2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

A range of emotions this morning. I'm still flabbergasted how close it is. I'm also starting to think this is more about people being greedy not racist. America is not this evil but they are this greedy. Firmly believe that now. The 12k deduction swayed a bunch of people. All of the tax changes did. 

What most people dont understand is how much debt we racked up due to that and that was before Corona. Take what's mine. Everyone else including my kids be damned.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Just woke up too, I need a recap from what happened between 1:25 AM and now

Poll workers while they should have been counting...

PinkWideChrysalis-small.gif

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'm starting to believe.. don't crush me.

Feeling good about AZ, WI and MI. Don't know NV story

I'm pretty confident in NV, the outstanding vote is going to be in the neighborhood of 2:1 Biden

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

So like, legally, can Donald Trump Glover Cleveland this shit and try to run again in 2024? Most Presidents voted out of office would have the modesty to lay low and enjoy "retirement", but, you know...

Legally yes, but let's get realistic about that: he's gonna be fucking 78 years old and not likely to be in the best of health, physical or mental. Also, Republicans have historically cast aside those who lose general elections at that level.

2 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Is it Really though?  The fuckery will now begin.  Or am I just too cynical?

I think this is where the hatred for Trump from in government allows the process to proceed correctly. He needs help from too many states that happen to not like him. I have faith that there is little chance courts going to come in stir the pot in today's climate, other than to say - yeah, count the votes

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I am very doomy.  These margins are tiny.  I get the arguments, but I have the ultimate counter:  2020.

Well let's be fair about that one too: 2020 has fucked everyone, not just people who were clearheaded enough to know Biden was a much better choice than Benito Tangerini

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BradInATX said:

I woke up with pure existential dread assuming I'd be finding out that Trump won. Wow. Is doom off the menu?

I might actually get what I want in this election:

1. Texas didn't turn blue yet.

2. Major tax hike for civic center shot down by 60-40 margin in my local race.

3. GOP holds Senate

3. We get a change in the White House, and thus, a different direction socially( hopefully!!!)

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I woke up with pure existential dread assuming I'd be finding out that Trump won. Wow. Is doom off the menu?

For you, I think so, although you may not have final closure for a couple days. 

Unfortunately as of 9 pm last night half of the Biden supporters in this thread have vowed to stop supporting minorities because they have it so good, and the other half are moving to Portugal. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Legally yes, but let's get realistic about that: he's gonna be fucking 78 years old and not likely to be in the best of health, physical or mental. Also, Republicans have historically cast aside those who lose general elections at that level.

If the world was just he would be in jail. 

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I am very doomy.  These margins are tiny.  I get the arguments, but I have the ultimate counter:  2020.

The kicker here is in the close states where Biden leads, it's pretty much just absentee votes left in Dem counties. And they been going ~80% Biden. 

That is a very very high percentage, so the leads should stay stable, but will likely increase. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I might actually get what I want in this election:
1. Texas didn't turn blue yet.
2. Major tax hike for civic center shot down by 60-40 margin in my local race.
3. GOP holds Senate
3. We get a change in the White House, and thus, a different direction socially( hopefully!!!)
Fuck it, I'll take it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Enchubben said:

For you, I think so, although you may not have final closure for a couple days. 

Unfortunately as of 9 pm last night half of the Biden supporters in this thread have vowed to stop supporting minorities because they have it so good, and the other half are moving to Portugal. 

It was basically a game thread on steroids.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

I obviously hope that you're right, but he didn't really need party support the first time around. It's not like he's going to disappear from our televisions if he does, in fact, lose. He'll get almost as much attention as the ex-President, and 4 years is a long time for his supporters to stroke his ego.

Just now, aggie08 said:

I obviously hope that you're right, but he didn't really need party support the first time around. It's not like he's going to disappear from our televisions if he does, in fact, lose. He'll get almost as much attention as the ex-President, and 4 years is a long time for his supporters to stroke his ego.

And he might enjoy life outside the WH more than in it. Wasn't it pretty well understood by most that he wasn't expecting to actually win in 2016 and was just using it as a vehicle for book deals, shows, etc?

It was really fun waking up multiple times wondering what the hell was going on in the Midwest. I feel better than I did last night when I went to bed at 11, but much worse than the start of the day yesterday. So like many others have mentioned, basically the range of emotions one experiences watching the Longhorns shit the bed against an underdog, until 1 or 2 heroes step up to make a game of things.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

A range of emotions this morning. I'm still flabbergasted how close it is. I'm also starting to think this is more about people being greedy not racist. America is not this evil but they are this greedy. Firmly believe that now. The 12k deduction swayed a bunch of people. All of the tax changes did. 

What most people dont understand is how much debt we racked up due to that and that was before Corona. Take what's mine. Everyone else including my kids be damned.

They also don’t learn from history and understand the current market is a house of cards, and the inevitable post republican downturn is coming at some point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Not to rain on any parade, but either I'm still drunk or you are. Is MS really blue?

Yeah I fucked up. Here is update. Assuming he gets both the Nebraska and splits Maine or gets all 4 main here is the vote. You’re looking at a 270-272 win

900AAD93-3E3D-4FBB-A20B-345B74460F33.png

Edited by BurntOrange&White