Minneapolis is Burning

F250

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Anybody who would utter the name Obama right now is suspect. Especially in regard to a police force that has been infiltrated by stone cold racists. Obama bent over backward to appease everyone and bring everyone together. He was naive in that regard b/c at the end of the day the color of his skin is what caused all the division. I swear to God, this country is going to fall if decent white people like yourself don't start calling a spade a spade.

It was in response to a post about the positive steps Obama took. God forbid someone point out an area they feel he could have improved. We should all remember how perfect he was just like Trumps followers will remember what a fucking champion he has been. That’s how progress is made, complete nose-up-the-ass followership. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Chief Hall needs to go. She fucking sucks. She signed off on the tear gas order. There is no doubt there were outside elements that came in and started shit but DPD went in with an aggressive mindset. 

I gave her shit for yesterday. I'll give her props today. She's out with the protesters today who are peacefully marching.

10 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Marla, you are an attorney.  You should know that passing a counterfeit 20 is not forgery.  At worst, it's "uttering a false instrument," and it requires knowledge that it's a false instrument.  

I can't believe this guy got killed over a fake 20.  I have had cashiers mark 20s I gave them countless times and I'm pretty sure the worst thing that would have happened is they take it and say "that's no good, got another one"?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Anybody who would utter the name Obama right now is suspect. Especially in regard to a police force that has been infiltrated by stone cold racists. Obama bent over backward to appease everyone and bring everyone together. He was naive in that regard b/c at the end of the day the color of his skin is what caused all the division. I swear to God, this country is going to fall if decent white people like yourself don't start calling a spade a spade.

@Casual Encounter supports Trump as equally as he did Obama.

Think about the level of shitfuckery it would take to type that up and actually pretend you believe it.

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

4 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

It was in response to a post about the positive steps Obama took. God forbid someone point out an area they feel he could have improved. We should all remember how perfect he was just like Trumps followers will remember what a fucking champion he has been. That’s how progress is made, complete nose-up-the-ass followership. 

The area you pointed out was total bullshit as was pointed out to you, which you conveniently ignored.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Marla, you are an attorney.  You should know that passing a counterfeit 20 is not forgery.  At worst, it's "uttering a false instrument," and it requires knowledge that it's a false instrument.  

I can't believe this guy got killed over a fake 20.  I have had cashiers mark 20s I gave them countless times and I'm pretty sure the worst thing that would have happened is they take it and say "that's no good, got another one"?

But there it is. The line we usually get when a black man dies at the hands of the police. But he was committing forgery so therefore if he died, no big deal. At least we're finally not getting that shit from a multitude of people. At least not publicly. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

He could have done it and it would not made a difference you doofus. He could have given each police officer in this country $100k minimum salary and an army tank and it would not have made a lick of difference b/c of the inherent racism in those ranks and the way the Right was painting Obama at the time. Did you forget about the beer summit. Dude had that spectacle despite the officer being in the wrong just to appease LEO and their worshipers. Didn't make a lick of difference. 

073009-Gates-Crowley-Obama-Beer-Summit-C

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Xian said:

Police unions need to go.
that’s the most direct way put an end to this. Once the union is gone it will be easier to root out the racist authoritarian cops. 

Every police union rep is an asshat. Just look at the one in Houston.

This seems like a reasonable step. They need more accountability. It’s similar to how shitty teachers can’t get fired. 

9 minutes ago, Xian said:

Police unions need to go.
that’s the most direct way put an end to this. Once the union is gone it will be easier to root out the racist authoritarian cops. 

Every police union rep is an asshat. Just look at the one in Houston.

agreed. this is one way

and some type of national DB tracking these assholes as they scoot state to state getting a new gig after they HAD to be fired from their current one. that state to state shit is letting this repeat.  Might be something still with the unions? not sure but yeah that too. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

youre_serious_futurama.gif

I realize Michael Jordan did not read from the prescribed script on how black man should act. So of course you have a hard time understanding his impact on the black and white community. 

