Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Is anyone keeping a master list on Trump phobias? Things that are rumored to literally frighten Trump:

Stairs, tripping on them

Spilling water on himself

Reading

Germs

Getting fat (ship has sailed on that one)

Going bald (ditto)

Being poisoned or having his food tampered with

Telling the truth.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Is anyone keeping a master list on Trump phobias? Things that are rumored to literally frighten Trump:

Stairs, tripping on them

Spilling water on himself

Reading

Germs

Getting fat (ship has sailed on that one)

Going bald (ditto)

Being poisoned or having his food tampered with

Rain

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting Mr. KellyAnne Conway.  Take it away George:

While channel surfing last night, I fell upon Cuomo "interviewing" KellyAnne.  It was painful.  It's hard to believe those two both have law degrees.  It was two monkeys throwing shit at each other.  Cuomo had multiple openings to rip her to shreds but just kept the juvenile back & forth for as long as I could stomach it....about 3 minutes. 

That's how I imagine her home life is w/ her husband.

I saw this. Kelly Anne was out of arguments completely. She didn't have a single salient point. Most of what was her saying "Oh Christopher, why did you hate America ..". 

Frankly, it was a form of intimate whining and flirting with him which worked on his sense of chivalry. I felt a little sorry for her. It was like a married couple arguing intimately in which you know the woman will eventually win no matter how wrong she is.

She probably hates Trump. Loves the power of her job but hates the little misbehaving boy she's in charge of.

To reiterate some of the concerns of the Trump Admin and how (not) seriously they took on running the country, Stay Tuned with Preet has an informative podcast touching on some things I had no clue about: https://www.npr.org/podcasts/551791730/stay-tuned-with-preet

Michael Lewis is the author of fifteen books, including Moneyball and The Big Short. His new book, The Fifth Risk, takes on the Trump administration. He speaks with Preet about the dedication of the civil service, Trump's attack on trust, and the dangers of willful ignorance. Plus, Preet's take on Cohen's three-year prison sentence.

Fox & Friends Friday Morning Excuse:  Paying off women is part of a billionaire's lifestyle

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/fox-friends-excuses-trumps-hush-money-payments-paying-off-women-part-billionaire-lifestyle/

Meanwhile, staunch Trump warrior Brian Kilmeade told viewers that anyone who reads the New York Post’s “Page Six,” a gossip column in the tabloid popular in New York City, would know that Donald Trump “lived the life of a high-profile billionaire.”

Kilmeade suggested that the average billionaire’s lifestyle includes paying off women all the time.

“So no, you wouldn’t think that one vote would be changed if people knew, or didn’t know that the president was having some type of relationship with these two women,” Kilmeade insisted.

Fox & Friends Friday Morning Excuse:  Paying off women is part of a billionaire's lifestyle

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/fox-friends-excuses-trumps-hush-money-payments-paying-off-women-part-billionaire-lifestyle/

Meanwhile, staunch Trump warrior Brian Kilmeade told viewers that anyone who reads the New York Post’s “Page Six,” a gossip column in the tabloid popular in New York City, would know that Donald Trump “lived the life of a high-profile billionaire.”
Kilmeade suggested that the average billionaire’s lifestyle includes paying off women all the time.
“So no, you wouldn’t think that one vote would be changed if people knew, or didn’t know that the president was having some type of relationship with these two women,” Kilmeade insisted.

He’s one of us!
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I know, I know... but it's just surreal that the same people who have chanted "LOCK HER UP!!!" for three years for using a private email server are now saying that a crime is no big deal if nobody dies.

You ignorant fool! Servers are agents of the devil. She used HER OWN server...for EMAILS!!!!! It's not in the same universe as these crimes, which are really crimelets. DUH

Edited by burntorangebongos

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I know, I know... but it's just surreal that the same people who have chanted "LOCK HER UP!!!" for three years for using a private email server are now saying that a crime is no big deal if nobody dies.

not any crime.  just their crimes.  you know: it's ok if i do it.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

What does a billionaires lifestyle have to do with Donald Trump?  Unless they’re re talking billions in debt.

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

"Your Honor, my client is only guilty of small crimes, not big crimes. It's not like he did 9-11. Do you remember 9-11 sir? I'm not sure if you remember your honor, but I was the mayor during 9-11 and that is why we stand during the national anthem your honor. The defense rests." 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

We murder children.

483C117D00000578-0-image-a-11_1516207089

Abolish ICE.

Purge the Border Patrol.

Just so everybody is clear what is happening here:

Landowners along the border often put out water caches for immigrants who are coming from humid, wet places like S. Mexico and Central America, and have never experienced an arid environment, and probably didn't realize what they were getting into, and maybe  literally dying of dehydration (like the 7 yr old girl) can get some water. Then BP comes along, drives onto private land, and pours the water out. Because illegal immigrants deserve to die in the desert, I guess.

Many landowners would prefer that immigrants not cut through their land, true, but they would also prefer that if the immigrants are going to cut through, that they not die, because that becomes an even bigger hassle.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

We murder children.

483C117D00000578-0-image-a-11_1516207089

Abolish ICE.

Purge the Border Patrol.

While I am sure the USA does in fact kill children in many ways, I am willing to withhold judgement in this particular case (the 7 yo girl, not the above picture), despite the less than stellar reputation of the Border Patrol.  NPR had a segment this morning on the girl's death, and lots about this is still unknown.

12 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Is he having a stroke?

Good Lord, I twist myself in knots to make sure my posts don't have grammatical errors. How many people on here read them? Two? Maybe three?

How many followers does Trump have? Millions.

I know it sounds petty, but it it does say a lot about his attention to detail and to the standard of care he applies to his job . One could easily conclude other matters with in the Executive Branch are getting that same level of detail and care. Sheesh.

