Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FjyWQV_VQAAsuFm?format=jpg&name=mediumFjyWQ8XVEAA6PZC?format=jpg&name=mediumFjyWRfgVEAE3seb?format=jpg&name=mediumFjyWSJdUoAE1HY0?format=jpg&name=mediumFjyWR_PUAAE_2hF?format=jpg&name=medium

Reading the tea leaves on hill, the IT guys are bullish on Hill visiting Austin this weekend. The Texags guys say it "remains to be seen" what his plans are. That sounds positive. I can't imagine the entire LB room transferring would inspire any confidence in Santucci. 

Edited by Vertigo

It's actually an interesting conflict for Hill if what we read and hear is true about the Aggies likely offering a fortune.

Is it worth the considerable up-front money to go to a place you feel may be miserable, or do you take a lesser amount done above board to attend the place you now prefer?

A person can talk himself into just about anything for 7 figures in hand. I suppose we'll never get a look inside the young man's head to see how he processes this.

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

It's actually an interesting conflict for Hill if what we read and hear is true about the Aggies likely offering a fortune.

Is it worth the considerable up-front money to go to a place you feel may be miserable, or do you take a lesser amount done above board to attend the place you now prefer?

A person can talk himself into just about anything for 7 figures in hand. I suppose we'll never get a look inside the young man's head to see how he processes this.

I wonder about the marginal amount between there and at Texas.

Add in LB room that doesn’t inspire confidence versus what Choate and Kwiatkowski can point to. 

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

If you have a better term for “additional amount beyond the status quo” feel free to substitute it. 

In terms of common use in this context, given that the gap is substantial, using the term "marginal" is definitionally correct and usefully ignorant. You're being pedantic and I am mocking it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

In terms of common use in this context, given that the gap is substantial, using the term "marginal" is definitionally correct and usefully ignorant. You're being pedantic and I am mocking it.

See the part where I said “I wonder.”

I get that that’s apparently your schtick here, you’re just not as good at it as you think. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I don't have a schtick and you're incorrect - I'm really fucking good. 

Dunning-Kruger in action is more like it. 

How fucking hard would it have been to write, “the difference is substantial, perhaps enough to overcome any on-field advantages” rather than your smugness schtick?

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Dunning-Kruger in action is more like it. 

How fucking hard would it have been to write, “the difference is substantial, perhaps enough to overcome any on-field advantages” rather than your smugness schtick?

Listen, I get it. Going through life is hard without even a sniff of a sense of humor. You have my sympathy on that front. That considered, when the lack of humor gets coupled with pedantry, it becomes an impossible target to ignore. I feel like a jury would find me innocent for my behavior like 10 out of 10 times. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Footballscoop reported this morning that A&M offered Riley 3 years for $6 million to be the new OC and he turned it down.

What do you think is more likely from here - complete moneywhip desperation or a capitulation in which they just let Fisher hire whatever non-threatening retread he finds that will say "yes" and do whatever Fisher wants? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

Listen, I get it. Going through life is hard without even a sniff of a sense of humor. You have my sympathy on that front. That considered, when the lack of humor gets coupled with pedantry, it becomes an impossible target to ignore. I feel like a jury would find me innocent for my behavior like 10 out of 10 times. 

Yeah, using “marginal” correctly is pedantic and going off on that rather than addressing the gist of the comment is having a sense of humor. But you don’t have a schtick. 

Again, “the difference in one’s available to him is literally the only sticking point” or whatever would be useful information. Whining about “marginal,” not so much. Too difficult to grasp?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Footballscoop reported this morning that A&M offered Riley 3 years for $6 million to be the new OC and he turned it down.

He’s on track to being able to write a fat ticket for himself. No reason to pull alongside the Titanic and jump on for money he can more than make up, imo. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Yeah, using “marginal” correctly is pedantic and going off on that rather than addressing the gist of the comment is having a sense of humor. But you don’t have a schtick. 

