Minneapolis is Burning

F250

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

Unless you are a 1%, why would you wish to continue with a system rife with systemic racism and failure to function properly? Dipshits who support Trump who aren't wealthy fuck themselves when these thieves work to not only keep what they have but take what you have too. Because they can and because there is never enough. Militarized Police is one of the tools that they wield against us all. If your skin isn't black then you aren't among the first of the citizens abused, but if the elite decide immigrants or Hispanics are next then what is to stop them? Oh wait, that already happened. Anything that might disrupt their power is what they will attack. 

Keeping us in different camps and against each other is also a tactic. We should see that whether we are conservative or liberal, having militarized police who operate with impunity is wrong and a danger to our republic. We all should want to fix that and kick out those who sold themselves to protecting the corrupted system. We can have true differences in how to design policy or philosophical differences but right now our house is burning and we need to come together to put out the fire and try to save the house. 

There are plenty of people that either think that “others” are Holding them back from long term success or they’re stuck on the unattainable goal of fairness.  They see affirmative action when in the exact moment, someone else may get an extra benefit. However they don’t want or care to think about systematic benefits they’re received over a lifetime or via a previous generation.

instead they fall back on the reply that they personally have not be involved in racist actions so can’t we put this behind us.

• Like 1

I dunno what kind of coverage I want to see right now, but another Cuomo press conference ain't it. 
I don't like his voice and that he sits through these. Are you FDR? Do you have polio? Stand up when you're making a speech, son.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

For me, maybe the most alarming element of government/police action is the orderliness with which Floyd was murdered, reporters arrested, citizens maced, and citizens fired upon while on their own front porch. These are not mistakes made in haste or under threat. These actions are carried out calmly. The cop murdering Floyd is having a good time and seems very much to be persisting in his tormenting of Floyd to defy and enrage the citizens pleading with him to stop.

That's raw fascism. Anybody trying rationalize a way to defend the action of the cop or generally condemn the reaction throughout the country are, indeed, party to the rise of fascism. This is not hyperbole. It should be hyperbole; I wish it were hyperbole, but it's not.

Wow that place sounds really bad. They need new leadership. Who’s in charge there?

Man, someone should vote that police union guy out of office. Oh, that's right. Whenever the public or politicians want to discuss police reform, they are met with bullshit like "it's just a few bad apples" and "BACK THE BLUE". All of which are attempts to quell any legitimate discussion on how to make things better. Again, Obama was the worst thing ever because he took an actual critical approach to policing versus "well, I back the blue". 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Your last paragraph should inform the idea that the entirety of the first part is nonsense. I will be here in November to point and laugh at all of you who think an election result is going to lead to the edge of civil war.  It won’t. And it says more about you than the people you are taking about. 

And if I’m wrong then it says I’m the biggest naive gullible fool in America. But I’d rather give myself an infinitesimally small chance of being that than contour up absurdist scenarios where my fellow friends and neighbors revolt and storm the castle trying to create an autocratic

dictatorship when their guy loses. 

I don't think we're going to have a civil war but I'm certainly not going to blame people if they think the people who stormed government buildings over being able to get a haircut might react violently if their orange shitgibbon god doesn't win.  Weren't you the one talking about how "principled conservatives" would keep Trump in line over on the old site?  

That....is fantastic. Seriously. We often speak grandly about how sport transcends, sport speaks to what makes us all better, etc. To that, I say “exactly.” And so does Kap. He gets more right every day. He is on the right side of history.

Chef’s kiss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That....is FANTASTIC. And y’all note, that is a leading voice of “rough em up” conservatism espousing these principles. Sure, he was speaking of the Iraqi people at the fall of THEIR repressive regime...but goose and gander and all that.

I don't think we're going to have a civil war but I'm certainly not going to blame people if they think the people who stormed government buildings over being able to get a haircut might react violently if their orange shitgibbon god doesn't win.  Weren't you the one talking about how "principled conservatives" would keep Trump in line over on the old site?  

“Principled conservatives.”

Thanks, I needed a chuckle today.
  • Like 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have abandoned and scorned the world....but they haven’t abandoned us. It may not seem like much, but it matters.

Also...this is growing and spreading. The Arab Spring started with a single Tunisian vendor. What this will be called, we don’t yet know. But we know it has begun.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We have abandoned and scorned the world....but they haven’t abandoned us. It may not seem like much, but it matters.

Also...this is growing and spreading. The Arab Spring started with a single Tunisian vendor. What this will be called, we don’t yet know. But we know it has begun.

Dumb Civil War

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Even after all of our decades of wars, CIA ops, and Team America fuckery, we are in such bad shape that the world pities us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That people who JUSTIFIABLY feel that way haven’t burned all of our cities to the ground is a miracle, a testament to restraint....and maddening that we still refuse to listen, and to CHANGE.

Yes.

The history of racial violence in America is a story of black people's astonishing capacity for restraint and patience.

• Like 8