3 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Good Lord, I twist myself in knots to make sure my posts don't have grammatical errors. How many people on here read them? Two? Maybe three?

How many followers does Trump have? Millions.

I know it sounds petty, but it it does say a lot about his attention to detail and to the standard of care he applies to his job . One could easily conclude other matters with in the Executive Branch are getting that same level of detail and care. Sheesh.

The sad part is that the first time I read it I didn't even see them. He has normalized so much shit.

5 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

I spent a lot of time on ranches in South Texas (south of the checkpoints) growing up. We would often come across illegals while driving around or a couple of times they wandered up to the house. We would give them water and tamales and call the border patrol.  I never felt scared or threatened by any of them. This demonization of these people is fucking terrible. I would say that 99.9% of the people who think this is a material issue in this country have never been to the border region and never encountered illegals in their life. They are just sheep who need a boogeyman. 

This has been my experience as well.

Back in 2009, I was hunting down in south Texas the weekend of the Texas Nebraska Big 12 Championship game.  A freak cold front had worked its way down south and we had some snow flurries with temps in the 20s and a howling wind. It had been hot and dry in the weeks prior.  One poor guy (illegal mid 20's)happened upon our set up wearing tennis shoes, jorts, and a long sleeved t shirt and otherwise totally unprepared for the conditions.  Given his age and resourcefulness, I am sure he could have sheltered up someplace down there and probably made it once the conditions got better.  Nevertheless, we got him some of our clothes, fed him, got him warmed up by the fire, set him up with some cash, and drove him about 30 miles up the road to a guy we knew that could set him up with work and contacts.

Rather than feeling warm and fuzzy about our good deeds, we got to talking about the fellow and what he had to go through just to get to where our camp was a good 30 miles from the border.  We could use more people like that in our country.

Also, on a few occasions, while camping down on PINS, illegals would show up out of nowhere walking down the beach in the middle of the night.  Never felt threatened in the slightest (which I can't say about the idiots hauling ass down the beach in their jacked up Dodges with their confederate flags waving).  These guys were pretty well prepared.  We topped off their water, wished them luck, and they got the hell out of there-all business.

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Just so everybody is clear what is happening here:

Landowners along the border often put out water caches for immigrants who are coming from humid, wet places like S. Mexico and Central America, and have never experienced an arid environment, and probably didn't realize what they were getting into, and maybe  literally dying of dehydration (like the 7 yr old girl) can get some water. Then BP comes along, drives onto private land, and pours the water out. Because illegal immigrants deserve to die in the desert, I guess.

Many landowners would prefer that immigrants not cut through their land, true, but they would also prefer that if the immigrants are going to cut through, that they not die, because that becomes an even bigger hassle.

A bit more about that photo/video- still terrible, but from a much earlier administration.

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He's gonna do a deal with China. Great deal. Best deal ever. Trump does deals. He wrote the deal book.

I'm so sick of him using that word. He's the stupid, angry man's Monty Hall.

He's not even fucking good at it.  His conversation with Chuck and Nancy would have been mocked in a Negotiations 101 class.

It's obvious that his deal-making ability solely consists of entering the negotiation process from a more powerful position and bullying the other side.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Is he having a stroke?

Strange how he picks and chooses which countries/world leaders he decides to hold their feet to the fire.   As an example, he could easily be tweeting that we are going to force MBS out unless the US receives some other concessions from Saudi Arabia.   Instead he embraces MBS without using the current leverage that he has.    It's almost as if some of these world leaders hold leverage over him....    China dropped the ball in not digging up dirt on Trump or offering him money.

14 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

This has been my experience as well.

Back in 2009, I was hunting down in south Texas the weekend of the Texas Nebraska Big 12 Championship game.  A freak cold front had worked its way down south and we had some snow flurries with temps in the 20s and a howling wind. It had been hot and dry in the weeks prior.  One poor guy (illegal mid 20's)happened upon our set up wearing tennis shoes, jorts, and a long sleeved t shirt and otherwise totally unprepared for the conditions.  Given his age and resourcefulness, I am sure he could have sheltered up someplace down there and probably made it once the conditions got better.  Nevertheless, we got him some of our clothes, fed him, got him warmed up by the fire, set him up with some cash, and drove him about 30 miles up the road to a guy we knew that could set him up with work and contacts.

Rather than feeling warm and fuzzy about our good deeds, we got to talking about the fellow and what he had to go through just to get to where our camp was a good 30 miles from the border.  We could use more people like that in our country.

Also, on a few occasions, while camping down on PINS, illegals would show up out of nowhere walking down the beach in the middle of the night.  Never felt threatened in the slightest (which I can't say about the idiots hauling ass down the beach in their jacked up Dodges with their confederate flags waving).  These guys were pretty well prepared.  We topped off their water, wished them luck, and they got the hell out of there-all business.

Great story. I vividly remember that cold front as I was tailgating outside of Jerryworld and was underdressed. My steep blood pressure rise on Suh's 27th sack of Colt warmed me up. 

Interesting that illegals make their way to PINS. I'd be interested in the logistics of how they got there. 

15 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Great story. I vividly remember that cold front as I was tailgating outside of Jerryworld and was underdressed. My steep blood pressure rise on Suh's 27th sack of Colt warmed me up. 

Interesting that illegals make their way to PINS. I'd be interested in the logistics of how they got there. 

I've lived in Texas for close to 50 years and never heard of PINS.  What is it?

13 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

It has been awhile since I have seen any down there.  Summer seemed to be when I remember my encounters.  I camp back in Yarborough during the summer (and most other times as well), so no action there.  All the cameras installed at the gates and whatever other post 911 changes that eventually made into NPS parks probably put a lid on some of it. Doesn't seem to have stopped the drug dealers though-seems like I am always reading about that stuff down there.