Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

16 hours ago, Xminus6 said:

Would it have mattered? Why would he hitch his wagon to Jimbo? They're the laughing stock of CFB right now and he's currently seen as a major factor in TCU's Cinderella story. Other than the money, taking a job at A&M right now would be the exactly wrong move to make. If he can keep TCU running reasonably well after their draft losses this year he'll be in line for a decent HC job before that A&M contract would have expired.

$6m guaranteed makes a difference to some guys. but i agree with everything you are saying - leaving TCU now before CFP is dumb. he wants a head coaching job, and he can run his own show.

19 minutes ago, NoName said:

$6m guaranteed makes a difference to some guys. but i agree with everything you are saying - leaving TCU now before CFP is dumb. he wants a head coaching job, and he can run his own show.

He could reilly be future A&M head coach in two years 

Edited by BigHornedLurker

10 hours ago, nnm said:

Why did he turn down money? TCU isn’t exactly little sisters of the poor. I’d be surprised if they were to overpay like aggy at 3mm/yr for an OC, but they’re not exactly scrounging for nickels. He just signed an extension. They’re a private school and don’t need to disclose the contract, but I’m sure he’s getting market for a top OC. 

Im really suprised i have to explain this. But the post right below yours explains it very clearly. 

1 hour ago, NoName said:

He should hold out for head coach in waiting with guarantees of the same contract as Jimbo after Jimbo leaves. So, if A&M goes back on its agreement, he is still paid like Jimbo is currently being paid.

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

"There had been some apprehension" is a wild way to say "he declared on social media that he was going to enter the portal."

We heard his official announcement and it has caused mild concern within the program that he is looking elsewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

The team that paid out several dumptruck loads of cash less than a year ago, whose coach went on a tirade against the rest of the SEC, is now going to turnaround and file suit against one of their SEC brethren, and open up discovery, so they can accuse THEM of cheating?

I mean, it sounds like a super good plan on the surface. I say go for it.

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Fucking hilarious that Looch mentions the LSU game as Jimbo 'getting back to his roots' and what they want to do on offense going forward.   That  game was 100% Devon Achane.  They don't have him and they get blown out.   They better hope Owens is ready to dominate from Day 1 if that offense is the expectation going forward.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Fj4hPOQXkAI9pGp?format=jpg&name=mediumFj4hPtrXwAAgMoe?format=jpg&name=mediumFj4hQI5WYAAqBQJ?format=jpg&name=mediumFj4hQh4WIAEtZHW?format=jpg&name=medium

What utter horseshit….

So none of the leaks are right because it is only Jimbo and one other guy involved. There are 3 guys that would already take it but not going to be hired right now because they might not be the right fit. 

All the while NSD1 is right around the corner and they have no offensive skill players in their class at seeing slow and steady attrition to the portal. Even so, Jimbo is taking his time to get the exact fit he wants including now adding some new names…

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

What utter horseshit….

So none of the leaks are right because it is only Jimbo and one other guy involved. There are 3 guys that would already take it but not going to be hired right now because they might not be the right fit. 

All the while NSD1 is right around the corner and they have no offensive skill players in their class at seeing slow and steady attrition to the portal. Even so, Jimbo is taking his time to get the exact fit he wants including now adding some new names…

Yes…and that’ll be 9.95….and gfy 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Surlian said:

So they have 3 candidates who'd take the job now? Then either 

1) They're dogshit OCs and even Jimbo's blind ass knows it, and they're hoping someone else will jump in the search that's better 

Or, more likely

2) Looch is totally full of shit 

A few posts down he basically admits to #1.

9 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I mean I'm happy to shit on Luicci, and have gotten into several twitter spats with him. The one thing I'll give him credit for is, he is probably the most "in the know" 9.95er for the aggys. That being said, that makes his update all the more dismal for them.

Do people argue that Liucci isn't in the know, or do they argue he's a mouthpiece for the A&M establishment and athletic department and only serves to direct narratives?

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Fucking hilarious that Looch mentions the LSU game as Jimbo 'getting back to his roots' and what they want to do on offense going forward.   That  game was 100% Devon Achane.  They don't have him and they get blown out.   They better hope Owens is ready to dominate from Day 1 if that offense is the expectation going forward.

You're aware of Fisher's track record with freshman at any position that don't perfectly know his offense, right? I'm no oracle, but if Owens can't come in day 1 and perfectly execute RB pass protection responsibilities I'm guessing he's going to be a limited use case. But maybe a leopard can change his spots, the same way Jimbo's wives can get a change of cock. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're aware of Fisher's track record with freshman at any position that don't perfectly know his offense, right? I'm no oracle, but if Owens can't come in day 1 and perfectly execute RB pass protection responsibilities I'm guessing he's going to be a limited use case. But maybe a leopard can change his spots, the same way Jimbo's wives can get a change of cock. 

even if he is a great runner, pass pro is hard to pick up. plus doesnt El Campo throw it very few times per game? if maxpreps is right they only attempted 5.x passes per game?

Owens is a heck of a talent, but he is the opposite of "plug and play" due to the lack of pass pro experience.

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

even if he is a great runner, pass pro is hard to pick up. plus doesnt El Campo throw it very few times per game? if maxpreps is right they only attempted 5.x passes per game?

Owens is a heck of a talent, but he is the opposite of "plug and play" due to the lack of pass pro experience.

I mean, at least in a Fisher system or an offense he oversees. Smart coordinators find ways to utilize unique skill talents day 1. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

What utter horseshit….

It's not a clusterfuck, you idiots. And don't say it is, or I'll ban you and maybe invite you to the office to fight! I'm very tough.

image.png.eb570bcd6aa6c34767f81ec93bdd96a9.png

It takes time to get it right. Jimbo knows how to win a natty. Everybody is dying to take the job; Jimbo just wants it perfect. Per-fect. 

image.png.738d4c5b5d062340473aa8c36064a967.png

spacer.png

• Haha 5

56 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You guys remember way, way back to the Summer when A&M didn't have any momentum on the trail because they were being super selective and taking a small class even though the 25-man limit was abolished? I remember.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Seems like if there are 3 that are willing to take the job, you know who they are and know if they are the “perfect fit” or not. And if not, then they aren’t candidates anymore per the established parameter. 

Very strict tolerances. Per-fect.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The hilarious thing about the OC search being kept fully under wraps by ol'Jimbo is that the info flow isn't a one way, controllable thing. If they're actually talking to multiple candidates, agents are going to be leaking some of that to get their guys raises. 

I'm still not sure that Briles isn't someone that they'd cut a deal with due to mutual desperation.