2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Just now, G650 said:

He will, but Biden is 100% better at co opting R Senators than Obama. Without Trump keep Rs in line you will see cracks

Based on the electoral map, I doubt it.  Trumpism is here to stay for a while.  He will keep whipping them from outside the government and they wont cross him.  They cant.  

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

so Biden won't be speaking to the country on a regular basis?

Come on, man...

It's going to be a shitshow of a much different ilk, but shitshow all the same.

Fuck off with this shit! Trump is a colossal fucking embarrassment to the office he holds and the people he represents on an hourly basis day in and day out. He's fucking claiming he won an election this morning from the White House with people cheering from the audience. He's actively promoting the idea that all vote counting should stop. Go get fucking bent!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This is like saying the mom that makes you say "I love you" when she drops you off at school embarrasses you the same amount as having a crack whore for a mom that has sucked half the dicks in the county.

LOLz.

Enjoy the win.

6 minutes ago, G650 said:

Assuming Biden can close this out, everyone needs to be full fire and fury for turning out Ds in 2022

Wait...so this one wasn't full fire and fury?

I mean damn, we had 11 million votes cast out of 29 million folks in Texas. Granted not all of them are of voting age, but it's still fucked up how many people blow it off.

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Based on the electoral map, I doubt it.  Trumpism is here to stay for a while.  He will keep whipping them from outside the government and they wont cross him.  They cant.  

We will see. I'm not predicting free for all, but its going to be different than what most people envision i can assure you. Electoral pressure is rapidly changing in some states. Probably biggest take away from last night tbh.

9 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Marijuana swept the initiatives last night.

arizona legalized recreational.

montana legalized recreational.

new jersey legalized recreational ( hurry up New York)

South Dakota became the first state in history to go from full prohibition to legalizing both medicinal and recreational last night at the same time.

missiippi legalized medicinal.

fuck you Dan Patrick, Greg Abbott, and cornyn for keeping this illegal. Other more conservative states have passed this.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What if, instead, we demanded the Democrats give voters a reason to turn out?

Please, give me something to believe the Dems can give voters a reason to turn out when the Senate will block everything the Dems try. How does this end any other way than Biden being blamed for nothing happening? There's no stimulus package now

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Voldemort86 said:

Marijuana swept the initiatives last night.

arizona legalized recreational.

montana legalized recreational.

new jersey legalized recreational ( hurry up New York)

South Dakota became the first state in history to go from full prohibition to legalizing both medicinal and recreational last night at the same time.

missiippi legalized medicinal.

2fI2.gif

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is it off limits to ask this in what has become the game thread:  where did the 538/RCP/Economist poll summaries miss?  Are we in a spot where we have to conclude that it's just not possible to poll with enough accuracy to make predictions, or are we simply closer to a perfect storm (FL/NC/GA/PA going Trump, etc.)?

They missed the southeast, and underestimated Trump in the Midwest again.

Blue states are still blue (barely) in the Midwest when you don’t run Hillary. 
AZ is now a blue state at its heart. 
Tx and Florida are red states. 
I’m an idiot for believing anything the media says regarding polls. 
I was smart for remembering last night that blue states are blue and will end up there in the end. 

7 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

There are voters who supported him in 2016 and did not in 2020.

Once he's out of office, there will be no loyalty to him.  In his own words, "He's fired"  and that will be that.  Without the title to uphold any credibility/ influence he has, he'll just be another rich motherfucker that a lot of folks don't care for.

52 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

For you, I think so, although you may not have final closure for a couple days. 

Unfortunately as of 9 pm last night half of the Biden supporters in this thread have vowed to stop supporting minorities because they have it so good, and the other half are moving to Portugal. 

Yeah. Funny how all of a sudden some folks adopted Jared Kushner’s take on minorities. And I say that as someone who’s cycled through a lot of Fuck You rage this morning and last night to the world around me. It’s an instinct that we all have to beat down. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, slorch said:

so Biden won't be speaking to the country on a regular basis?

