2020 Fall Camp Thread

BurntOrange&White

8 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

bruh my wife is afraid of leaving the house so this season i get to attend the games by myself

lets meet up i will ask my fam to set up a couple thots 4 us 

finding thots for @satyanash will be no easy task. They have to be chicken littles that are Bollywood fans who hate astroturf. That's a tall order, Carl.

6 hours ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Been moving in to a new apartment all day, but as I went out to my truck one last time and got back in the elevator, I ran into Mitchell. Apparently he lives on the floor below me, and he seemed to be in good spirits and showing no real signs of anything serious which is great for LB depth.

He probably thought that elevator was the portal.  I keed I keed.  

Edited by stork642
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Did we ever settle on who they had to stop recruiting last year? Could it have been him?

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/texas-am-football-program-violated-ncaa-rules

This and how Jimbo used his son's participation in 7 on 7, Jimbo likes the illegal contact with the teenagers..

Jimbo Epstein.

• Hook 'Em 1

Damn could have used Troy as a red zone threat. At least we have a lot of depth at WR, albeit inconsistent.

Eagles, Washington, Jake Smith, Josh Moore, Black, Woodard, Whittington, and Dixon. That's 8 guys there that are good enough to start just about anywhere in the Big 12. 

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Damn could have used Troy as a red zone threat. At least we have a lot of depth at WR, albeit inconsistent.

Eagles, Washington, Jake Smith, Josh Moore, Black, Woodard, Whittington, and Dixon. That's 8 guys there that are good enough to start just about anywhere in the Big 12. 

From sugar to every flavor in 3 sentences. Bravo!

ms-moneypennys-kool-aid-orange_1.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lerka Lerka said:

And Whittington. 

Yeah, I dunno. Watching Whittington in action makes me think of some lifter, years ago on ESPN, snorting the shit out of that ammonia, grabbing that bar, hoisting it about 3/4 of the way up... and his fucking arm snapped in half like a dry branch (not to be confused with an arroyo or a wadi). Sometimes your muscles write checks that your bones (or in Whittington's case, tendons/ligaments?) can't cash. 

7 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Because of course

I heard about that today. Very unfortunate, Troy was set to see a significant amount of snaps seeing as how he was one of the big time performers during the off season and the team lost a lot of experience at WR.

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

That sucks.   I know practice reports are to be taken with a grain of salt, but the comments on O’Meire were the kind of practice reports you hear about guys that work their way into the starting lineup at some point later in the year as a freshman. I hope he makes a full recovery.  It seems like he has the work ethic for a successful rehab.  

tumblr_ozubka1UbE1uxj1t8o1_250.gifv 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, horngasm2020 said:

why does mensa always have so many injuries on his teams? a freshman wr, non-contact acl tear during practice is on the coaches. you have to teach an 18 yr old to not make hard cuts if his legs are fatigued. and all for a season that isn't even going to happen.

wut

11 minutes ago, horngasm2020 said:

why does mensa always have so many injuries on his teams? a freshman wr, non-contact acl tear during practice is on the coaches. you have to teach an 18 yr old to not make hard cuts if his legs are fatigued. and all for a season that isn't even going to happen.

Because it's the only team you pay close attention to, so you actually notice them all. Go look at OU if you want a team with an actual injury problem this year.

Just now, texifornia said:

Because it's the only team you pay close attention to, so you actually notice them all. Go look at OU if you want a team with an actual injury problem this year.

No, they need to be teaching our receivers to stop trying so hard when they're worn out. That's how you win games in the 4th quarter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah, I feel like we've been fortunate with injuries under Tom Herman.  It was two or three years ago when all 5 OL starters missed a handful of games throughout the entire season.  That's pretty rare.  Last season, we had a rash of shoulder injuries, most of which were younger players.  Aside from that, I feel like we've been pretty lucky.   /nojinx

1 hour ago, horngasm2020 said:

Knees are like Covid.  They hate college football.

10 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Major downer about Troy O but a team like ours in their HCs fourth year should not make/break on freshman contributions.

Feel terrible for him, he clearly is a baller.

I  mean I like what Iv'e seen on tape and what he's done in practice but he's not a baller until he proves it in game action.

1 hour ago, horngasm2020 said:

No.  This is like the dumbest take Iv'e ever seen.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, horngasm2020 said:

6ebebdfec2c791b376d4f9fb84aa1172.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, horngasm2020 said:

Futureman?

So 6th street can't log in because someone stole his login... 

10 hours ago, 6th Street said:

then he proceeds to make a new account and get negged into oblivion... 

5 hours ago, horngasm2020 said:

you truly hate to see it

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Hmmm said:

Yeah, I feel like we've been fortunate with injuries under Tom Herman.  It was two or three years ago when all 5 OL starters missed a handful of games throughout the entire season.  That's pretty rare.  Last season, we had a rash of shoulder injuries, most of which were younger players.  Aside from that, I feel like we've been pretty lucky.   /nojinx

Well we started a quarterback at RB and were without Sterns / Foster / Jamison / Green for an extended period of time. Not Herman's fault by any stretch, but I wouldn't say we were fortunate with injuries last year. 

1 minute ago, honolulu horn said:

Well we started a quarterback at RB and were without Sterns / Foster / Jamison / Green for an extended period of time. Not Herman's fault by any stretch, but I wouldn't say we were fortunate with injuries last year. 

This.  The DB and RB rooms were obliterated last year.  Felt like everybody in the secondary had that brace on their shoulder that wouldn’t let them raise their arm above their head by the end of the year.  That’s not great for creating TO’s btw.

8 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

This.  The DB and RB rooms were obliterated last year.  Felt like everybody in the secondary had that brace on their shoulder that wouldn’t let them raise their arm above their head by the end of the year.  That’s not great for creating TO’s btw.

DBs are on Orlando. He eliminated the traditional LB position and expected a bunch of 180lb DBs to make every tackle.