Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Who says you would be pitching?

Pretty sure that concern trolls are never pitchers. I mean, they are very concerned about pitching. And very troubled by the dichotomy between pitching and catching. Yessir, very concerned. But they never commit to anything like pitching.
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Pretty sure that concern trolls are never pitchers. I mean, they are very concerned about pitching. And very troubled by the dichotomy between pitching and catching. Yessir, very concerned. But they never commit to anything like pitching.

And while you entrench yourself on one side of the argument about whether the pitchers or the catchers are the more noble party, I'll just sit on the sidelines and remind you that #bothsides are a bunch of buttfuckers. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Here is a weird dynamic. A complete radical like badteammate is less looney than Brisket. This guy I have to admit, has come to earn respect and, heck, even been able to if not change minds and hearts, at least challenge the thinking to entertain other ideas. And he does it by being a smart ass, in desultory ways at times, and with condescending conceit at times too. And yet, Brisket is loonier than a guy like that, complete with less integrity and respect.

tenor.gif?itemid=9789067

9 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

The crazy thing is that Brisket is the absolute worst poster and yet he thinks he is a brilliant mind who can and should proselytize with simplistic analogies and weak metaphors that he repeats because he’s latched on to them and it’s how he’s come to understand the world and that’s all he sees. He’s the chained up guy in Plato’s cave.

Here is a weird dynamic. A complete radical like badteammate is less looney than Brisket. This guy I have to admit, has come to earn respect and, heck, even been able to if not change minds and hearts, at least challenge the thinking to entertain other ideas. And he does it by being a smart ass, in desultory ways at times, and with condescending conceit at times too. And yet, Brisket is loonier than a guy like that, complete with less integrity and respect.

I hate to be ugly but it makes me wonder how he’s successful in any endeavor that involves people. Maybe he’s an engineer yelling at 1’s and 0’s all day. 

One of the known negative outcomes of online forums that allows for unrestricted public voting is that they can form feedback loops that reinforce unstable and undesirable posting styles.  Basically, the people want a champion to go out and expose and humiliate the opposition and also to mix in some derision & insults while they're at it just to really stick it to the infidels.  And so people who have any basic skill at this combined with an unhealthy lust for internet validation are happy to play the role.  Overtime this behavior gets reinforced more and more and eventually you get otherwise rational and decent people who behave like clowns dancing for nickels.  Basically miniature versions of cable news personalities.  

One of the known negative outcomes of online forums that allows for unrestricted public voting is that they can form feedback loops that reinforce unstable and undesirable posting styles.  Basically, the people want a champion to go out and expose and humiliate the opposition and also to mix in some derision & insults while they're at it just to really stick it to the infidels.  And so people who have any basic skill at this combined with an unhealthy lust for internet validation are happy to play the role.  Overtime this behavior gets reinforced more and more and eventually you get otherwise rational and decent people who behave like clowns dancing for nickels.  Basically miniature versions of cable news personalities.  

Lack of self awareness noted.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

I'm not reading all of the pre-mansex posts.

Have y'all talked about the Donald's whopper of a lie about U.S. Steel opening new plants yet?

I don't think we've even gotten around to talking about the whopper of a lie that N. Korea returned the remains of 200 servicemen yet.  

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Harleys suck. They are for guys with pot-bellies, short legs, and pirate gear. If we wanna MAGA, let's bring some Triumph Scrambler plants to the USA.

My late and very crazy-ass mom said they rumbled so much because their riders liked to have their assholes stimulated. And she would have said that to a bar full of Bandidos, too, God rest her blunt soul. This was a woman who made David Allen Coe cry at a party.  

• Haha 1

My late and very crazy-ass mom said they rumbled so much because their riders liked to have their assholes stimulated. And she would have said that to a bar full of Bandidos, too, God rest her blunt soul. This was a woman who made David Allen Coe cry at a party.  

DAC crying? Expound please.

The crazy thing is that Brisket is the absolute worst poster and yet he thinks he is a brilliant mind who can and should proselytize with simplistic analogies and weak metaphors that he repeats because he’s latched on to them and it’s how he’s come to understand the world and that’s all he sees. He’s the chained up guy in Plato’s cave.
I hate to be ugly but it makes me wonder how he’s successful in any endeavor that involves people. Maybe he’s an engineer yelling at 1’s and 0’s all day. 

Meh, I’m good. Got my coffee and wvataburger biscuit, heading to meetings.

I’m just amused that I live in a world where the guy who looks around and sees our president, his sycophants, and enablers, says loudly “WHAT THE FUCK?”....and I’m the crazy one. That, my friends, is good for a chuckle or two.

