Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

Isn’t there language analysis that can be done, somewhat like handwriting analysis, that can figure out who wrote the piece?

One thing reported about the leaks coming out of this White House is the leakers will often intentionally mimic the language and word choice of their coworkers to throw people off the scent.

Isn’t there language analysis that can be done, somewhat like handwriting analysis, that can figure out who wrote the piece?

“Lodestar” is not a commonplace word. One thing that separates disciplined professional writers from talented amateurs is that professionals kill their darlings when they serve no purpose. The NYT piece is self-indulgent on many levels, including linguistically.

• Like 1

“Lodestar” is not a commonplace word. One thing that separates disciplined professional writers from talented amateurs is that professionals kill their darlings when they serve no purpose. The NYT piece is self-indulgent on many levels, including linguistically.

This. There’s a shitload of unskilled auto-fellatio in that piece.

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

One thing reported about the leaks coming out of this White House is the leakers will often intentionally mimic the language and word choice of their coworkers to throw people off the scent.

Right.  The "lodestar" bit could mean it was Pence, or it could be a red herring.  50/50.  

God, I want it to be Pence.  Who has more to gain?

10 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
13 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:
It's Zina Bash. 

Seriously, it's probably some random person we've hardly ever heard of. 

Right, because of this clown show everyone probably has the title of senior whatever. They hand them out like gold stickers

In this administration, if you've stayed on board for more than 3 months, by definition you're "senior."

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

That “give him a chance” shit was laughable from Day 1. He was never going to be successful and it was always going to be a circus because he’s a fucking clown. He’s always been a clown. We haven’t learned very much new information about Trump since he was elected. It’s just on display in a massive way and he’s actually responsible for shit that matters. 

Exactly. Elect a clown, expect a circus. 

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Another dark horse author would be Jeff Sessions 

He’s the most politically savvy and if revealed to be him, what is Trump going to do? Fire him?

yeah okay. 

Dotus did just spend the weekend repeatedly tweeting that the DOJ should be used as a weapon against political enemies, and drop prosecutions of Republicans.  

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Be funny if someone intentionally used lodestar to cast suspicion on Pence.

From May

https://www.axios.com/trump-white-house-leakers-leak-about-leaking-dae05b8e-e792-41a7-bb74-c2756b542cd0.html

• "To cover my tracks, I usually pay attention to other staffers' idioms and use that in my background quotes. That throws the scent off me," the current White House official added.
  • Like 1

Trump was plenty nuts before, but after this shit?  Omarosa turning on him is something he can blow off because she's a nobody, but this is someone high up in his administration, that is anonymous, who is actively undermining him.  It's gonna eat away at him and the "Witch Hunt!" shit will pale in comparison to what comes next.

This can't end well for any of us.  Either get his ass out of there pronto or ease the fuck up on him while you're working to get him out.  Lobbing these bombs and making him even more paranoid while leaving him in the Office is going to lead to some really fucked up shit.  You can't steal everything off his desk. 

15oz89l.jpg

That tweet is so confusing on so many levels.
It’s like he’s trying to create a new (false) defense narrative but it’s not coming together.

From @gregolear
In the GoodFellas reboot that is the Trump presidency, we've reached the part where Henry's making meatballs, doing deals w/ his connection in Pittsburgh & avoiding helicopters. At this rate, by Halloween, Melania will be flushing a brick of coke down the White House toilet.

This is dead on.

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

What are the chances that the GOP turns on Trump once Kavanaugh is confirmed?

In other words, once they get what they really want.

They’re waiting to see the results of the midterms. There’s still a 20-25% chance the GOP holds the House. If they do, they’re gonna double down on trumpism. If not, the ones with less crazy primary constituencies may start moving back toward “compassionate conservatism” bullshit.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I think most Americans wanted Trump to succeed in the beginning.  I wanted him to do a good job.  Even Hillary said we should give him a chance to lead and I agreed with her.

Obviously, mistakes were made. 

What is still developing, the consequences.

I hoped for the best, but he lost me with his inauguration speech. I really hoped he would step up to that podium and sound a conciliatory tone. Try to unite the country, give us a message of hope...but he used it as a bully pulpit. I texted Brisket during the speech and said “we’re fucked”

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

What are the chances that the GOP turns on Trump once Kavanaugh is confirmed?

In other words, once they get what they really want.

Pence would have given them Kavanaugh or someone even more to the right.  The reality is that the GOP actually loves Trump.  He's everything they've always wanted. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

They’re waiting to see the results of the midterms. There’s still a 20-25% chance the GOP holds the House. If they do, they’re gonna double down on trumpism. If not, the ones with less crazy primary constituencies may start moving back toward “compassionate conservatism” bullshit.

Yep.  It's a game Blithe...just a game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Good point, they might hold out to see if RBG drops dead.  3 supreme court justices in 4 years would be a big get.

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

Pence would have given them Kavanaugh or someone even more to the right.  The reality is that the GOP actually loves Trump.  He's everything they've always wanted. 

Not necessarily.  He would have tried, but there would have been even more resistance to an unelected president picking a justice.

There is absolutely no way it's Pence. That dude has probably watched Trump bang Mother with a proud smile on his face.  He isn't smart, cunning, or man enough to go against Donald. 

My guess is it's someone on Pence's staff that has picked up the "lodestar" term from him, or some other person in the administration who purposely used the word to make people think it's Pence.