Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Sorry guys.... I don’t know what thread to post this on but......

does anyone think marijuana reform might get a boost with a democratic led House of Representatives?

Absolutely. Additionally, the Dems know it’s a winning issue and are pushing ballot initiatives at state level to increase voter turnout. Nebraska is going have at least a medical one on the ballot for 2020. Fucking Nebraska.

3 hours ago, Lurch said:

You and I are paying for federal workers to NOT work. It’s a tremendous waste of money.

Partially true.

Essential federal workers have to work without pay during the shutdown.  The Secret Service?  It's under the Department of Homeland Security.....and that has zero funding right now.  So, Trump's Secret Service is working without pay.  Now, they should get the pay back after the shutdown is over (assuming the House introduces and passes a bill for this purpose, the Senate passes it and the President signs off) but nothing is promised.  

Plus, here's a quirk in that setup.  Say an essential employee decides to take a sick day or two during the shutdown.  They can't come back to work if they are scheduled until the shutdown is over, and they lose the money they would have received if they had worked those days.  In other words, if you are an essential employee, you just don't take off time. If your kid is sick, well, tough shit.  If the shutdown lasts a month or more, that's a month or more of salary you gave up.

Source:  my bride, an essential Fed,  whose mood changes greatly anytime there is a shutdown.  

Edited by Francisco 2.0

4 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

It’s like that Chris Rock bit about guys boasting about staying out of prison or that they take care of their kids. You’re supposed to!

Congrats on doing your job. And millennials are the participation award snowflakes. 

Everything in this presidency is like that.  You're supposed to you dumb mothafucka!

And it's so clear that he is as insecure as we've ever seen him. Talking about his fucking electoral victory, projecting the fantastical view he has of himself into his tweets: "favorite" "hero"  "popular." Trying to get an attaboy for doing his fucking job. He is just screaming for validation and adulation. Fox better bring their A-game tomorrow.

On 12/21/2018 at 5:19 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Sure, Cletus leaving the ballot space blank or voting for somebody else in the primary worries them, but ultimately Cletus isn’t paying the re-election bills, and if the BMDs tell the Republicans in Congress to jump, the Republicans are going to say “how high”.  

How many impeachment votes that results in, who knows, but those people care more about their lobbyists and donors with deep pocket books than Cletus and his MAGA hat, and Trump’s various trade spats could easily put a lot of Cletuses out of work anyways.

This what I don't get about the GOP. Cletus is never going to cross party lines. You could piss on Cletus and shit on his wife and both will still pull the GOP lever.

On 12/21/2018 at 8:20 PM, Hank Kingsley said:

This is some of the most cowardly, disingenuous bullshit, and I can't fucking believe people STILL have this mindset. 

1. This mystery "palatable" D candidate you're wishing for? It's actually a Republican. Your party has gone so far off the fucking deep end over the last 2-3 decades, that you're actually just wanting what you think a Republican should be. 

2. I love that Republicans always recommend to liberals that they should nominate a "centrist", all the while they just fucking voted for the stupidest comic book villain ever as POTUS. 

3. Calling Beto an "extremist" shows how clueless you really are. People on the left are already eating him alive for not being progressive enough. Pay attention, please. 

I figured it out it is Kasich or Hillary.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

9 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

This what I don't get about the GOP. Cletus is never going to cross party lines. You could piss on Cletus and shit on his wife and both will still pull the GOP lever.

Cletus is a vanishing breed even in rural areas.  Politics will be changing soon.  The real issue is whether or not Trump replacements are worthy and true patriots.

11 hours ago, Tuco said:

Keep in mind, most Republicans have convinced themselves (and a good portion of general public) that universal healthcare is extremist.  We are the only industrialized nation in the world who doesn't have it.  We spend more per capita than any other country on healthcare.  But, somehow, the idea of universal healthcare is extremist.  It's not just that they think it is unwise and that they are against it, they have convinced themselves that it is extremist.

Calling Beto an "extremist" means absolutely nothing.    

While many are on a universal healthcare program called...Medicare.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RPM said:

I see you have not been to Rednecks with Paychecks.

Actually, I am very familiar with St Jo, Texas and Montague County.  Saint Jo once was a thriving community with banks, commerce, family ranches and farms, and some shallow oil fields.  Today, they have no banks, no commerce, a small poor Texas town.  They recently lost their only grocery store.  Saint Jo still has a respected small ISD whose graduates go to work or universities in urban areas...Denton, Fort Worth, Wichita Falls.  I guarantee you the majority of leavers are not Cletus in their music, entertainment, or culture.  They are gone and they are not rural hillbillies.

Yes, Saint Jo hosts RWP to lure any money they can to their town. Sure rednecks from Oklahoma, Texoma, come run their mud machines and go home. By the way this is a very small venue.  I actually know.

Yes, Cletus is a vanishing breed even in rural areas.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

He's our favorite President:

1 hour ago, retread said:

He's cracking up.

This is what I'm most worried about. He's going to make us all pay for wronging him. What, how, and when are the unknowns, but it is coming.

To actually read the words of an American president voice a victim complex like that (when it is well-earned) is...troubling to say the least. And the fact that the supposedly responsible adults in this administration have left the party leaves me less than confident that things will turn out for the best.

If I get to see my daughter the day after Xmas, she's going to get a bigger than usual hug.

• Like 2