Mr. Tuberville goads to Washington

Ricky's one-hitter

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Was it Tubb's wife that killed someone in a DWI wreck in Lubbock that got swept under the rug? 

It was an 87 year-old man, but she took a defensive driving course and so the citation for running the red light was dropped.

https://www.dailytoreador.com/news/investigation-on-tuberville-s-wife-closed/article_ad1d0c04-60f5-11e1-9879-001a4bcf6878.html

• Rage+1 1

He gets an "attaboy" for his actions

https://1819news.com/news/item/u-s-sen-tubverille-awarded-alabama-policy-institutes-warrior-award-promises-not-to-bend-the-knee-in-fight-against-dod-abortion-policy

U.S. Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Auburn) was awarded the Alabama Policy Institute's (API) Warrior Award at the organization's annual dinner on Thursday night.

API started giving the Warrior Award in 2019 to recognize individuals who have stood up for both fiscal and social conservative principles in public and private spheres. Though Tuberville was not in attendance due to being in Washington, D.C., he thanked API for the award via video, which was displayed for the audience.

"[Tuberville] is fighting not only the Democrats right now, but he's fighting others like him," said State Sen. Dan Roberts (R-Mountain Brook), who presented the award. "But he's standing for a very simple basic premise: that state laws have an impact, and the military doesn't need to go around each individual state's law."

"As you may have heard, I've been a little busy fighting against every Democrat and some Republicans here in D.C.," Tuberville said in the video. "I've become public enemy number one because I'm standing up for the Constitution … I'm going to continue to uphold the law and fight for what is right even if it means standing alone, which I don't mind doing." "Thank you so much for the Warrior Award," he continued. "What an honor."

Edited by atomheartbevo

By "warrior" they mean a recalcitrant fool.

Alabama  might be projecting a tiny bit with the title, as he impedes the ability of true warriors to fulfil their duty.

It's deliberate bullshit that has zero to do with leading and guiding our country.  Fuck this guy and the morons who laud his antics.

Edited by slorch

17 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Well, it’s important to remember that Senator Jugs has a different view of our governmental structure:

Our government wasn’t set up for one group to have all three branches of government — wasn’t set up that way,” Tuberville continued, saying incorrectly: “You know, the House, the Senate, and the executive.”

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Tuberville is part of a bigger plan ?

If so, it's too early and can be overcome, and risks Tuberville being kicked off one or more committees, thereby removing his value to Trump.

If Trump was involved in any way, it's just him lashing out because he's pissed off that the military didn't do his bidding.

19 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Would be nice if they actually linked the WaPo article...

If you've read other articles about Project 2025, you won't learn a lot new from this one. Still serves as a good reminder that the country is in deep doodoo if Trump is reelected. Here's a nonpaywall link to the WaPo story: https://archive.ph/bpplz 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Tubs is saying he may sign off on a couple of people, but plans on blocking everybody else unless he gets what he wants.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/11/07/politics/tuberville-pentagon-blockade-negotiations/index.html

Sen. Tommy Tuberville for the first time began to crack the door open to a deal that would lift his one-man blockade stalling more than 450 military nominees over his demand that the Pentagon eliminate its abortion policy.

But it’s still uncertain whether the issue will get resolved – and some of the new options the Alabama Republican is considering would likely prompt Democratic opposition. Tuberville said after an hour-long meeting with GOP senators Tuesday he would engage in talks with other Republican senators and a Pentagon official over the next day to see if a compromise can be reached.

Until then, he said, he’s not backing down.

“I’m still dug in,” Tuberville told CNN. “I’m standing up for the unborn,” he added, but he noted: “There’s going to have to be some give-and-take here as we go through this, because there’s 450 out there that haven’t had a promotion.”

imagining Popovich dealing with shitbag politicians is simultaneously disgusting( wasting his strengths) and highly entertaining.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I was going to write something else, but I realized that it was skating on very thin ice.  Suffice to say, I like your thinking.

We should get Tommy on that thin ice than go flamethrower on his ass

image.gif.9aa292cdc3b55ce35c1dfc4d64bd5f2a.gif

• Hook 'Em 1