Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Trumps, oppo research vs collusion comparison is so fucking stupid.

Lets see, hire someone to dig into a candidates background.  Something done by every campaign.

Conspiring with a hostile foreign government, who commits felonies to illegally obtain and hack a US citizen.  Nobody but Trump does.

its like saying me borrowing money from the bank is the exact same thing as me robbing the bank, since in the end I ended up with the banks money.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Message Board User said:

They all look like the recently discovered those shitty conspiracy videos on youtube and no one bothered to tell them theyre fake.  

5 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

They all look like the recently discovered those shitty conspiracy videos on youtube and no one bothered to tell them theyre fake.  

Probably a combined seventh grade education between the lot of them.

Edited by TornACL

Lets see, hire someone to dig into a candidates background.  Something done by every campaign.
Conspiring with a hostile foreign government, who commits felonies to illegally obtain and hack a US citizen.  Nobody but Trump does.
its like saying me borrowing money from the bank is the exact same thing as me robbing the bank, since in the end I ended up with the banks money.

None of these people can get bank loans, you gotta get a shittier analogy

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Really never thought I’d see a “but Al Capone!” from the President of the United States, but there it is.

Alfonse Capone not just Al Capone and I'm pretty sure he misspelled Alphonse.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Especially if your argument evolves as....

1) I never robbed that bank. I have never been to that bank.
2) Ok yes I did go to that bank but I never robbed it.
3) No one robbed the bank.
4) Someone robbed the bank, but it wasn't us it was our opponent
5) What's so wrong about robbing banks anyway? We didn't do it, but our opponents did, so lock them up.
6) ?????
7) Prison.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

And lolz at him quoting someone from the unfair to him Amazon Washington Post. I thought they were just out to get him?

A little Wikipedia on the author:

Thiessen has worked in Washington, D.C., for many years, starting with five years at Lobbying firm Black, Manafort, Stone and Kelly.

He joined the George W. Bush administration as Chief Speechwriter for Donald Rumsfeld in 2001, then moved to Bush's speechwriting team in 2004.[3] In February 2008, he became chief speechwriter when William McGurn resigned.

Thiessen penned a column in The Washington Post titled "Why is Obama skipping more than half of his daily intelligence meetings?",[9] which yielded a flood of media coverage and an attack ad from American Crossroads.[citation needed]

Two weeks later, a correspondent at The Washington Post fact-checked the charge that Obama skipped more than half of his daily briefings and assigned it "Three Pinocchios".

Thiessen's first book, Courting Disaster: How the CIA Kept America Safe and How Barack Obama Is Inviting the Next Attack (ISBN 1596986034), was published by Regnery Publishing in January 2010. In the book he argued that the enhanced interrogation techniques used by the CIA, which the Obama administration has characterized as torture,[12] are not torture by any reasonable legal or moral standard and "were not only effective, but lawful and morally just".

Thiessen lives in Alexandria, Virginia with his wife Pamela, who is currently the Staff Director of the Senate Republican Policy Committee

The fact WaPo gives this guy print space is a testament to how far they'll go to get a counterpoint.

5 minutes ago, Tuco said:

A little Wikipedia on the author:

The fact WaPo gives this guy print space is a testament to how far they'll go to get a counterpoint.

Good info.  I found that little rhetorical so far beneath them. ( of course I never actually read the article. I just saw trumps tweet )

12 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

They have made it very clear that his tweets are official White House communications.  How is this not obstruction of justice?

He's normalizing obstruction.

The Reagan dog whistle from another tweet is pretty funny. Does Hannity still use this too?

Edited by retread

12 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:
They have made it very clear that his tweets are official White House communications.  How is this not obstruction of justice?

It is.  It doesn't even matter if the tweet is official communication.  He is telling his subordinate to fire the person investigating him.  It doesn't matter if he tells Sessions that in a tweet, official press release, over drinks at Mar-a-Lago.    He's just doing Mueller and all of us the favor of obstructing justice in public with billions of witnesses.

Of course, it doesn't matter, and Congress won't do jack shit.

5 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

It is.  It doesn't even matter if the tweet is official communication.  He is telling his subordinate to fire the person investigating him.  It doesn't matter if he tells Sessions that in a tweet, official press release, over drinks at Mar-a-Lago.    He's just doing Mueller and all of us the favor of obstructing justice in public with billions of witnesses.

