Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The hilarious thing about the OC search being kept fully under wraps by ol'Jimbo is that the info flow isn't a one way, controllable thing. If they're actually talking to multiple candidates, agents are going to be leaking some of that to get their guys raises. 

I'm still not sure that Briles isn't someone that they'd cut a deal with due to mutual desperation.

They missed the perfect opportunity the last two days to hire briles with the Leach and Beard news to dump that on the world. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The hilarious thing about the OC search being kept fully under wraps by ol'Jimbo is that the info flow isn't a one way, controllable thing. If they're actually talking to multiple candidates, agents are going to be leaking some of that to get their guys raises. 

I'm still not sure that Briles isn't someone that they'd cut a deal with due to mutual desperation.

Briles doesn't have the juice. They are going to get negative recruited against forever, somehow even more negatively recruited against than they were this year.

BUT BOB checks most of the boxes you have talked about, has a name, can say they stole him from Bama, have him be the replacement coach if Jimbo dies tomorrow. plus will be out of contract tomorrow and will require a large salary ("see how good he is? we are paying him $$$"

haven't seen anything about BOB interviewing for other HC jobs - i can't imagine that Saban is happy with everything going on there...

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

What better way to recruit portal players than to remind them that all the starters are still on the team and there’s only back up reps from their biggest mouthpiece on social media. Hahahaha. I almost pissed my self like cousin Eddie around a microwave after reading that. Never change aggy! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

On 12/12/2022 at 11:15 AM, Doc Daneeka said:

He’s on track to being able to write a fat ticket for himself. No reason to pull alongside the Titanic and jump on for money he can more than make up, imo. 

Watch it, buddy. He may put you on his ignore list. It's truly threatening and scary when he even mentions it. 

34 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Is Duggan coming back or is he draft bound?

While Max Duggan became a college football legend for the TCU Horned Frogs this year, he could technically return to Fort Worth for one more season.

Duggan is a senior from Council Bluffs, Iowa. Although he has played in at least 10 games each college season since 2019, Duggan still has that COVID year to use, if he feels so inclined. Because he is not a first-round draft prospect, it is more likely than not he would return to TCU for his super senior season in 2023. Factor in the NIL opportunities and this would be incredibly hard to pass up.

Yes, Duggan could turn pro after his senior season, but he is not a big-time NFL Draftprospect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

While Max Duggan became a college football legend for the TCU Horned Frogs this year, he could technically return to Fort Worth for one more season.

Duggan is a senior from Council Bluffs, Iowa. Although he has played in at least 10 games each college season since 2019, Duggan still has that COVID year to use, if he feels so inclined. Because he is not a first-round draft prospect, it is more likely than not he would return to TCU for his super senior season in 2023. Factor in the NIL opportunities and this would be incredibly hard to pass up.

Yes, Duggan could turn pro after his senior season, but he is not a big-time NFL Draftprospect.

Fuuuuuuuck. I want this dude gone. I want them to go back to their status quo. I think it can be done if their WR's leave (assuming they're draft eligible). 

So who's gone from this year's team?

Edited by Spider2YBanana
Edited for asshole purposes

4 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

What better way to recruit portal players than to remind them that all the starters are still on the team and there’s only back up reps from their biggest mouthpiece on social media. Hahahaha. I almost pissed my self like cousin Eddie around a microwave after reading that. Never change aggy! 

But you've forgotten the inestimable appeal of being in College Station. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yeah, I'm a little bitter losing to him and the cockroaches. I don't wish death on the kid. Just an injury so we can get to our elusive 10 wins and keep climbing 

This didn't make it better dumbfuck. The idea is to win without smoke & mirrors or luck.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yeah I know. I don't really wish bad things on him, I just want to beat those bastards and he's good. I want him gone. I'll edit my post 

It’s not like Duggan is primarily the reason we lost to TCU anyway. Defense largely held him in check. We just couldn’t do shit on offense. 

• Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Fuuuuuuuck. I want this dude gone. I want them to go back to their status quo. I think it can be done if their WR's leave (assuming they're draft eligible). 

