Blastfurnace 2020: The Forcefield strikes back

Kavinsky

19 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Do you guys realize that it’s possible to move to cooler weather?  Especially with work from home becoming more prevalent now.   Just have to adjust your “Texas is the best, by god” attitudes. Go spend a few years elsewhere. You can always come back. 

Impossible. There’s nothing outside of Texas. It’s a void.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/28/2020 at 7:14 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Do you guys realize that it’s possible to move to cooler weather?  Especially with work from home becoming more prevalent now.   Just have to adjust your “Texas is the best, by god” attitudes. Go spend a few years elsewhere. You can always come back. 

The other bonus is it makes reading this thread pretty fun.   

18 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Two weeks.  Our plan for cooler weather will be ready in two weeks.  

I mean, once we have all the deaths from Sturgis and the TX/AZ/CA/FL mega spread two weeks from now, we won't have to worry about as many people breathing up all the air and using their air conditioners.  It has to cool down.  

4 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I remember last year we kept hearing things were going to start cooling down around first of September.  It didn't happen until around mid October.

Every week it kept getting pushed back another week.  Same will happen this time.

It's a total crapshoot.

Over the last 100 years or so, the average fall date on which Houston first records a temperature reading in the 60's is right around September 16th. About maybe 30% of the time, it makes it into October. Over the previous 4 years, it has been 2 weeks late, a week and a half early, and nearly 4 weeks late. 

9/28/2016

9/7/2017

10/11/2018

10/8/2019

A front arriving sometime middle of next week would be on the earlier side of usual but not unprecedented.

4 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I mean, once we have all the deaths from Sturgis and the TX/AZ/CA/FL mega spread two weeks from now, we won't have to worry about as many people breathing up all the air and using their air conditioners.  It has to cool down.  

Let's just hope @Steel Shank doesn't drop another mixtape.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is because of Super Typhoon Maysak going into South Korea in a few days and continuing to track north into China.  It causes the jet stream to buckle and bring cool air down our way.  If this had gone east of Japan, it's likely the front would have gone further east and missed us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hate said:

This is because of Super Typhoon Maysak going into South Korea in a few days and continuing to track north into China.  It causes the jet stream to buckle and bring cool air down our way.  If this had gone east of Japan, it's likely the front would have gone further east and missed us.

That's some awesome butterfly effect shit there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Well yeah, Weather.com is showing mid-September temperatures returning to 95...without any help from heat indexes.  

"Five degrees above average" should be our new state slogan from May to October.  

11 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I came THIS CLOSE to negging the fuck out of this, but I held back. I am glad your husband stopped you.

My as well just make the fucking dumplings out of pumpkin.

So like a "Pumpling" then?  Pardon me, for some reason I just remembered I need to call South Austin's Mom.  

25 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I came THIS CLOSE to negging the fuck out of this, but I held back. I am glad your husband stopped you.

My as well just make the fucking dumplings out of pumpkin.

yeah yeah yeah.  my wife laughed at me too when i told her.  

• Hook 'Em 1