that could be ruled on?

Judge is a partisan hack. He could easily do fuckery because 2020

Elections are conducted monitored and counted by county and state entities.  However the over arching umbrella rights afforded to voters are protected and dictated at the federal level.  

For those of you scoring at home and wondering why Trump and his supporters continued to make such a big fucking deal about the number of federal judiciary  appointments for the last four years.  It was not because of abortion.  They did it because of what’s going to happen in the next few weeks.  Every once in a while commander dip shit can actually play chess, but the Federalist Society still has to move his pieces for him.  

Americas 11 darkest weeks start in 48 hours

US District Judge Andrew Hanen, this is the guy who if he rules in a partisan way and it goes to the 5th  circuit court of appeals and then what? Supreme Court? Aren't these the guys that are all State rights people? Some pretzel fucking twisted shit going down if that happens. Jeesuz, I need more Benadryl to sleep better tonight. 

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

US District Judge Andrew Hanen, this is the guy who if he rules in a partisan way and it goes to the 5th  circuit court of appeals and then what? Supreme Court? Aren't these the guys that are all State rights people? Some pretzel fucking twisted shit going down if that happens. Jeesuz, I need more Benadryl to sleep better tonight. 

So far every election ruling by SCOTUS has upheld the state's Supreme Court ruling, even if they've been polar opposites. So if this gets to SCOTUS it should be fine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

So far every election ruling by SCOTUS has upheld the state's Supreme Court ruling, even if they've been polar opposites. So if this gets to SCOTUS it should be fine. 

Yeah, but the way it went through the Texas Supreme Court is different. There was not substantive ruling on Texas law, merely a procedural one. I think this leaves open the door for some shenanigans by result oriented jurists. 

Edited by Dahobbs

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Why is this guy the former speaker?

Did he get run off by the loonies?

Essentially, yes.

Straus is a Republican that Republicans should emulate. He may have policy ideas that others can disagree with but he tried to govern fairly. As you can imagine, right now he is part of a very small minority in the Texas GOP.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Yeah, but the way it went through the Texas Supreme Court is different. There was not substantive ruling on Texas law, merely a procedural one. I think this leaves open the door for some shenanigans by result orientated jurists. 

I don’t think we can call Asian Judges “Orientated Jurists” anymore.  I cite Judge Ito v. Oriental Rug Cleaning of Dallas, 2005

2 minutes ago, freyguy said:

That's about as big of a middle finger as you can get.  Federals will tell them to fuck off as well.

Yeah IDK why they think that the federal Supreme Court is all of the sudden going to tell states what is and isn't legal when there is clearly no question of constitutionality or federal governance on what kind of locations can accept ballots that is 100% on the state and as MJ Hegar has already stated the SOS has already signed off and approved this AND used it in prior elections. This is a garbage suit and will be treated like one.

Name one time Trump has ever conceded anything?

He won't. He's never admitted defeat. He's never admitted being wrong about anything. He just says the opposite of reality and calls anyone saying differently a liar. Anyone thinking he'd accept defeat in a 400 type victory hasn't been paying attention to Trumps' entire life. 

• Hook 'Em 2

More interesting part of that article. I have no idea what they’re seeing about Wisconsin. Not to mention as we’ve seen in this thread, Nevada is not going well for him at all.

Between the lines: Trump advisers are more optimistic about winning than they were three weeks ago, based on my conversations with multiple senior campaign officials over the past week, including two officials with direct knowledge of sensitive internal data.

• They said analyses of early-vote totals in battleground states indicate he's doing substantially worse in Iowa and Georgia compared with this point in 2016, but better than expected in Texas, Nevada, North Carolina, Arizona and Wisconsin.
  • Just a few weeks ago, senior Trump advisers were bearish about Wisconsin and had reduced TV advertising there to an insignificant figure. A senior campaign official told me, then, that the state didn't figure in his paths to 270 electoral votes. 
  • But that appears to have changed. In recent days, senior Trump advisers have privately expressed growing optimism about Wisconsin, based on their analysis of early vote data.

Edited by thepop

1 minute ago, thepop said:

More interesting part of that article. I have no idea what they’re seeing about Wisconsin. 

They're trying to keep people from staying home is all.  In Wisconsin, where COVID is raging, they're clearly scared shitless that their turnout will be depressed because people are scared of the 'rona.

8 hours ago, Bookman said:

I had a really great day yesterday. Went to work and had a productive six hours. Went to the driving range on a beautiful day. Saw the Horns beat a top-10 team on the road. Played poker and was on the plus side of a couple sick coolers.

I think I'm out of here until Tuesday night. I have faith that this country is not going to re-elect that moronic piece of shit in the White House. If we do, then it will say a lot about us a country.

Flip side:  Herman may have helped save his job.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He's going to do that and Fox and OANN are going to go along with it and y'all know what happens after that.

This.  People are going to die.