Of course, it doesn't matter, and Congress won't do jack shit.

Please they already have their excuse:

He is not TELLING them, he is SUGGESTING it.  And POTUS is allowed to have his feelings about things. They're harping on his use of the word "should" to mean he is expressing his personal opinion, not directing an order.

Mueller don't care though.

I won’t bother to recount the evolution of who hired Steele and why, but in NO WAY can it be characterized as working with “Russians.”  It’s the opposite of the truth, and it’s fucking stupid.

Would be like if you hired Red Adair to do a fucking task and I said, “Oh, you’re colluding with oil well fires?”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Please they already have their excuse:

He is not TELLING them, he is SUGGESTING it.  And POTUS is allowed to have his feelings about things. They're harping on his use of the word "should" to mean he is expressing his personal opinion, not directing an order.

Mueller don't care though.

The mental gymnastics are amazing.  My boss told me he would like for me to come to work at time.  He would also like for me to go to the section meeting tomorrow.  Oh and I should finish the project I'm working on by Friday.   But, he's just expressing his personal opinions.  I can show up to work at 3 p.m. and nothing will happen.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

The mental gymnastics are amazing.  My boss told me he would like for me to come to work at time.  He would also like for me to go to the section meeting tomorrow.  Oh and I should finish the project I'm working on by Friday.   But, he's just expressing his personal opinions.  I can show up to work at 3 p.m. and nothing will happen.

Same with the mafia boss who tells his enforcer, "I don't want to see that rat bastard around here no more."  I wasn't ordering his murder, it was just my preference not to see him! 

13 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Same with the mafia boss who tells his enforcer, "I don't want to see that rat bastard around here no more."  I wasn't ordering his murder, it was just my preference not to see him! 

No, no, no. I didnt want you to kill him. I just thought it would be nice if you took him down to the aquarium to see the fishes.

3 hours ago, TornACL said:

Q is another in a long line of symptoms that arise from our access to unlimited information.

While as a whole access to information is a huge benefit, the problem arises when people aren't educated or intelligent enough to sift through information and be discerning consumers. As we all know, language can be powerful, and these people are no different than the rubes who used to fall for the charms of every snake oil salesman who rode through town on horseback to separate fools from their money.

I think there's also a subset of those people who are well educated and intelligent, and they just willfully choose to live in an escapist fantasy world where pizza places molest children and all of the leadership of the world is conspiring against them. Makes it easy to justify or rationalize being a worthless lazy slob, because you have no chance anyway, dontchaknow.

What's changed though, is these types have access to the mainstream media (witness Trump's rally last night), and they aren't being given a chance to sift through the information, because it's being thrown at them at a fast pace.

Also, this whole thing is being used to not only actively defend Trump and his actions, but also to justify future actions.

I've never seen a conspiracy theory operating at that level, and with the tacit approval of those who have had access to Trump in the past.  With that amount of information, and with it being targeted at certain segments of society, the potential for successful manipulation is extremely high, which is why I have my suspicions about who is behind it.

With the Tea Party movement, you could ultimately follow the trails of the leaders and the money and determine who it is.  You can't do that here.  This is operating on a completely different level of batshitness.

Edited by atomheartbevo

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

What's changed though, is these types have access to the mainstream media (witness Trump's rally last night), and they aren't being given a chance to sift through the information, because it's being thrown at them at a large pace.

Also, this whole Q thing is being used to not only actively defend Trump and his actions, but also to justify future actions.

I've never seen a conspiracy theory operating at that level.  With that amount of information, and with it being targeted at certain segments of society, the potential for successful manipulation is extremely high, which is why I have my suspicions about who is behind it.

With the Tea Party movement, you could ultimately follow the trails of the leaders and the money and determine who it is.  You can't do that here.  This is operating on a completely different level of batshitness.

That's like signing the paperwork at the car dealership because the salesman talks really fast and you can't really keep up but what bits and pieces you heard sound real good and stuff.

5 minutes ago, TornACL said:

That's like signing the paperwork at the car dealership because the salesman talks really fast and you can't really keep up but what bits and pieces you heard sound real good and stuff.

And they do that too.  "How did you get my monthly payment so low?  Please add the DVD player!!!"

