Steve Bannon Indicted

Hugo Stiglitz

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motion for directed verdict of acquittal denied, as expected. 

Defense closing arguments objected to for venturing into political territory that was forbidden by trial judge.  That's unusual, and not really good for the defense.

Case to jury at 1037 CDT.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hammerin Hank said:

What happens now? Is he going to go to jail or anything?

Oh please, it's not like he sold a little pot or something. He'll get a Susan Collins "concerned" face as punishment.

Edited by 'stache
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Oh please, it's not like he sold a little pot or something. He'll get a Susan Collins "concerned" face as punishment.

That pig is a convicted felon, which I doubt helps in the sentencing guidelines.  30 days per count minimum per The Dog. 

I’d listen to him, he’s pre-med. 

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

jury goes into deliberations at 11:40.  lunch order in by noon.  figure they came to the verdict in the next 10 minutes or so.  lunch gets delivered by 12:45.  leisurely lunch, maybe some executive time, announced at 2:30. 

2 hours ago, Hammerin Hank said:

What happens now? Is he going to go to jail or anything?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/2/192

punishable by a fine of not more than $1,000 nor less than $100 and imprisonment in a common jail for not less than one month nor more than twelve months.

Haha, I didn't realize, it has a mandatory minimum!

• Drool 1

49 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Posting a) for her Bama Chick beating prose and b) for his comments. It seems something like that won't go over well at sentencing.

May his cellmate be a Jan 6th Insurrectionist Q-drooler who is convinced that Bannon is a spy-robot, just like the birds.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

May his cellmate be a Jan 6th Insurrectionist Q-drooler who is convinced that Bannon is a spy-robot, just like the birds.

The "common jail" part of the statute is amusing, too.  I don't think the feds tend to use the full-blown federal facilities for misdemeanants, which probably rules out a camp/club fed, anyway, although Ditch Pig Jenna went to Bryan.

Maybe they stick him in the PG County jail.  That would be fun for him, I bet.

6 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Question.... is there an ongoing duty to cooperate? Or does his conviction effectively nullify the subpoenas? If they still want his cooperation do they just reissue the subpoenas to avoid potential double jeopardy? No idea in this area of law.

The reporting I heard was that this won’t force him to cooperate with the Committee.

He should probably be subpoenaed by the DOJ next but he’d just plead the fifth. The seditious conspirators aren’t going to talk. 

9 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Question.... is there an ongoing duty to cooperate? Or does his conviction effectively nullify the subpoenas? If they still want his cooperation do they just reissue the subpoenas to avoid potential double jeopardy? No idea in this area of law.

I believe that you are correct in that they can just subpoena him again.