Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

20 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I'm still not sure that Briles isn't someone that they'd cut a deal with due to mutual desperation.

I think that is the best hire they could realistically make, his moral and ethics failings notwithstanding. They don't care one whit about any of that anyway.

2 things:

1) The lack of self awareness from Evan Stewart to sign at aggy and then post, presumably with a straight face, a video saying that recruits should think about how they will get developed at that position when Jimbo is a personal graveyard where 5 stars go to die is truly and mind bogglingly amazing.  Good good shit. Unless there is some 5D chess going on below the surface I'm unaware of.

2) With Smoke now gone this thought is amazing- when aggy brings in 4 corners for an obvious passing down early in the season they will have zero corners left on the bench as of right now.  If they play a 3-4 they will be 1 LB short right now.  It's incredibly funny and glorious.  I know that they will add more guys to the team through portal and/or scarf down some bread in January and February for class of 23, but it's really amusing right now.  It's too bad that they weren't one of the 5-7 teams with good grades (like Rice) that got a bowl game given to them. It would be fun to see them forfeit 2 years in a row.  

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Before the spring is over, aggy will probably  lose 30+ scholarship players from last year's roster. That's insane. 

How many did Texas lose last year after Sark was essentially doing a roster overhaul in year 1. 

33 total.  Not sure how many were seniors.

39 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

So A&M has already lost 4 of their top 14 commits from the '22 class? Maybe 5 as Anthony Lucas was also in that group of suspended freshman. 

Lucas is gone. Things have moved fast, but their mods confirmed that a few weeks ago. He hasn't put his name in the portal for whatever reason, but neither had Bouie until today and the same outlook was true for him.

• Hook 'Em 2

Holy shit first Lucci tells the whole world they will use the portal to fill in all their back ups and now Perroni is telling people not every recruit or transfer they get will be a splash, hahahahahahahahaha. You can't make this shit up, and nobody but aggy could write a story like this. I don't think I've ever gotten a boner from laughing until now. 

im horny donald glover GIF

• Haha 4

Just now, texifornia said:

Lol it sounds like since Bouie left, Taylor can get his old #3 back, and is expressing that in the most cruel way possible

Fj9oUdzXEAA89yx?format=jpg&name=medium

Should we all go around and share our favorite memories of the “Bobby Taylor in a #9” jersey era? Y’all start, too many to choose from for me. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

@Neonmoon posted the below on the Tell Me About A&M thread. Thanks to him.

image.png.98a030da7f5cbea003fb9e034a03ee73.png

Wow they’re at 26 already not including any that have exhausted eligibility?  And ainias smith maybe going pro, cooper and Taylor kind of up in the air, and any other surprises?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wow they’re at 26 already not including any that have exhausted eligibility?  And ainias smith maybe going pro, cooper and Taylor kind of up in the air, and any other surprises?

There are going to be more surprises. They haven't even hired a shit OC yet and the portal has only been open for like a week.