Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Because they can't.  And we don't want a system where they can.

Impeachment is the only mechanism to remove a president from office.

The Senate will never convict on articles of impeachment.

So none of this matters.

So, how much scotch can I get if I bet against you?

And I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying if you're right the bet seems irrelevant. 

Brisket’s conclusion assumes the Senate will not be influenced by public opinion or fear of political consequences.

That assumption seems naive considering all these motherfuckers operate with their own self interest as a priority.  

It’s not party over county for these Republicans.  It’s me over country for each individual senator.

Getting public opinion to turn on Trump takes time and events like today move that ball in the right direction.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He will remain bulletproof, because the GOP Senate will be his kevlar, and will protect him from any and all impediments and harm.

There will be massive blowback on the GOP if they do that. There will be Betos all across the country.

3 minutes ago, RPM said:

There will be massive blowback on the GOP if they do that. There will be Betos all across the country.

Will there? I think I've lost faith that Republicans will do anything. Brisket will have to make room for me on his bench soon.  I really want you to be right.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Brisket’s conclusion assumes the Senate will not be influenced by public opinion or fear of political consequences.

That assumption seems naive considering all these motherfuckers operate with their own self interest as a priority.  

It’s not party over county for these Republicans.  It’s me over country for each individual senator.

Getting public opinion to turn on Trump takes time and events like today move that ball in the right direction.

You're right that they are purely selfishly motivated.  But that selfishness is tied to party.  The base is all that matters.  In many states, the GOP candidate for Senate will win.  Period.  The candidate could be Satan McPuppyfucker (R), and he'd win.  So, in order to win, they have to remain in the good graces of the GOP.  And the GOP is the party of Trump.  There's no room for any other belief or angle.  Swear loyalty to Trump, or be excommunicated.  Want to stay in office as a GOP Senator?  Swear -- and follow through on -- unquestioning loyalty to the tiny-handed King.  That means doing the following at the conclusion of the impeachment trial" "I'm very troubled by the things that I heard in this trial, but at the end of the day, I cannot vote to undo an election by the people.  I must vote "no" on conviction."

That's it.  That's where it ends.  We all know it, so why in the fuck are any of you getting your hopes up?  We have a demented criminal in office, and he's bulletproof under the protection of the craven sellouts in the Senate.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You're right that they are purely selfishly motivated.  But that selfishness is tied to party.  The base is all that matters.  In many states, the GOP candidate for Senate will win.  Period.  The candidate could be Satan McPuppyfucker (R), and he'd win.  So, in order to win, they have to remain in the good graces of the GOP.  And the GOP is the party of Trump.  There's no room for any other belief or angle.  Swear loyalty to Trump, or be excommunicated.  Want to stay in office as a GOP Senator?  Swear -- and follow through on -- unquestioning loyalty to the tiny-handed King.  That means doing the following at the conclusion of the impeachment trial" "I'm very troubled by the things that I heard in this trial, but at the end of the day, I cannot vote to undo an election by the people.  I must vote "no" on conviction."

That's it.  That's where it ends.  We all know it, so why in the fuck are any of you getting your hopes up?  We have a demented criminal in office, and he's bulletproof under the protection of the craven sellouts in the Senate.

We have a Democratic Senator from Alabama. We are about to have one from the great State of Texas. Fuck all this noise. They may not convict and remove but they will persuade him to resign or they will make his life hell. If he doesnt resign and allow a Republican President to step in for him, he will not be pardoned when the Democrats win the WH in 2020. If he wants to fight upstream against a Democratically controlled House and a divided Senate that despises him until he loses in 2020 and is prosecuted after he leaves office then so be it. The only way he avoids prison is to resign. Trump's Presidency effectively ended today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We all know it, so why in the fuck are any of you getting your hopes up?

I’m not confident you’re wrong but I’m sticking with my prediction Trump resigns in 2019.

Blue wave midterms 

Hearings and impeachment in 2019

Trump resigns to avoid public trial in Senate 

Pence pardons entire Trump family

Democrat elected potus in 2020

4 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

We have a Democratic Senator from Alabama. We are about to have one from the great State of Texas. Fuck all this noise. They may not convict and remove but they will persuade him to resign or they will make his life hell. If he doesnt resign and allow a Republican President to step in for him, he will not be pardoned when the Democrats win the WH in 2020. If he wants to fight upstream against a Democratically controlled House and a divided Senate that despises him until he loses in 2020 and is prosecuted after he leaves office then so be it. The only way he avoids prison is to resign. Trump's Presidency effectively ended today.

I like optimism.  I really do.

I just don't place bets based on it.

Alabama was a squeaker, and it took having a pedophile (so, almost Satan McPuppyfucker) running to lose that seat for the GOP.  That ain't a trend.  If the GOP Senate candidate isn't a pedophile, bet on him to win.  Yes, even here in Texas.  I WANT Beto to win.  I think he has an actual CHANCE to win.  But if you made me bet today, the smart money is on Cruz.  Because (R).

You think there's a long-game in this for the GOP?   There's not.  Their game is simple: once you have power, hold onto it, by any means necessary.  Prepare to see voter disenfranchisement activities at a jaw-dropping level.

1 minute ago, Longhorn94 said:

This is like when Rocky hit Drago and he bled. Mueller hit Trump today and he bled. Trump is just a man. And like Drago, he is going down hard.

I just have one question: who is going to take him down?  In our system of law, who is going to take down our deranged criminal president?  Start by asking "who CAN take him down?", then go from there.

Not gonna happen.

4 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

This is like when Rocky hit Drago and he bled. Mueller hit Trump today and he bled. Trump is just a man. And like Drago, he is going down hard.

Mueller got his first jury conviction today.

