Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

6 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

So he's totally going to pardon Manafort, right?

Also, remember back when elected officials refrained from commenting on ongoing trials to avoid the appearance of interfering?

Lulz Remember when Obama chose not to got hard to the paint publicly on Russian interference  to avoid the appearance of interfering in the election?  I ‘member 

Obama had his reasons at the time which I understand but don’t agree with.

I just wanted to add this anecdote to further illustrate how far we’ve fallen in the norms department.

The worst part about Trump now publicly wanting to shut down the Mueller investigation is he wants to hide the truth from the American people on an orchestrated clandestine MILITARY ATTACK from the RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT on the people of the United States in order to save himself.

He proves himself a traitor once again.

They really look like they have their act together.

On 7/5/2018 at 10:37 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If Trump is going to take us to war, I'd wager he's going to do it in this Hemisphere.

The whole "Spheres of Influence" thing is what I base this speculation. 

This is the doctrine I see the Trump Administration leaning towards.

Russia has their sphere (Crimea, Eastern Europe).

China has their sphere (Indo China, South China Seas). 

America has their sphere (The Americas).  

IMO it's a terrible shift away from what we've been doing.

Is this when he gets to wear a military uniform? I think that’s The missing piece in Bill Maher’s list of Trump finally being a dictator?

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Somebody compared the Q folks to the Tea Party movement.

Not even close.  Q folks buy into all kinds of conspiracies, and I'm not just talking about Pizzagate/Seth Rich/Deep State/etc.  We are talking Alex Jones/Crisis Actors/Parkland was fake, Sandy Hook faked, chemtrails, etc.

I have in-laws into the Q stuff, and it's a rabbit hole you really don't want to deep-dive on.  

Q is another in a long line of symptoms that arise from our access to unlimited information.

While as a whole access to information is a huge benefit, the problem arises when people aren't educated or intelligent enough to sift through information and be discerning consumers. As we all know, language can be powerful, and these people are no different than the rubes who used to fall for the charms of every snake oil salesman who rode through town on horseback to separate fools from their money.

I think there's also a subset of those people who are well educated and intelligent, and they just willfully choose to live in an escapist fantasy world where pizza places molest children and all of the leadership of the world is conspiring against them. Makes it easy to justify or rationalize being a worthless lazy slob, because you have no chance anyway, dontchaknow.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

No doubt it would create problems.  My point is more that Trump's demand to Sessions today is not without actual force, legally.  He's asked the AG to stop an investigation that the AG has the legal power to stop.   While Sessions is going to tell him to get fucked, it looks like an attempt at obstruction to me, at least for purposes of impeachment. 

Didn't his camp parse words with the direction to let Flynn go, asserting that saying "I hope" was not an official order?  I imagine they'll do the same thing with "should", as in it's not a clear direction to put an end to an investigation, just a harmless suggestion.  Which of course is ridiculous, but will be good enough for his cult.

3 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Q is another in a long line of symptoms that arise from our access to unlimited information.

While as a whole access to information is a huge benefit, the problem arises when people aren't educated or intelligent enough to sift through information and be discerning consumers. As we all know, language can be powerful, and these people are no different than the rubes who used to fall for the charms of every snake oil salesman who rode through town on horseback to separate fools from their money.

I think there's also a subset of those people who are well educated and intelligent, and they just willfully choose to live in an escapist fantasy world where pizza places molest children and all of the leadership of the world is conspiring against them. Makes it easy to justify or rationalize being a worthless lazy slob, because you have no chance anyway, dontchaknow.

Agree with all of this and I was also thinking last night, this is how humans are wired for some reason.  When they perceive something is out of their control, they latch onto anything that helps them rationalize their feelings.  Look at religion.  This is just another cult, but we put their "leader" in power.  

• Like 2

Correct but Trump is demonstrating his intent to shut down the Mueller investigation in this tweet and it’s a borderline directive.
like, “I hope you can let this Flynn thing go.”
Trump doesn’t have to actually obstruct justice to have criminal liability.  It just needs to be proven he tried to obstruct justice with corrupt intent.  
I think I could convince a jury he is trying to do both with this tweet.

Seems circular.

If he tries to get it shut down and he didn’t do anything criminal, then there’s no corrupt intent. But how do you know if he did anything criminal if you don’t let the investigation continue? Unless of course Mueller already has findings that could be brought forward.

Well, keep in mind that if the jury is an accurate sample of the population,  4 of them believe that Donald Trump is fighting against child trafficking rings run by Barack Obama.  So don't overestimate your ability to convince them of anything.

And 4 of them think they are stopping Hitler. God that would be a nightmare jury to serve on.

9 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

And 4 of them think they are stopping Hitler. God that would be a nightmare jury to serve on.