Again, “the difference in one’s available to him is literally the only sticking point” or whatever would be useful information. Whining about “marginal,” not so much. Too difficult to grasp?

You're perplexed by the notion that someone took the smartass route to part of your post instead of coming on and saying "dear sir, pardon the interruption, but the gap in offers is so wide that the notion of it being 'marginal' is stretched to the point of incredulity."

Do you not understand where you are?

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What do you think is more likely from here - complete moneywhip desperation or a capitulation in which they just let Fisher hire whatever non-threatening retread he finds that will say "yes" and do whatever Fisher wants? 

sounds like we've got a "cuckoff"

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Aggy booster have not yet begun to defile themselves.  I expect them to go back and offer Riley a P5 starting coaches salary.

Edit:  I fuess not - if LHN heard Looch correctly.   "Please be Shawn Watson*

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The context that came from was with regards to candidates for the North Texas job. I assume Riley is a front runner for it.

image.png.60525ebd1f9b3ce8551e862f3a5c4e0f.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Disagree with Brauny on the Amador kid out of North Shore. I don't think he has the right mentality for the game. He's a lover, not a fighter.

shit he must be a lover of beating teams into submission.. Thought Dickinson was gonna pull off the upset, then they put him in the game to run wild cat and just broke tackle after tackle

9 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I realize this is a bit "telephone gamey" but LHF said Liucci is now reporting that the OC Hire will not be a splash hire for them. Looks like Jimbo won the internal fight?

The aggies have no leverage and never had any leverage. They signed that all away to Jimbo twice. Only a fucking idiot believed otherwise.

Billy is the Fried Piper of aggyland.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

because they are shortsighted i assume they required him to leave TCU today before NSD1 and the CFP instead of playing the long(er) term game and let a guy come after CFP that you are willing to pay $2m / year

43 minutes ago, NoName said:

because they are shortsighted i assume they required him to leave TCU today before NSD1 and the CFP instead of playing the long(er) term game and let a guy come after CFP that you are willing to pay $2m / year

Or they let him prescribe any conditions he wanted and he still said, “no thanks. Y’all are screwed with Bilbo and I want no part of that cluster.”  I think this is more likely. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NoName said:

Would it have mattered? Why would he hitch his wagon to Jimbo? They're the laughing stock of CFB right now and he's currently seen as a major factor in TCU's Cinderella story. Other than the money, taking a job at A&M right now would be the exactly wrong move to make. If he can keep TCU running reasonably well after their draft losses this year he'll be in line for a decent HC job before that A&M contract would have expired.

4 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Its written like Riley turned down the money. 

But he actually turned down aggy. Money be damned

Why did he turn down money? TCU isn’t exactly little sisters of the poor. I’d be surprised if they were to overpay like aggy at 3mm/yr for an OC, but they’re not exactly scrounging for nickels. He just signed an extension. They’re a private school and don’t need to disclose the contract, but I’m sure he’s getting market for a top OC. 

10 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

At this point I'm not sure who'll they'll get but i'm guessing they'll be highly regarded and require google to figure out where they came from 

Why pay big bucks for an OC who will just hold a clipboard while Jimbo calls the plays….and if the offense isn’t better, guess who gets blamed?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Why pay big bucks for an OC who will just hold a clipboard while Jimbo calls the plays….and if the offense isn’t better, guess who gets blamed?

It’s like at what price am I willing to risk my reputation/career?

Edited by Wishbone
First post blew. Like this one, perhaps.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Orange&White said:

I sorta want to see the fallout if Riley were to take a different OC job after the season for significantly less than the aggie offer.

Like if Saban were to shitcan BoB and offer Riley $1M/year once the playoffs are over.

TCU isn’t gonna replace Duggan….he made that offense and team potent, along with his leadership.  If Riley can bottle that magic, he truly is something….imho.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Dead-men walking cannot get quality coordinators. We saw this with Mack, Strong, and Herman.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1