Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Perhaps the steele dossier was just lucky in guessing the problems within the trump campaign but it appears that, at best, the trump campaign tried to collude with foreign nations to win the election.   Don jr. taking meetings with other  govts?   Jeezus.  Senate intelligence committee already stated that Russia interfered with our election and they were for trump?  And this was a group of majority gop.

53 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

From Powerline:

The main basis, or pretext, for investigating Trump’s ties to Russia became the dossier ginned up by his political opponents. Political operatives can always gin up something about the other side that sounds improper (e.g. Obama was born outside the U.S.) or even sinister (e.g., the Clintons had Vince Foster killed). If that’s all it takes to get the FBI to spy on the political campaign of the out-of-power party’s candidate — and that’s all it seems to have taken here — then the Watergate break-in does begin to look like a second-rate burglary by comparison.

Also from Powerline:

We have no need to publish accurate information because people like Ragnarok will slurp up whatever gibberish we produce, even key facts that have been proven incorrect months/years ago.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, RayDog said:

The key source of information behind the Steele dossier appears to be the FBI informant.

There were multiple key sources in the Dossier.  It wasn’t a single source intelligence report.  I’m sure the Cambridge professor was one of them.

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Attacking the former head of the CIA. Attending the swearing in of the new CIA director later today.

Brennan is a despicable character. He gets no sympathy from me.  I suspect he’s been involved from the beginning in all these shenanigans.  

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Brennan is a despicable character. He gets no sympathy from me.  I suspect he’s been involved from the beginning in all these shenanigans.  

Investigating treason = shenanigans?  So now the real crime is not the crime, but the cops investigating the crime. 

Y’all Trumpist motherfuckers have everything backwards.  Whatever happened to “If you didn’t do anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about?”  Wasn’t that the law and order set’s operating slogan just a year ago?

• Like 7

10 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Sally Yates on Trump’s Calls to Investigate FBI: He’s Conducting An ‘All-Out Assault On The Rule of Law’

Former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates had a strong warning about President Donald Trump‘s actions – both prior and recent – regarding the Justice Department.

In an interview on Morning Joe Monday, Yates said that by asking the DOJ to investigate whether there was a politically-motivated FBI informant in his campaign, Trump just crossed a new line.

“I think what we’re seeing here is the president has taken his all-out assault of the rule of law to a new level and this time he is ordering up an investigation of the investigators who are examining his own campaign. You know, that’s really shocking,” she said.

“I know it was just a tweet but he did say something to the effect of, if I recall correctly, ‘I hereby order.’ And we saw the Justice Department respond to that, she added. “I think [Deputy Attorney General] Rod Rosenstein is trying to strike a balance here between defusing the situation and also protecting the rule of law and the institutional integrity of the department.”

Yates then cautioned more broadly against becoming inured to the president’s actions and statements which threaten the rule of law.

“I think one of the things we have to look out for is the old boiling the frog slowly issue,” she said. “We become accustomed to things that the president does, in directing DOJ. You know, I can remember a time when he would issue a tweet or directive and the reports would be: 

In an unprecedented act, the president did X or Y.’ It’s not so unprecedented anymore and oftentimes it doesn’t even make it through the full 24-hour news cycle.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/sally-yates-on-trumps-calls-to-investigate-fbi-hes-conducting-an-all-out-assault-on-the-rule-of-law/

So I'm not following everything as closely as all of you guys here.  We know Trump did shady/illegal shit prior to becoming president, most likely with money laundering, etc.  I'm 99.9% sure he broke the law in some form or fashion prior to the the campaign.  We also know aides have been indicted for stuff prior to the campaign as well.  My question, I guess, centers around this aspect of the dossier/informant/etc. that a lot of posters seem to be ok with since we know he previously did illegal shit. Is this (dossier/spy) the equivalent of planting evidence on a known criminal? Like cops sprinkling crack or planting a weapon?

1 minute ago, babysdaddy said:

So I'm not following everything as closely as all of you guys here.  We know Trump did shady/illegal shit prior to becoming president, most likely with money laundering, etc.  I'm 99.9% sure he broke the law in some form or fashion prior to the the campaign.  We also know aides have been indicted for stuff prior to the campaign as well.  My question, I guess, centers around this aspect of the dossier/informant/etc. that a lot of posters seem to be ok with since we know he previously did illegal shit. Is this (dossier/spy) the equivalent of planting evidence on a known criminal? Like cops sprinkling crack or planting a weapon?

No. 

2 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

No

3 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Concern troll

4 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

No.

21 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

No. Not in any way

28 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Nope.  Look at how much of it has already been shown as true. 

Just now, babysdaddy said:

I am.  Read some the Wall Street Journal coverage this morning and their timeline discussions and people involved smelled a bit like what I described.  

The timeline should kind of tip you off that it's a bunch of nonsense. If the FBI was spying on Trump's campaign for political purposes, then why did they go to great lengths to keep everything they learned a secret until after the election? Only Republicans are dumb enough to believe that the FBI would engage in nefarious behavior to keep a Republican from being elected President and not publicly release any of the extremely politically damaging information they had until after he had been elected. And that's not even getting into the fact that the FBI was breaking protocol to publicly tar Hillary's campaign at the same time. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Interesting.  What do the Weekly Standard and National Review have to say?  

"The more important question is what any of this has to do with Mueller. While then-FBI director James Comey and his band of merry men were investigating Clinton, the man who would become the special counsel was plugging away at his private practice at WilmerHale. Whatever gaffes the FBI might have made during that investigation or during the early stages of the Russia investigation, it is preposterous to lay them at Mueller’s feet—particularly considering that he was hired in part because that investigation had become such a political mess that it was necessary to bring in an objective third party to take over.

The president has not bothered to let such distinctions get in the way of his story. Trump does not seem to understand that Mueller, the FBI, and the Department of Justice are separate entities. Rather, they are all simply the “Witch Hunt”—a monolithic force of destruction and obstruction that, like its close cousin “fake news,” exists for no purpose other than being unfair to him."

https://www.weeklystandard.com/andrew-egger/trump-sunday-twitter-mueller-meltdown

“On the one hand, as many conservative writers have noted, the president is justified in being steamed that prosecutors were more deferential to Hillary Clinton than they have been to him”

lol you could argue Comey handed Trump the election.