The Turmpkin worldview cannot accept even the possibility that a majority of voters prefer an alternate candidate.  The only way that Trump loses is if there's fraud.  So, here's the thinking:

Trump wins = the Brown Shirts have complete validation and license to do what they wish, which is attack and impose their will on anyone who is an "enemy of the state".....which is, quite simply, all people who are not wearing red hats.

Trump loses = massive voter fraud = violent resistance to an "illegitimate election."

There is no outcome in which MAGA Brown Shirts do not commit systematic acts of violence.  There is no winning here for this country.  Just different types of losing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

WaPo had Trump at +4 in Florida in late September before the first debate.  It’s a pink state that is pulling weird demographics.  Either Biden cuts into TrUmp’s 2016 margins with seniors enough to win or he doesn’t .  Either way, any Democrat that was betting on Florida man is a fool. 

How many government employees were furloughed in Florida during the little shutdown?  Quite a few, from what I recall, and I doubt they've forgotten the administration not understanding why they didn't have savings to draw from, or friends and family to loan them money.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  People are going to die.

The Turmpkin worldview cannot accept even the possibility that a majority of voters prefer an alternate candidate.  The only way that Trump loses is if there's fraud.  So, here's the thinking:

Trump wins = the Brown Shirts have complete validation and license to do what they wish, which is attack and impose their will on anyone who is an "enemy of the state".....which is, quite simply, all people who are not wearing red hats.

Trump loses = massive voter fraud = violent resistance to an "illegitimate election."

There is no outcome in which MAGA Brown Shirts do not commit systematic acts of violence.  There is no winning here for this country.  Just different types of losing.

Uh, Texas goes blue and everyone kinda just shuts the fuck up IMO. If America lets this election be close we deserve the brown shirts, because we are inviting them in the front door.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There is no outcome in which MAGA Brown Shirts do not commit systematic acts of violence. 

Until they are confronted by fed or local/state law enforcement.  Abbott can mock the librool cities in Texas all he wants, but no way he and the local jurisdictions will let any nuts go around killing folks.

7 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

WaPo had Trump at +4 in Florida in late September before the first debate.  It’s a pink state that is pulling weird demographics.  Either Biden cuts into TrUmp’s 2016 margins with seniors enough to win or he doesn’t .  Either way, any Democrat that was betting on Florida man is a fool. 

How many government employees were furloughed in Florida during the little shutdown?  Quite a few, from what I recall, and I doubt they've forgotten the administration not understanding why they didn't have savings to draw from, or friends and family to loan them money.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Until they are confronted by fed or local/state law enforcement.  Abbott can mock the librool cities in Texas all he wants, but no way he and the local jurisdictions will let any nuts go around killing folks.

Perhaps you've missed places like Hays County, TX, and New York City, where law enforcement is fully and completely backing MAGA and its Brown Shirts?  There are a shitload of jurisdictions in this country where MAGA Brown Shirts will be able to commit violence against "enemies of the state" with zero interference from local law enforcement.

43 minutes ago, immamac said:

Yeah IDK why they think that the federal Supreme Court is all of the sudden going to tell states what is and isn't legal when there is clearly no question of constitutionality or federal governance on what kind of locations can accept ballots that is 100% on the state and as MJ Hegar has already stated the SOS has already signed off and approved this AND used it in prior elections. This is a garbage suit and will be treated like one.

This was Gorsuch's statement when they denied the extension of Wisconsin vote-by-mail receive date:

The Constitution provides that state legislatures — not federal judges, not state judges, not state governors, not other state officials — bear primary responsibility for setting election rules..

To me that is an explicit statement that the federal courts should be interpreting how the state law is being applied. It doesn't matter that the state officials (SOS) or state judges (Texas SC) have decided it should be allowed.  The Feds have stated they will determine if the application of the law is meeting how the law was written.  In the end, it would just an egregious denial of voting rights to toss 100k votes, and I doubt it would happen, but I don't see how you can be confident that the Feds will just say "states' rights" and walk away from it. 

Edited by Tuco

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

This was Gorsuch's statement when they denied the extension of Wisconsin vote-by-mail receive date:

To me that is an explicit statement that the federal courts should be interpreting how the state law is being applied. It doesn't matter that the state officials (SOS) or state judges (Texas SC) have decided it should be allowed.  The Feds have stated they will determine if the application of the law is meeting how the law was written.  In the end, it would just an egregious denial of voting rights to toss 100k votes, and I doubt it would happen, but I don't see how you can be confident that the Feds will just say "states' rights" and walk away from it. 

To be clear, if the Federal Courts toss out 100k votes, particularly in a state and county where numerous races are closely contested, and do not provide full and fair opportunity for each and every one of those voters to be identified and allowed to re-vote......yeah.....bad shit will happen.  And it should.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

To be clear, if the Federal Courts toss out 100k votes, particularly in a state and county where numerous races are closely contested, and do not provide full and fair opportunity for each and every one of those voters to be identified and allowed to re-vote......yeah.....bad shit will happen.  And it should.

image.gif.7bf2f08b77671785a360bf41deeead38.gif