Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

5 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

My dark horse candidate they aggy will hire is Dan Enos. Doesn't give a fuck about loyalty,  has SECSECSEC experience,  and had some moderately successful seasons as OC. The fact that he ran away from Saban the way he did wins points from Jimbo. 

I'd absolutely love that. Arkansas fans were happy to see him gone and fucking Manny Diaz at Miami knew he was shit enough that he got canned after one year at the job 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

They are going to have a coaching staff full of college footballs biggest assholes.  Petrino, Durkin, and Addazio?  A virtual cornucopia of assholes.

I've been trying to rack my brain to think of a bigger asshole than Petrino to fill that job... and I can't. Kevin Wilson just got a head job (note: it's always better to get a head job). Is Mark Mangino still alive? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I've been trying to rack my brain to think of a bigger asshole than Petrino to fill that job... and I can't. Kevin Wilson just got a head job (note: it's always better to get a head job). Is Mark Mangino still alive? 

F253C1FF-1851-4435-9451-468AD0DBA8B6.thumb.webp.55b8ea498faee4dee726a0351336ca1f.webp

Jason Brown is tanned, rested, and ready

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Would petrino be the kind of guy to kowtow to jimbo and be happy with his ridiculous salary and to be back to big conference football?  

Guaranteed money, no work to do since Jimbo will still run the offense, just spending his days and nights cruising up and down University Drive on his motorcycle. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Genuine question as I guess I have not been following close enough: where did the aggy confidence on Hill come from?  

Their completely unwarranted hubris. 

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Petrino only makes $325k at Missouri State. He's gonna get some  2 or 3 year guaranteed deal at over $1 million to not call plays for 1 year and then Jimbo will be fired. 

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm starting to think that Art Briles might actually be the guy. He's desperate and he'll agree to anything to get another crack at it. Fisher needs a name. Aggie backers would love it, simply because he'd be a great fill-in for cheap if they do have buy Fisher out.

They're like the only school in the country who could hire the motherfucker and totally tune out the outrage from across the sport and social media by blaming conspiracies. They'd justify hiring him to themselves at fucking light speed by immediately claiming all of the issues were conjured bullshit, probably backed and engineered by Texas. 

Are the aggy screenshots about briles' time at baylor saved? It would be nice to pulled them back up if they do hire him and before they are erased from the aggy boards, the way all the jimbo fsu screenshots were.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm starting to think that Art Briles might actually be the guy. He's desperate and he'll agree to anything to get another crack at it. Fisher needs a name. Aggie backers would love it, simply because he'd be a great fill-in for cheap if they do have buy Fisher out.

They're like the only school in the country who could hire the motherfucker and totally tune out the outrage from across the sport and social media by blaming conspiracies. They'd justify hiring him to themselves at fucking light speed by immediately claiming all of the issues were conjured bullshit, probably backed and engineered by Texas. 

so it has to be a person has to have a name that will have some respect to them, or that they can sell. plus they have to be not in CFP or too young. plus they can't be an air raid coach and have to be focused on running the ball. plus not have the pull to demand the Grimes stuff about being independent.

...I think BOB could actually make a ton of sense. They can say they "stole" him from Alabama, he is a NFL name (even though it was with the Texans, where there is a ton of overlap with A&M fanbase) and let's be honest he is a sleeper cell into that program that will rot it from within. he can be moneywhipped. it's time for him to move on, with Young leaving his stock probably isn't going any higher. i think his contract is technically over at the end of the season. he won't bring a ton of his own guys with him (or didn't to Bama) - he can work with a ton of coaches. doesn't require a re-work of the entire offensive staff, or lets you go after dudes who can recruit.

another name that makes some sense would be Mike Denbrock at LSU if Kelly decides to move on/make a change. Doubt he wants to based on their offense this year, but if he does...Not an air raid type coach, flexible, big on "establishing the run" - article

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Liberty is the one school that would actually overlook all of his crimes. If they didn't give him a serious look this season (which reporters swear they didn't) I don't think Aggie would. 

58 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hell go under/be hired under the name,  Bart Knoles...

51 minutes ago, NoName said:

he is a NFL name (even though it was with the Texans, where there is a ton of overlap with A&M fanbase)

Excellent insight. All of their recent nationwide coaching searches other than Fisher have been limited to Harris County. Sumlin and Sherman.

In the quote above, you name the irresistable combo for Aggies: NFL, Houston, Aggie Jock Sniffers pressing his hand and posing for pix when he was the Texans head coach. Aggie headcoach in waiting. Suh-weet.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Excellent insight. All of their recent nationwide coaching searches other than Fisher have been limited to Harris County. Sumlin and Sherman.

In the quote above, you name the irresistable combo for Aggies: NFL, Houston, Aggie Jock Sniffers pressing his hand and posing for pix when he was the Texans head coach. Aggie headcoach in waiting. Suh-weet.

Holy shit. I’m stunned. I’m pissed. It’s Gary Kubiag. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Honestly, if I were an Aggie, I could talk myself into Petrino from a football standpoint. He was a very good coach for a long time. 

Of course, it's another hilarious culture addition.

I couldn't. Go look at OFEI. 

In the last decade, he's had 1 elite year as a playcaller. Then 1 more good year and after that it's mediocre to bad.  

• Hook 'Em 2

HAHAHA... Petrino...

How many OC hires have been made over the past couple weeks and not one of those schools thought - "Let's go hire Petrino" even though they easily could have exceeded his current salary.

Needle in haystack it appears.... God for Petrino to turn them down now would be a X-mas gift of a lifetime.

• Hook 'Em 1