Keep on pretending that things are fine. Whatever helps you sleep.

I got the jalapeño cheddar biscuit, BTW, because you’d have to be insane not to.
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, pdmd_api said:

Has this been posted yet? You know just GOP reps who openly don't care about our voting security (unless it benefits the browns).

Just listened to the latest Stay Tuned with Preet and he had Garry Kasparov on to talk about Russia politics and he said this type of messaging is THE Russian playbook. Putin doesn't sell hope, he sells corruption as commonplace thus normalizing it. Scary to see our government adopt this strategy in real time. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Aphelion said:

Are you Justin Weiss Smith?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

A new national message will come, Obama argued, as the 2020 field of presidential candidates emerges. The people who are looking for one now are being ridiculous, he said, but if they needed something to hold them over, he said his own old slogan still works. 

“All these people that are out here kvetching and wringing their hands and stressed and anxious and constantly watching cable TV and howling at the moon, ‘What are we going to do?,’ their hair’s falling out, they can’t sleep,” Obama said. “The majority of the American people prefer a story of hope. A majority of the American people prefer a country that comes together rather than being divided. The majority of the country doesn’t want to see a dog-eat-dog world where everybody is angry all the time.” 

Obama mocked Trump and others for being among the angry: “They’re mad even when they win.”

Trump’s executive actions and legal maneuvers to cut down Obamacare after failing to repeal it in Congress are a perfect example of what he means, Obama said. 

“I am not surprised that instead of replacing what we had done with something better, they just have done their best to undermine and erode what’s already in place,” he said. “Of course people are going to be angry about that, because if you had health care and suddenly somebody who says they’re going to make it better comes in and makes it worse, you’ll be pissed. You should go out and vote.”

Obama called that an opportunity for Democrats. 

“Reality has an interesting way of coming up and biting you, and the other side has been peddling a lot of stuff that is so patently untrue that you can get away with it for a while, but at a certain point, you confront reality,” he said. “The Democrats’ job is not to exaggerate; the Democrats’ job is not to simply mimic the tactics of the other side. All we have to do is work hard on behalf of that truth. And if we do, we’ll get better outcomes.”

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

A new national message will come, Obama argued, as the 2020 field of presidential candidates emerges. The people who are looking for one now are being ridiculous, he said, but if they needed something to hold them over, he said his own old slogan still works. 

“All these people that are out here kvetching and wringing their hands and stressed and anxious and constantly watching cable TV and howling at the moon, ‘What are we going to do?,’ their hair’s falling out, they can’t sleep,” Obama said. “The majority of the American people prefer a story of hope. A majority of the American people prefer a country that comes together rather than being divided. The majority of the country doesn’t want to see a dog-eat-dog world where everybody is angry all the time.” 

Obama mocked Trump and others for being among the angry: “They’re mad even when they win.”

Trump’s executive actions and legal maneuvers to cut down Obamacare after failing to repeal it in Congress are a perfect example of what he means, Obama said. 

“I am not surprised that instead of replacing what we had done with something better, they just have done their best to undermine and erode what’s already in place,” he said. “Of course people are going to be angry about that, because if you had health care and suddenly somebody who says they’re going to make it better comes in and makes it worse, you’ll be pissed. You should go out and vote.”

“Reality has an interesting way of coming up and biting you, and the other side has been peddling a lot of stuff that is so patently untrue that you can get away with it for a while, but at a certain point, you confront reality,” he said. “The Democrats’ job is not to exaggerate; the Democrats’ job is not to simply mimic the tactics of the other side. All we have to do is work hard on behalf of that truth. And if we do, we’ll get better outcomes.”

Read that last paragraph over and over and over, Brisket.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I would like the Trump supporters (Gary Johnson voters) to explain the benefit of this. I'm ill informed on the positives our country (MAGA) and the world would gain from these type of moves. 

It’s what Russia wants?

President Trump has repeatedly told top White House officials he wants to withdraw the United States from the World Trade Organization, a move that would throw global trade into wild disarray, people involved in the talks tell Axios.

What we're hearing: “He’s [threatened to withdraw] 100 times. It would totally [screw] us as a country,” said a source who’s discussed the subject with Trump. The source added that Trump has frequently told advisers, "We always get fucked by them [the WTO]. I don’t know why we’re in it. The WTO is designed by the rest of the world to screw the United States."

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

59 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

No shit Obama.  That's why everyone with insurance was pissed that you fucked it up for us.  

• Haha 1

"You are right to be concerned," Guy who helped build a massive, deportation-happy police state and whose fix for healthcare was to force people under penalty of law to purchase private insurance.

Obama and Hillary either need to move left or fuck off. These people are pathetic.

• Like 1