Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I just have to say that I enjoy that internet memes are making their way into political speeches.

During the next wave of presidential debates I want a candidate to say "We are standing and there is a close up of our clenched fist!"

13 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I just have to say that I enjoy that internet memes are making their way into political speeches.

During the next wave of presidential debates I want a candidate to say "We are standing and there is a close up of our clenched fist!"

Bernie is going to call something "lit"

Booker will do the Lebron arms outstretched at something Garcetti says

Warren will be like "one does not simply run for president and beat Donald Trump"

Harris will be like "my mama said Bernie's tax policy won't work"

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Richard Burr didn't vote on the measure to add more election security funding.  It failed to hit 60 votes and therefore didn't pass.

Less talking, more action, jerkass.

Maybe this is just the natural optimist in me talking, but competitive republican primaries will be done by the end of August. After that there is no excuse for the republicans to keep excusing what our president is doing. Not that there should be any excuse anyway. 

I’m expecting the most interesting September since either the fall of the twin towers in 2001 or the economic crash of 2008. Take your pick.  Funny how that always seems to coincide with Wall Street and Washington coming back from vacation in the Hamptons or the vineyard and the like. 

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I just want his financial exposed.  That will take him to rock bottom.

Even if he is impeached or found guilty I feel like this has to happen just to try to calm the Trumpkins that will go ballistic as a result. Half of them still won't believe it, luckily most of them live on the other corner of the country from me. 

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Double it.  Triple it.  Make him as miserable as possible....then make him MORE miserable.  He deserves nothing less.

He and his henchman should be stripped naked and locked in an iron cage. The cage should be tied to the deck of ship for a slow cruise into the cold North Atlantic. Somewhere where the water is deep and dark, the cage should be shoved off the deck. A few screams and protests and then forever gone. Let their last throes be unwatched and unlamented. Down down down down forever.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Even if he is impeached or found guilty I feel like this has to happen just to try to calm the Trumpkins that will go ballistic as a result. Half of them still won't believe it, luckily most of them live on the other corner of the country from me. 

Yeah, we'll I'm surrounded by them out here in the Permian Basin. It's not a pretty thing and it will get really ugly if this goes where I think it's going to go.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He and his henchman should be stripped naked and locked in an iron cage. The cage should be tied to the deck of ship for a slow cruise into the cold North Atlantic. Somewhere where the water is deep and dark, the cage should be shoved off the deck. A few screams and protests and then forever gone. Let their last throes be unwatched and unlamented. Down down down down forever.

Well, that's a little specific.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MidTexHorn said:

Yeah, we'll I'm surrounded by them out here in the Permian Basin. It's not a pretty thing and it will get really ugly if this goes where I think it's going to go.

That's why he doesn't need to just be defeated.  He needs to be destroyed.  He needs to be ground into dust, pissed on, then washed down the gutter.  It's a cult of personality.  So destroy the personality, and you destroy the cult.  Sure, there will be rage and even violence the moment he goes down in flames....but without the personality to stoke the fire, it will all fade, and quickly.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

They’ll bitch and moan but then get over it because even the Trumpiest among them are making $90,000 for being a roughneck.  Now, the dudes in the Midwest who were counting on the coal mines and steel mills coming back, and the dudes in the Deep South who do ... whatever someone outside of Atlanta who doesn’t have old money does in the Deep South ... they’re going to be fucked up.

Pick cotton?

No?

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That's why he doesn't need to just be defeated.  He needs to be destroyed.  He needs to be ground into dust, pissed on, then washed down the gutter.  It's a cult of personality.  So destroy the personality, and you destroy the cult.  Sure, there will be rage and even violence the moment he goes down in flames....but without the personality to stoke the fire, it will all fade, and quickly.

I'm with ya man. He needs to go down bigly. The Trumpkins will never be fine with it, but over time they'll lose a lot of steam. The rest of the country needs to be absolutely and utterly convinced that he and his henchmen are crooks and deserved to be run out of town on a rail.

Yes.
Attack him.  Humiliate him.  Taunt him.  Mock him.  RELENTLESSLY.  His ego is his strength, and his weakness.  Attack it without mercy or pause.  He has tiny hands, a little dick, and no money.  He's a functional retard.  The only way he can get pussy is to buy it, which means he's never been with a woman who isn't a whore.  He has the mind of a child.  He eats like a brat.  He cheats at golf because he fucking sucks at it.  Everyone in the world has made him their bitch.  Everyone in the world laughs at him. 

Can we make this a hashtag and get it trending?

42 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Something we easily fail to see in all this is how powerful Trump would remain even if he’s not president.  

He’s a legit political cult leader now with significant influence on a quarter of our population.  He would still do rallies, back candidates, and have sway over the Republican Party.

Just because he’s removed doesn’t make him go away.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Something we easily fail to see in all this is how powerful Trump would remain even if he’s not president.  

He’s a legit political cult leader now with significant influence on a quarter of our population.  He would still do rallies, back candidates, and have sway over the Republican Party.

Yes, that's why I like the iron cage in the Atlantic idea.  Or at least prison.

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I am hopeful that Trump keeps up his tweet storm through the 2022 midterms and perhaps tries to run in 2024. That is assuming he gets pardoned.

5 minutes ago, RayDog said:

I am hopeful that Trump keeps up his tweet storm through the 2022 midterms and perhaps tries to run in 2024. That is assuming he gets pardoned.

Not me, he’s a weapon of really bad shit and his kids are sure to follow in his footsteps.  Deport the whole bunch to Siberia I say.