31 minutes ago, TornACL said:

“He’s talking so fast, this car must have the most features of any car ever produced.  Golly gee, he is out of breathe because there’s so many features for him to describe. I better hop on this train, because if it was a shitty car, there’s no way it would hav this many features!”  ”Holy shit, I just saw a bunch of people at a Trump rally wearing t-shirts with the logo of that car, it’s definitely legit!”

Alex Jones must be kicking himself.  Sure, he got an interview with Trump, but he hasn’t had a recent Trump rally where fans are wearing InfoWars T-shirt’s. 

28 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

my suspicions about who is behind it.

This is the defining characteristic of black propaganda.  Not being able to determine where the misinformation is coming from.

And you’re right, Qanon is on a whole new level of conspiracy theories (active measures) for a few reasons.

1.  It’s a constantly moving and mutating target because of the bombardment of information and interpretation. It’s ever evolving and moving the perception of the audiences.  

2. It started with an already well established infrastructure to propagate through. The target audiences at 4chan, Reddit, R/donald, texAgs, tigerdroppings, and countless other Internet forums were fully prepared to embrace the Qanon shit with open arms.  These platforms have been conditioned over the years with enough crazy Hillary conspiracy theories to entertain the absurdity of Qanon.

3. Unknown end game.  Back in November the following was speculated as the where Q was going.  It was called #FollowTheWhiteRabbit back then.

The motives behind #FollowTheWhiteRabbit are ambiguous - here are some possibilities. . . 

(1) Raise the hopes of Cult 45 that they're witnessing something HUGE and then crushing them 
(2) Groom the masses to accept/support/not protest unconstitutional actions against "establishment" authorities 
(3) Groom the masses to embrace violence against their presumed enemies 
(4) Sow seeds of confusion/discord and stress/distress within the masses to distract them from or slow their response to actual major event(s) 
(5) Clickbait campaign to build followers for propaganda "news" sites 
(6) Massive prank? 
(7) Other?

It was a much smaller movement eight months ago and that’s the big difference about Qanon.  It’s a growing thing with staying power.

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This should be the response to all of them every single day.

Despite the numerous "Russia has and continues to interfere" statements from Senate Republicans, all but 1 voted against the measure (Corker - FOR).  Flake, McCain and Burr all didn't vote.  It failed 50-47 (needed 60).

Cowboy John went on TV a month ago and said Russia did and continues to meddle in our election. He voted no. Jerkass.

Hey burr -- "WE as a society" aren't sitting in a room on fire, sipping coffee.  YOU ARE.  YOU, the captains of the nutless gutless Congress.  This is all on you.  All of it.  You have the power to address the problem -- here's a shocking suggestion.  BORROW A PAIR OF TESTICLES, THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE PROBLEM.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Despite the numerous "Russia has and continues to interfere" statements from Senate Republicans, all but 1 voted against the measure (Corker - FOR).  Flake, McCain and Burr all didn't vote.  It failed 50-47 (needed 60).

Cowboy John went on TV a month ago and said Russia did and continues to meddle in our election. He voted no. Jerkass.

I get the outrage but there are some potential issues with just giving the states money to fix their shit.  

For instance, are there strings attached?  

I haven’t read the fine details of the bill, therefore I’m not jumping to conclusions.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Hey burr -- "WE as a society" aren't sitting in a room on fire, sipping coffee.  YOU ARE.  YOU, the captains of the nutless gutless Congress.  This is all on you.  All of it.  You have the power to address the problem -- here's a shocking suggestion.  BORROW A PAIR OF TESTICLES, THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE PROBLEM.

Oh I like that. 2018 - vote out of the nutless, gutless Republican Congress.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Coherent, articulate.  

I miss having a POTUS like that. 

Even as a Republican, the only reason I really ever hated Obama was when he'd fly back to Chicago and motherfuck the hell out of my commute home.  I miss not genuinely hating our fucking President every god damned day.  Lock this fat shitbag up already.  Or at least turn up the heat and let him go the way of JoePa...

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Even as a Republican, the only reason I really ever hated Obama was when he'd fly back to Chicago and motherfuck the hell out of my commute home.  I miss not genuinely hating our fucking President every god damned day.  Lock this fat shitbag up already.  Or at least turn up the heat and let him go the way of JoePa...

Just think how enraging it is when Dotus flies in to the airport two blocks from my office at rush hour on a Friday so he can golf.