3 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

I have not seen many voices supporting the blue and the murder of Floyd. Your words come across as passionate, and just but who is the "you" that you are addressing? Is it the center of the country? The fringes? The stereotypical right leaning supporter you have in your head?

I'd argue that the moral core of this country is disgusted by the murder of Floyd. This core is also disgusted by systemic racism and the looting and destruction of business across this country.

Partisanship is destroying the core of this country. The core we need to overcome the social issues we are seeing play out now and fix these issues so our country can heal. How can we be so divided when many of us agree Floyd was murdered, and the majority are shocked and dismayed by the violence and vandalism we have seen these past few nights? Partisanship is a primary culprit.

Please continue your message board tirades and hopefully leave them on this board. If you talk like this to people in person, you are doing your part to pull the center apart.

There are people that are presumably billed large sums of money for Brisket to be their attorney. In summary, vet your lawyer.

So how do the CR cognoscenti see this all playing out? How do you bridge the gap from this widespread unrest to change that is satisfying? 

Yes I am asking questions.

Edited by GRHorn

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

A real man would have admitted being wrong. 

I said my peace last night and I stand by it. If the people who did that are identified, they're going to be brought up on charges.  And rightly so.

We don't have to agree.

Find someone else to bother.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I’m honestly surprised so many Trumpers are upset with what is going on. This was, quite literally, the goal.

exactly. they are people are past being conservatives, i.e. maintain, they are wanting to drive backwards. they actively want shit to go backwards to the ways it used to be. its why they appear with zero logic on any real issue of any substance. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

He fucking did publicly denounce the shootings you moron. He was in Europe when it happened and held a press conference in Warsaw, Poland shortly afterwords. He left Europe early to come back to the U.S. as a direct result of the shootings. I am sorry he didn't stop by your house to have a chat afterwords and discuss next steps, but it is simply laughable to suggest that Obama didn't publicly respond to the shootings. 

You’re referring to one incident. I’m referring to the string of shootings which were occurring. 

29 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Imagine if these fucking boomers could spend 5 minutes learning to use Google instead of inventing their own reality. World might be a better place.

Not a boomer. Not inventing my own reality. The reality was, this wasn’t just a one time event and even though he spoke following the biggest incident, I don’t recall anything else. I remember wondering why he was largely absent and knew cops who felt that way. I’m explaining how they felt. I’m not partisan and felt he could have done more to bring the divide closer together.

19 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

See above.

7 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

The area you pointed out was total bullshit as was pointed out to you, which you conveniently ignored.

Was busy.

7 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

He could have done it and it would not made a difference you doofus. He could have given each police officer in this country $100k minimum salary and an army tank and it would not have made a lick of difference b/c of the inherent racism in those ranks and the way the Right was painting Obama at the time. Did you forget about the beer summit. Dude had that spectacle despite the officer being in the wrong just to appease LEO and their worshipers. Didn't make a lick of difference. 

who would have thought that the modern descendants of slave patrols would have racism as part of its institutional knowledge?

9 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Remember the sheer horror the right had because Obama said the police officer acted stupidly. And then it was incumbent upon the black guys to make a show of reconciliation with the white officer. 

Remember that thing I said about you being intelligent... I’m saying he wasn’t perfect.
I mean I agree that he wasn't perfect but blaming him for cops being roided up racist douchebag murderers is just unreal. It's like blaming a woman for getting beaten up by her husband.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I said my peace last night and I stand by it. If the people who did that are identified, they're going to be brought up on charges.  And rightly so.

We don't have to agree.

Find someone else to bother.

So after finding out he didn't actually have a store, he came down from his high-rise condo w/ his machete to defend his turf, he was batshit crazy, and it was actually a white protestor  that delivered the brick shot that knocked him out, you still want the protestors brought up on hate crime charges....please do society a favor and don't reproduce. We have enough racist dumbfucks in this world. 

9 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

My post wasn’t about what he was saying to LEOs, but about speaking directly to the public (including the LE hunters) and maintaining a solid stance that their actions weren’t acceptable. As a nonpartisan citizen, I didn’t feel it was there.