49 minutes ago, MidTexHorn said:

I'm with ya man. He needs to go down bigly. The Trumpkins will never be fine with it, but over time they'll lose a lot of steam. The rest of the country needs to be absolutely and utterly convinced that he and his henchmen are crooks and deserved to be run out of town on a rail.

Over time?  The trumpkins are the laziest/softest pieces of shit this country has ever known. They’ll be upset for about 30 seconds before trying to climb in their dryer to catch a nap.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Over time?  The trumpkins are the laziest/softest pieces of shit this country has ever known. They’ll be upset for about 30 seconds before trying to climb in their dryer to catch a nap.  

This. Those losers aint gonna do shit. If trump is counting on his current base of white trash olds it aint gonna get him anywhere. He’s already pissing off the rest of the republicans like the Koch crowd with his trade wars and stupid ass policies. They tolerated him to get their tax cut and now that’s done, they are at war with each other.

The only danger would be is if Trump and trumpkins were to somehow persuade the young to take up their bullshit cause. So far that hasn’t happened. In fact quite the opposite. But that’s the danger. 

Good leaders react to a crisis swiftly and honestly. Bad leaders blameshift, like, cover, and lawyer up.

Terrible leaders pretend there is no crisis, lie to their stakeholders, the press, and the public. They are frequently shocked how bad it really looks from the outside.

The current crisis will test three groups of leaders. First, Trump and his WH. He wants to destroy Mueller desperately, passionately, and instantly. His staff, such as they are, are simply among for the ride, oblivious to their historical and legal liabity

They have eyes on the crisis, and know that the CEO of this particular operation is out of his goddamn mind. But not one of them will quit. Not one of them will speak out on the record. Not one of them will stand up no matter how dangerous the path Trump puts them on.

Obviously, the coming moment will test the Republican Congress hardest. They will display both but the terrible kinds of leadership. They will pretend they had nothing to do with it, it never happened, they're mere particles in a dance of chaotic forces beyond their control.

The thick, grunting Trumphadis and the Dunning-Kruger test case wannabe players in the great game will pretend the laws don't matter,  Fox News can fix it, and that if only we got Hillary's emails we find the real killetd. Same show, different day.

I will remind them for the hundredth time that in 1973 Nixon's fans or exactly where they were. Stubborn, confident, screeching about fake news and liberal media conspiracies. In November of 1974 57 of them, 49 in the house and 8 in the Senate were out of a job.

There's a difference between now and then, however. The difference is Nixon did not have a cadre of Republicans in the house aggressively seeking to obstruct justice, and to end the Watergate probe.

Sadly, Paul Ryan will go down in history as a Speaker who presided over the utter collapse of a Republican caucus and even when the crisis Peaks and Trump starts firing people he will do nothing. He will sit, passive and terrified.

The next group is crisis will test is the Democrats. can they keep your eye on the ball? Can they actually work a problem? can they get through an election season without squandering the opportunity of the century? Or will they run down dumb issue rabbit holes?

can they pretend for once not to be like a cat chasing a laser pointer?

Can they get on, and stay on a unified message, for once?

Finally, the media is going to be tested like never before. Donald Trump is a weaponized distraction machine, and the more desperate he becomes the more absurd and dangerous the distractions will be. The media saw very clearly...

... in two major recent stories that Donald Trump is not immune when you focus. On both child separations and Helsinki, Trump completely lost control of the media narrative and for just a moment Americans opened their eyes again.

/Rick Wilson

Agree with pretty much all of it except the part about the Democrats needing a unified message.  They don’t need a central target for the Republicans to attack.  They need to stick to the issues important to their constituents in their districts. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

791d714a-00cb-4baf-b3e8-8c27c834449e_tex

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
1 hour ago, RayDog said:

Wat?

The Republican party deserves to have Trump as irs leader for another 6 years.

Personally I’m kind of glad that both Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell will go down in history as spineless weasels who destroyed their own party because, well, they were spineless weasels in the face of obvious tyranny and they deserve it.  

I don’t think they should be tarred and feathered as a result, but if they were, I wouldn’t lose a whole lot of sleep about it. 

27 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Personally I’m kind of glad that both Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell will go down in history as spineless weasels who destroyed their own party because, well, they were spineless weasels in the face of obvious tyranny and they deserve it.  

I don’t think they should be tarred and feathered as a result, but if they were, I wouldn’t lose a whole lot of sleep about it. 

Considering they knew about Russia’s interference and intervened to prevent Obama from notifying the public about it, I think they’d be getting off light if getting tarred and feathered was the worst thing to happen to them. They should be sent off on an ice floe along with Trump and his dipshit children (minus Tiffany and Barron).

Edited by wildcat09
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

They should absolutely tarred and feathered.  Trump is a demented, mentally ill old man with an IQ lower than my cat's.  Which isn't to excuse him. He's a horrible, racist, sexist, cruel, retched excuse of a human being.  But the invertebrates who enabled his rise need to be shamed and shunned.  McConnell, Ryan, Trump's cabinet, they all need to be cast out of American society.  They're responsible for this. 

• Like 1

I'm finding myself torn these days.  I generally consider myself left of center, but think that a centrist government, or at least president, is probably the way to go.  However, I am also leaning towards the Maher opinion that Dems need to stop trying to be civil and play in the same dirty bullshit sandbox that the right does.  Lies, fuck it.  Don't matter.  Whatever it takes to win.  My moral compass says this is wrong, but in the face of this complete nonsense we are facing with trumpism, I don't know if there is any other choice.  

Am I wrong or just an asshole?  Or both?

Waltershocked.png

• Like 2