Are you Trump isn't a nascent Hitler? Because I would bet a substantially sum of money that he will prove you wrong, or at least try to (assuming he hasn't done so already).   

So he's totally going to pardon Manafort, right?
Also, remember back when elected officials refrained from commenting on ongoing trials to avoid the appearance of interfering?

Well yeah but only for the previous 240 years, it’s not like it’s THAT much of a precedent.

The socio-political part of the Internet is the worst. But every time I think it’s going to spell the end of the Republic I get off the Internet and go talk to actual people. Have you ever had a conversation with a real person that sounded just like a Twitter fight? I have not. Even in my ugliest encounters.

I think that text-and-pictures communication (the Internet) dehumanizes us and removes the nuance. Hence the quagmire that is Twitter and various message boards (including this one).

Imagine if we all had to go down to the pub to discuss these things. I think I’d like that world.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Seems circular.

If he tries to get it shut down and he didn’t do anything criminal, then there’s no corrupt intent. But how do you know if he did anything criminal if you don’t let the investigation continue? Unless of course Mueller already has findings that could be brought forward.

People try to obstruct justice because sometimes it works! 

You’d have to have your head in the sand to think Mueller doesn’t have criminal charges that could be brought against Trump and his family.

If Trump wanted to get away with obstructing justice, he should have fired Mueller a year ago.

9 hours ago, bolverk said:

Yes. They're a group of folk who believe the letter Q is full of mysterious powers, because - where they're from - it's rarely used for store signage. All around them they only see downhome places named shit like Kwick Koffee Kafe.

q-whatjpg.jpeg?auto=format,compress&w=55

I think the Trumpkins watched too much Star Trek Next Generation.

• Like 2

People try to obstruct justice because sometimes it works! 
You’d have to have your head in the sand to think Mueller doesn’t have criminal charges that could be brought against Trump and his family.
If Trump wanted to get away with obstructing justice, he should have fired Mueller a year ago.

Where did I say that? I think you are assuming some things about me.

4 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Where did I say that? I think you are assuming some things about me.

I not making any assumptions but your sentence below presupposes there is a good chance Mueller has nothing on Trump.

The opposite is much more likely to be true.

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Unless of course Mueller already has findings that could be brought forward.

26 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

If he tries to get it shut down and he didn’t do anything criminal, then there’s no corrupt intent.

This is not true.  You can be guilty of obstructing justice without being guilty of a crime, or even of there being a crime committed.  If I walk into my house, see my sister-in-law dead on the ground, my wife's gun laying next to her, I might suspect my wife murdered her.  If I throw the gun in the river, I'm obstructing justice, even though I didn't commit a crime. If it turns out my sister-in-law killed herself while cleaning the gun, I still obstructed justice. 

18 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It’s pretty obvious at this point that trump is aware that Mueller has unmasked the financial crimes of the Trump Org.

sometimes unmasking doesn't take all that much effort.

RSB15765.jpg?v=1498843516

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Okay I’ll bite on this obvious troll.

Why?

finances by nature are very hidden and difficult to uncover and unravel. The Russian info has been public info for a long time.  Getting to Trumps money will hurt his feelings much more than political chicanery. It's very personal to him, a rectal exam compared to checking one's blood pressure. He's going to fight that much harder IMO. 

There would be an obvious difference between Clinton's people trying to reveal Trump's financial bedfellows in Russia, and Trump's people conspiring with agents of the Russian government to reveal dirt on Clinton.

Trump keeps going back to this message, which makes me think that these bumblefucks didn't think they were doing anything wrong until the cake was already baked. And that's why it's been scramble and deflect mode non-stop ever since.

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Smocking gun!!!!

This q was posed in the Washington post?  I can see the DOTUS asking such a stupid question but I’m surprised the legitimate journalist want.  Here’s the answer. Hillary got information the Russians wanted to stay hidden.   Trump got information the Russians wanted to use to their advantage.  How idiotic. 

45 minutes ago, TornACL said:

The internet makes it easier to access. The crazy stuff has always been out there but it's just a lot more accessible now.

I accidently walked into a John Birch Society bookstore back in the mid 90's. I thought it was just a small used book store but it was Bircher place. All of the books were the kind of thing you find on 4chan these days. I distinctly remember picking up a book about Lincoln being part of the illuminati and thinking WTF is this place. Bizarre shit, the people inside were odd balls too. There was also a book explaining that Post foods was promoting pedophilia because Fruity Pebbles (Pebbles Flintstone) was so desirable to Fred, Barney and Dino. This was Pizzagate level conspiracy theory prior to the advent of the Web.

Anyways, its always been around, it's just easier to find now. Same with the sex stuff too.

4 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Same dumb faces, smug in their belief that they and only they know what's really going on. 

AP_Jade_Helm_15_ml_150508_12x5_992.jpg

• Like 1