So who's gone from this year's team?

Don’t hold your breath waiting on falloff from the Frogs due to WR. It looks like they’re getting JoJo Earle from Bama and Chris Marshall from aggy. https://247sports.com/college/tcu/board/101445/Contents/tcu-looks-like-the-one-to-beat-for-two-coveted-transfer-receiver-targets-200355215/?page=1
With the other incoming and existing WRs, it looks like they’ll be fine there. They may have meaningful attrition at OL and secondary, but they’re also getting a lot of crootin’ momentum from their CFI run.
Duggan’s decision will make a big difference, as they haven’t recruited behind him for this cycle and if he goes, they’ll have to rely on a fragile Morris.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nnm said:

Don’t hold your breath waiting on falloff from the Frogs due to WR. It looks like they’re getting JoJo Earle from Bama and Chris Marshall from aggy. https://247sports.com/college/tcu/board/101445/Contents/tcu-looks-like-the-one-to-beat-for-two-coveted-transfer-receiver-targets-200355215/?page=1
With the other incoming and existing WRs, it looks like they’ll be fine there. They may have meaningful attrition at OL and secondary, but they’re also getting a lot of crootin’ momentum from their CFI run.
Duggan’s decision will make a big difference, as they haven’t recruited behind him for this cycle and if he goes, they’ll have to rely on a fragile Morris.

Earle has been forgettable in a very mid WR corps at Bama and Marshall is a bad person who's going to have trouble sticking around. We'll see if they do much at frog.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, nnm said:

TCU is likely losing there top 3 WRs. JoJo and Chris Williams are not replacing Q Johnson. 

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Not just TCU. Duggan in particular. Do you know his favorite color?

Did posts get deleted or something? I'm catching up and don't see the Duggan commentary until this page lately.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Earle has been forgettable in a very mid WR corps at Bama and Marshall is a bad person who's going to have trouble sticking around. We'll see if they do much at frog.

I agree about both things and will just add that Sonny Dykes following the Ritz Bitz mercenary maneuvers will ultimately have the same effect. Marshall is pure poison.

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Not any sort of recruiting expert, but it sure seems like eeking your way to 85 scholarship players with last minute HS offers and portal takes is maybe not the preferred approach here to managing a roster.

"From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. And from the inside looking out, you can't explain it."

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Getafix said:

The Aggies offered this WR from Wyoming ... and Perroni follows up with a gushing endorsement.  

image.thumb.png.21f79d71ac292df618dea65b450b66cd.png

image.thumb.png.91d0cc50a67db07a05f00082ea5614c0.png

Listened Wiltfong on Josh Pates program last night and he lauded that the aggie recruiting wasn't an issue because they had the 4th highest recruit average but only 12 commits. This is obviously a transfer but man that average will plummet when they start to back fill with the bread

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Stewart talking about bags not being promised 

Always fun to look at the replies to player tweets. Bunch of folks with the school name/mascot in their handle or avatar, thinking their internet cleat chasing is appreciated.  And some of the same types but from rival schools, thinking they are crafting the sickest of burns. 

51 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Stewart talking about bags not being promised 

Because this is the first time I’ve seen someone explain it, how I see it. A crypto bag not was promised and partially delivered and is worthless now. A&M coaches and boosters People also lie. And one more not everything u see is true, no $300K was paid only promised. So in that case I hope all y’all’s decisions were truly “well thought between family and friends” and y’all go up!

Fixed

• Hook 'Em 4

On 12/13/2022 at 10:22 AM, Vertigo said:

We heard his official announcement and it has caused mild concern within the program that he is looking elsewhere. 

"Jimbo is busy building wooden trains at the North Pole, but we expect to hear from him on the matter sometime after New Years Day."

4 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Not any sort of recruiting expert, but it sure seems like eeking your way to 85 scholarship players with last minute HS offers and portal takes is maybe not the preferred approach here to managing a roster.

I can't believe you're questioning Jimbo f'n Fisher on roster management. This guy gets paid $10 million+ a year to do this, surely it's all part of a master plan that us simpletons can't grasp.

• Like 1