Starting tomorrow between Labor Day would be a great time for Mueller to start raining down indictments he’s been sitting on and then go quiet until after the midterms.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I just have one question: who is going to take him down?  In our system of law, who is going to take down our deranged criminal president?  Start by asking "who CAN take him down?", then go from there.

Not gonna happen.

I did that up above.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Not gonna happen.

Deep State. Duh.

Not gonna happen.

You keep misspelling dictator, at least to Trumpkins. But yes, you have a point. 

Methinks right wing media outlets going to spend a gargantuan amount of time talking about Mollie Tibbetts.

They were trying extremely hard to inject it into the Cohen/Manafort discussions. The line is “middle America doesn’t care about tax evasion, they care about illegal immigrant crime”

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Not gonna happen.

On top of our broken system, add a malignant narcissist who will never admit fault or feel shame. Horrible combination. He will never do the right thing and fold no matter how bad of a hand he has.

2 minutes ago, retread said:

On top of our broken system, add a malignant narcissist who will never admit fault or feel shame. Horrible combination. He will never do the right thing and fold no matter how bad of a hand he has.

Nope, he won't.  He'll take all of us down with him.  Which is exactly what he's going to do.  If he can't have this country, NOBODY can.

Nope, he won't.  He'll take all of us down with him.  Which is exactly what he's going to do.  If he can't have this country, NOBODY can.

Trump always folds. 

He is a habitual folder.

Anything with Trump’s name on it he has either ended up bankrupting and running away or just running away when faced with the threat of real accountability and consequences.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The Republic goes "splat" at the end.  The Republic is dead.

giphy.gif

Maybe the congress over the next decade substantially constrains the power of the executive and starts fulfilling their constitutional responsibility over everything from war making to fiscal planning.

Oh fuck it.  You're actually probably right.  Imagine it only getting worse from here in the long term trend. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Has anyone observed that none of this matters?  He won't lose any support -- and most importantly, he won't lose ANY support in the Senate?  We could impeach him tomorrow, and the Senate will never, ever, ever convict him?  Cuz I just want to bookmark that sentiment for the record, pollyanna that I am. 

We're probably going to need to vote him out of office. Everything that happens to add to his legacy of corruption and criminality can only help in that regard and hopefully serve as a cautionary tale for future generations. I don't know if democracy will survive Trump but, if it does, I'd like to think we'll be stronger because of it. 

Just now, DDD Dad said:

Latest reports now seem to be pushing the narrative that the President cannot be indicted.

1. He didn't do it.

2. It's not illegal.

3. It doesn't matter, can't be indicted.  

1.  Of course he did.

2.  Of course it is.

3.  Sadly, this is correct.

He's the sitting POTUS.  The courts are not an available remedy here.  Only impeachment by the House and conviction by the Senate are in play.  That's our failsafe.  It's our only failsafe.

And it will fail.

Splat.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

1.  Of course he did.

2.  Of course it is.

3.  Sadly, this is correct.

He's the sitting POTUS.  The courts are not an available remedy here.  Only impeachment by the House and conviction by the Senate are in play.  That's our failsafe.  It's our only failsafe.

And it will fail.

Splat.

If he serves his full term, can he be indicted afterward?  Both for crimes committed prior to the election and for crimes committed while President?

Can he be indicted in state court for corrupt business activities while President?  I still think all the dominoes fall in NY state the week after his term is up. 

Has anyone observed that none of this matters?  He won't lose any support -- and most importantly, he won't lose ANY support in the Senate?  We could impeach him tomorrow, and the Senate will never, ever, ever convict him?  Cuz I just want to bookmark that sentiment for the record, pollyanna that I am. 

Not true, they will wait until the 11th hour to give him the aggy qb treatment.

2 hours ago, sachick said:

So when is the Twitter melt down? Think his handlers have taken his phone away because this will be an epic melt down with the Manafort and Cohen stuff today. And then there is tapes from Omarosa?  

im-so-giddy-i-cant-contain-myself.gif

and aggy already caught cheating. 

• Like 1

Watch this.  We're just getting started.  A giant medieval roller of flaming butcher knives just got kicked down the hill.

There's different ways this can go, but when the more shocking and heinous treason comes out, the withering effect on the lie machine, the will of toadies to step in double time, will take its toll.  It will all crumble and the calculus today will be quite different.  

It's most important for we the people to keep a peaceful level head as much as possible and be kind to our neighbors regardless of political stripe.  It's going to be revealed to be that bad.

Hold on, after every single mass shooting tragedy, we are screamed at by Trumpkins and Foxnewsers that NOW is not that time for politics!!!!   Does that somehow not apply when a tragedy involves an illegal immigrant?  Where are the thoughts and prayers?

5 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Watch this.  We're just getting started.  A giant medieval roller of flaming butcher knives just got kicked down the hill.

I sure as hell hope so.

6 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

There's different ways this can go, but when the more shocking and heinous treason comes out, the withering effect on the lie machine, the will of toadies to step in double time, will take its toll.  It will all crumble and the calculus today will be quite different.  

I have my doubts.  People who are utterly immune to truth and facts are not going to change anything because of, well, truth and facts.  We have lost the country to the deranged, and we are not getting it back.  BUT IF WE DO....

7 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

It's most important for we the people to keep a peaceful level head as much as possible and be kind to our neighbors regardless of political stripe.  It's going to be revealed to be that bad.

....fuck that.  Trumpkins need to be shamed all the way back into their holes.  Then, they need to be pursued down those holes with torches, till they disappear into the earth's inner abyss.  Then, toss the torches in after them.  Precisely because yes, things ARE THAT BAD.  These fuckers willingly collaborated with a conspiracy between a criminal syndicate and a corrupt foreign power, at the expense -- I believe fatal expense -- of our Republic.

Thus always to collaborators....

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2