Just now, Bruh Man said:

So after finding out he didn't actually have a store, he came down from his high-rise condo w/ his machete to defend his turf, he was batshit crazy, and it was actually a white protestor  that delivered the brick shot that knocked him out, you still want the protestors brought up on hate crime charges....please do society a favor and don't reproduce. We have enough racist dumbfucks in this world. 

You don't know me from Adam, dude.

Can you seriously not handle the fact that someone on the internet disagrees with you?

Piss off.

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

Brick throwing guy and skateboard guy should absolutely face charges (no hate crime nonsense). However, it looks as if charges might be appropriate for machete boy as well. 

She’s a cop lawyer. Anything less than a spotless record without even a ticket, and you’re a thug who had it coming. It’s the cop way.
So how do the CR cognoscenti see this all playing out? How do you bridge the gap from this widespread unrest to change that is satisfying? 

Yes I am asking questions.

You sit the fuck down and shit the fuck up while black people get to feel their justified rage. That’s where it starts for all us, but especially toadies like you.

And then, keep shutting up, because it doesn’t matter that the plan is, you’ll shit all over it.

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
4 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:
Remember that thing I said about you being intelligent... I’m saying he wasn’t perfect.

I mean I agree that he wasn't perfect but blaming him for cops being roided up racist douchebag murderers is just unreal. It's like blaming a woman for getting beaten up by her husband.

I didn’t blame him, just thought his lack of firm leadership pushed them further into a corner instead of trying to bring the two sides together. Trump came along and opened the fucking gates.

• Fuck You 2

I didn’t blame him, just thought his lack of firm leadership pushed them further into a corner instead of trying to bring the two sides together. Trump came along and opened the fucking gates.
Disagree. But this post is more reasonable and nuanced than the first one you made that basically blamed Obama for it all.

12 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This seems like a reasonable step. They need more accountability. It’s similar to how shitty teachers can’t get fired. 

I think a better analogy is to compare the current treatment of rogue cops to  a teacher who had sex with their 12 year old student. And instead of going to jail, the teachers union told us that it's very hard to do their teaching job without fucking the occasional preteen girl. And that girl wasn't a virgin, if you know what I mean...And the teachers union pressured the DA to throw the case, while the teacher was quietly relieved of duty and allowed to go teach at the school down the road. 

• Like 4

Just now, BradInATX said:
3 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Disagree. But this post is more reasonable and nuanced than the first one you made that basically blamed Obama for it all.

I don’t read it that way but understand how someone could if that’s what they were looking for.

Remember the sheer horror the right had because Obama said the police officer acted stupidly. And then it was incumbent upon the black guys to make a show of reconciliation with the white officer. 

Yep...how DARE that uppity...person...offer ANY criticism of how our heroes do their jobs!!!

That is exactly how that went down. The attitude of the “I stand with the police!” Crowd, which overlaps almost perfectly with the trump crowd, has resisted ANY criticism of law enforcement.

A goddamned football player couldn’t kneel for two minutes without being called a traitor.

This is the outcome you demanded and made inevitable.

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

The stupid in this post is strong. Redirect your anger to the actual source of the issue. Not Michael Jordan who did more by example to promote the black cause than most activists could ever dream of in their lifetime. 

See, black people!  It's so easy!  All you have to do is be the best to ever play a sport and your life will be bitchin'!  

12 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I think a better analogy is to compare the current treatment of rogue cops to  a teacher who had sex with their 12 year old student. And instead of going to jail, the teachers union told us that it's very hard to do their teaching job without fucking the occasional preteen girl. And that girl wasn't a virgin, if you know what I mean...And the teachers union pressured the DA to throw the case, while the teacher was quietly relieved of duty and allowed to go teach at the school down the road. 

Correct. And even if that teacher wasn’t arrested, the district that fired or non-renewed the contract has to report it to the state for their database in Texas.

Also, I’m a campus administrator. It’s not that hard to fire a teacher. It’s likely that they will be able to finish out the year assuming they are being fired for being ineffective and not abusive in some way. The files on some of these cops that keep their job amazes me.