2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

3 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Any update of all the backed up ballots in the post offices in Michigan?  Last i heard a judge told the post office inspectors to clear that mail out and they basically ignored his order.

IIRC, it was several hundred thousand mail ballots that had been received but not processed

Just now, hpslugga said:

And he might enjoy life outside the WH more than in it. Wasn't it pretty well understood by most that he wasn't expecting to actually win in 2016 and was just using it as a vehicle for book deals, shows, etc?

For sure. He didn't really want the job. But he's a narcissist who probably likes winning, rubbing it in people's faces, and being the most talked about person on the planet more than he hates all the work that comes along with being President.

Is it off limits to ask this in what has become the game thread:  where did the 538/RCP/Economist poll summaries miss?  Are we in a spot where we have to conclude that it's just not possible to poll with enough accuracy to make predictions, or are we simply closer to a perfect storm (FL/NC/GA/PA going Trump, etc.)?

Just now, aggie08 said:

For sure. He didn't really want the job. But he's a narcissist who probably likes winning, rubbing it in people's faces, and being the most talked about person on the planet more than he hates all the work that comes along with being President.

Well if what you said is correct, you're still expecting an awful lot of attention span and long term memory achievements by the MAGAts

Just now, Helobious said:

I went to sleep thinking this was well over for Biden. Biden is still getting bent over in MI & PA, why have Trumps odds of victory plummeted? 

Outstanding votes left in both states mathematically look pretty solid for Biden.  (especially Michigan, that's a lock to me)

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UTDD said:

In about an hour, Biden went from -220 to -400.

He's going to take Michigan and it will be over, save for any off-field shenanigans, which at this point, I fully expect to happen.

Is it off limits to ask this in what has become the game thread:  where did the 538/RCP/Economist poll summaries miss?  Are we in a spot where we have to conclude that it's just not possible to poll with enough accuracy to make predictions, or are we simply closer to a perfect storm (FL/NC/GA/PA going Trump, etc.)?
I think polls are junk science until proven otherwise. They had Ohio as a tossup for fucks sake.

2 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Not having the President embarrass us on a daily basis would be good for me.

so Biden won't be speaking to the country on a regular basis?

Come on, man...

It's going to be a shitshow of a much different ilk, but shitshow all the same.

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

I think the lesson was "vulnerability to grifters is absolutely colorblind."

Lulz that you guys are acting like minorities can't be racist. The handful of people in my Asian community that voted for Trump pretend they're white and hate immigrants.  It's hilariously hypocritical but it happens

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

God, thank you.

The making of excuses for people who choose to vote for this man after the years of evidence of his true nature is disgusting.

Policy doesn't mean jack shit if the man you choose to carry out that policy destroys the very foundation of our country.

I mean we have four years of real evidence of an actual shit show versus some vague possibility that a man who has been a centrist in politics for nearly 50 years introduces us to SoCIAaLiSM.

I seriously would have voted for Bernie over Trump.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Did biden pick up one of the two single district votes needed to avoid 269-269?

I mean Fox News has been calling the Maine district for hours so that seems inevitable to me. Don't think the 269 is even vaguely likely at the moment.

Edited by hpslugga

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

Lulz that you guys are acting like minorities can't be racist. The handful of people in my Asian community that voted for Trump pretend they're white and hate immigrants.  It's hilariously hypocritical but it happens

This seems to be one of the harsh lessons.  We already knew that dumb people would vote against their interests, but the endorsement of white supremacy by minorities is shocking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Yea, this is definitely deflating.  Mitch is going to continue his fuckery and block Biden at every turn.  

He will, but Biden is 100% better at co opting R Senators than Obama. Without Trump keep Rs in line you will see cracks

• Hook 'Em 2