Come on, man...

It's going to be a shitshow of a much different ilk, but shitshow all the same.

Joe Biden is never going to tweet videos of his supporters yelling, "white power!"

No videos of Joe Biden dancing with Jeffrey Epstein are ever going to surface. 

Joe doesn't owe 100s of millions to shady overseas interests.  

He'll never put on a gimp mask and lick Putin's shoes in front of the world.

Joe Biden's tweets are going to be very boring and not at all embarrassing to the country.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, slorch said:

Once he's out of office, there will be no loyalty to him.  In his own words, "He's fired"  and that will be that.  Without the title to uphold any credibility/ influence he has, he'll just be another rich motherfucker that a lot of folks don't care for.

I don't think this is correct. IF he does lose, he's still a demagogue with a cult following.  He won't be just "another rich motherfucker".  He'll find a platform and continue to fuel these idiots' racism and ignorance.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

I think you're absolutely right about this.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

they’re a cult. They’ll spend the next 4 years figuring out their new messiah for the first 2-3 years there will be more republicans likely to swing in the senate imo. That is because they won’t get the public backlash like they did under trump. 

For the folks saying that Democrats need to find a way to turn out democratic voters that’s simply inaccurate.  Dems will win the popular vote handily hence the democratic voters have turned out.  What they have to do is find out how to turn out geographically separated democratic voters which in turn has the Democrats fighting wars on to many fronts policy/issue wise.  The electoral college has to go.  

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

Yea, just like Rush and FN dont influence the republican party either.  If he transitions to some kind of media position as expected, he will continue his stranglehold on the republican party.  He will dictate positions through media, and republicans will have to weigh facing the wrath of MAGA on every decision.   

EDIT:  Two big reasons he will continue to push the republicans.  One, he will try to use them as a shield for all the shit he did over the last 4 years in the courts.  Two, he will try to prop up either him or his kids run in 2024.  You think people are really peeling off those trump/maga wraps off their trucks and boats next week just because Biden lost?  This just reinforces all his deep state rhetoric.  Its comical that you think guys like Gaetz, Jordan, etc suddenly grow a spine.  

Edited by TXSG8R

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

I don't think this is correct. IF he does lose, he's still a demagogue with a cult following.  He won't be just "another rich motherfucker".  He'll find a platform and continue to fuel these idiots' racism and ignorance.

To the point that Senators and Representatives are beholden to him( or his following?)

We'll see, but it's not like Trump was some great leader.  He's simply "not on the other team."

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Help me out here - Trump (per CNN graphic) is up 600k votes in Pennsylvania but I see a lot of people here and elsewhere talking about it as still a possibility for Biden - are there that many votes left to count in Philly and Pittsburgh?  

Over a million mail in ballots.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

She was hired for a reason. giphy.gif

A couple of things on this.

The hanging chad problem in 2004 presented a kind of unique set of circumstances that are unlikely to be repeated.

The Supreme Court, namely John Roberts, but I think others too, is acutely aware that its institutional "reputation" is on the line and similarly are aware of the low regard in which the Bush v. Gore decision is held.  I am fairly optimistic that the Court "learned its lesson" with Bush v. Gore, and I think the likelihood of similarly "juicy" circumstances presenting themselves here is nil.  So, too, did state elections officials and I think they were by and large prepared to deal with this election in an orderly way that's going to curtail avenues for challenge at the federal level.

Even the new justices are not beholden to Trump any longer.  They are lifetime appointees.  See, e.g. the Trump financials cases.  I don't think the Supreme Court is in the bag for Donald Trump for this election.  It's really the ultimate "fuck you, I got mine" situation for the Trump appointees.

Lastly, now that the Senate remains red, they don't need to feel tempted to install Trump to avoid court packing or similar radical changes.  I think even the Trump appointees appreciate that Donald Trump is not good for the country and undeserving of meddling with electoral processes.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2