Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

4 hours ago, Skyline said:

He claims he's paying market rate for it, but man the optics of this are shit. 

No worse than the optics of him being firmly in the pocket of the oil and gas industry, of professing a desire to destroy the institution he now heads, of being anti-science, pro-industry, the very embodiment of crony capitalism. This just seems like a matter of course. I'd expect nothing less. 

Without any staff, advisers, and such, pretty soon Trump is going to be holed up in there in near total isolation. He's just going to be watching TV 15 hours a day, being obsessively specific about his meals, and dreading germs. Occasionally he will spend time in Hotels that he owns.

The Howard Hughes parallels are getting eerie. 

18 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

No worse than the optics of him being firmly in the pocket of the oil and gas industry, of professing a desire to destroy the institution he now heads, of being anti-science, pro-industry, the very embodiment of crony capitalism. This just seems like a matter of course. I'd expect nothing less. 

At least he's consistent.  We must look for the silver lining in these dark times. 

15 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Without any staff, advisers, and such, pretty soon Trump is going to be holed up in there in near total isolation. He's just going to be watching TV 15 hours a day, being obsessively specific about his meals, and dreading germs. Occasionally he will spend time in Hotels that he owns.

The Howard Hughes parallels are getting eerie. 

Yeah, but Jared will just call FoxNews and tell them what to say to make him feel better.

5 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Carter Page is going to turn out have a 190 IQ, speak 20 languages, and be the most decorated CIA agent of all time, except his ops are so covert only the Deep State(TM) knows about them.

That's really the only other option.  He's either Forrest Gump, or the world's most brilliant CIA spy.  There's no in-between here.

In Putin owns Trump news:

Sigh.  

Yet when the president finally authorized the major policy shift, he told his aides not to publicly tout his decision, officials said. Doing so, Trump argued, might agitate Russian President Vladimir Putin, according to the officials.

"He doesn't want us to bring it up," one White House official said. "It is not something he wants to talk about."

Officials said the increasingly puzzling divide between Trump's policy decisions and public posture on Russia stems from his continued hope for warmer relations with Putin and stubborn refusal to be seen as appeasing the media or critics who question his silence or kind words for the Russian leader.

Critics have suggested Trump's soft approach to Putin has nefarious roots that are somehow entwined with Russia's interference in the 2016 election and the federal investigation into whether the president's campaign colluded in that effort, something the president has repeatedly denied.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

18 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Have any arms actually reached Ukranian hands yet?

Most arms reach the hands.  I mean, it would be funny to have a gap between the arms and the hands.  Like "the case of the mysterious missing wrists" or something.

You're a weird dude who asks weird questions.

I like your style.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Skyline said:

In a rally last month he said he already made America great, that’s why his 2020 slogan is “Keep America Great!” 

I, for one, already feel so much greater. I felt like a schlepp during the Obama administration.  But since Trump was elected my feet don't stink, puppies and women adore me, and I learned to play guitar. 

• Like 1

When I go outside in America it seems pretty great. Almost everyone I know has jobs, weather was nice today, the women in shorts are coming out. What's not to like?

Only until I see what President Dotard has tweeted out today or see the latest Russian news that I feel the world is coming to an end. If coming to blows with Russia means expelling diplomats or thinking twice about which oil wells to hoard then we have it pretty good.

I’m past letting Trump or the Russians get me down.  I’m excited I get to watch the best or worst story in American history unfold right before my eyes.  

It’s like reading the Game of Thrones books except it’s real.  It’s dark, salacious, unpleasant, and unpredictable.  It’s filled with an endless number of complex characters that can’t really be defined as good or bad.  There are spies, wars, assassinations, bribery, blackmail, billionaire oligarchs, organized crime, and whores held as political prisoners in Bangkok.

It’s fascinating shit that doesn’t come around very often in one’s lifetime.  I’m just going to sit back, take it all in, and hope for the best.

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m past letting Trump or the Russians get me down.  I’m excited I get to watch the best or worst story in American history unfold right before my eyes.  

It’s like reading the Game of Thrones books except it’s real.  It’s dark, salacious, unpleasant, and unpredictable.  It’s filled with an endless number of complex characters that can’t really be defined as good or bad.  There are spies, wars, assassinations, bribery, blackmail, billionaire oligarchs, organized crime, and whores held as political prisoners in Bangkok.

It’s fascinating shit that doesn’t come around very often in one’s lifetime.  I’m just going to sit back, take it all in, and hope for the best.

That's what I try to portray when others (namely the wife) says I'm too into this. Generations to come will learn about this as another lesson in the progression of governance. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear

14 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So is Ivanka playing Daenerys Targaryen and her brothers the Dragons?

Ivanka is more Cersei Lannister.  Spoiled her entire life and owes all her authority to her father except Trump is no Tywin.  He’s Joeffrey.

Mueller is Barristan Selmy for sure.

Putin is Littlefinger.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

26 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I started telling my wife, parents, etc last summer something along the same lines.  I was in the single digits when Nixon was in office, so I couldn't appreciate the history that was occurring with the presidency then.  For better or worse, we are living in a historical period.  

That doesn't diminish the other presidencies that all of us have lived through, but this administration is so far removed from the norms established over the years.....going to be interesting to see if future presidencies revert back, or continue on with wanton, reckless behavior on a near daily basis.

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Ivanka is more Cersei Lannister.  Spoiled her entire life and owes all her authority to her father except Trump is no Tywin.  He’s Joeffrey.

Mueller is Barristan Selmy for sure.

Putin is Littlefinger.

Trump is the lovechild of Joffrey and Hodor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Have any arms actually reached Ukranian hands yet?

We may have started sending them Javelins, but we are being picky about where they are deployed, so they don't fall into the wrong hands, and there's a lot of debate over whether they will be effective, given the cost.  There is a chance they could make things really expensive for the Russians, but a lot of the major fighting is more artillery-based.