Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

Ok the sarcastic meme making fun of all the love they get for struggling to beat shit teams is pretty funny. 

That said I believe they cover vs Oregon. 21 is maybe the biggest spread I've ever seen for 2 ranked teams playing, especially 2 teams less than 10 slots apart. Vegas really sees how overrated they've gotten because of sunglasses hype

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Ok the sarcastic meme making fun of all the love they get for struggling to beat shit teams is pretty funny. 

That said I believe they cover vs Oregon. 21 is maybe the biggest spread I've ever seen for 2 ranked teams playing, especially 2 teams less than 10 slots apart. Vegas really sees how overrated they've gotten because of sunglasses hype

this reminded me to check prediction tracker for "final" updates.

line opened at 16.5, midweek/updated is 21

average line is 20.33, median is 20.69.

none of the systems have CU favored, closes is Oregon by 1 point.

87.25% chance to win, 48.90% chance to cover

9 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

That's funny but what kind of voodoo are they using to create those numbers?

I'd wager more than 3 percent of Longhorn fans are alumni or at least attended the University at some point. 

I bet the aggy 91% is fairly accurate if you include has a family member attended. 

57 minutes ago, NoName said:

this reminded me to check prediction tracker for "final" updates.

line opened at 16.5, midweek/updated is 21

average line is 20.33, median is 20.69.

none of the systems have CU favored, closes is Oregon by 1 point.

87.25% chance to win, 48.90% chance to cover

What system has Oregon favored by 1?

19 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

What system has Oregon favored by 1?

something called the roundtable ratings? must be fairly new not in total ranking results yet. they have CU at 17 and Oregon at 24 (#133 SOS)

http://www.rtsratings.com/Weekly_Projected.asp

they have texas favored by 33, so not like they predict all close games. idk why

• Hook 'Em 1

That's funny but what kind of voodoo are they using to create those numbers?
I'd wager more than 3 percent of Longhorn fans are alumni or at least attended the University at some point. 

It’s supposedly based on attendance, so a freshman 1 semester flunkout counts. It’s the power of football in the south and Midwest in that the big popular schools have mostly nonalumni fans in their state. It’s why the west and east is disadvantaged longterm because no one gives a shit but a few alumni.

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

duded you got to look at his rankings lol they are wild

http://www.rtsratings.com/curCFB.asp

Miami at 2

Ole MIss at 3

Rutgers at 6

Auburn at 9

A&M at 12

It looks like a fairly basic transitive property rating.

3 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

It’s supposedly based on attendance

It isn't based on anything. It's a joke. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

1) It’s a bullshit stat. 

2) I fixed your idiotic anecdote for you. You’re welcome. 

Oh here we go! Lol. CTJ I travel around different parts of Houston for work every. single, day. Inside the loop. Katy. Woodlands. Pearland. Literally everywhere. You know what I see? Aggy colors everywhere. In fact, when we moved back here from LA it was alarming how much aggy I saw. Outside of obviously UH, you either see aggy or nothing at all. I hardly ever see Longhorn colors in Houston. Most people understand this to be true, but don't take my word for it.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/5/8/8557151/texas-am-aggies-football-fans-houston-dallas-fort-worth-texas-longhorns

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/projects/sports/2022/texas-college-football-fans/

https://dars.tamu.edu/Data-and-Reports/Student/files/Overall_Enrollment_Historical.aspx

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/627902-be-true-to-your-school-which-schools-have-the-most-fans-buy-licensed-stuff

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/9560094/texas-longhorns-again-top-merchandise-sales-list

https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/texas-a-and-m-university-college-station/student-life/diversity/

The Aggy takeover started with them joining the SEC and then Johnny Football. By 2015 they were writing articles like this. Notice that top article is from us. That article was at the beginning. Aggy has grown even more since then. Aggy enrollment took at 25K leap since joining the SEC. Where do you think those kids got the desire to go there from, and where do you think they move to when they graduate? Considering 86% of their student body is from Texas, how many of them are likely from the Houston area? Their merchandise sales have jumped considerably. They are now number 7 in revenue. Stadium now biggest in the SEC. Everything is up for them EXCEPT WINNING.

Lastly- the businesses around Houston should tell you everything you know. They stock what they sell. Go into the local stores and try to buy a tshirt for our state college sports teams and tell me what you see. Sometimes you argue about the dumbest shit. Go swing your dick around in the recruiting thread. You are drowning in these waters. Oh, and get your 1k ready.

Edited by Thatguy

No fucking way that is accurate. The entire city of Houston wears aggy colors. I mean, I know they are letting err-body up in there but no way they are 91%.

A&M counts anyone that owns a collie or has been fucked by a sheep or has eaten an agricultural product as an alum. The lower the number the better as far as your fan base goes.

It’s a stupid chart though.
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Oh here we go! Lol. CTJ I travel around different parts of Houston for work every. single, day. Inside the loop. Katy. Woodlands. Pearland. Literally everywhere. You know what I see? Aggy colors everywhere. In fact, when we moved back here from LA it was alarming how much aggy I saw. Outside of obviously UH, you either see aggy or nothing at all. I hardly ever see Longhorn colors in Houston. Most people understand this to be true, but don't take my word for it.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/5/8/8557151/texas-am-aggies-football-fans-houston-dallas-fort-worth-texas-longhorns

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/projects/sports/2022/texas-college-football-fans/

https://dars.tamu.edu/Data-and-Reports/Student/files/Overall_Enrollment_Historical.aspx

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/627902-be-true-to-your-school-which-schools-have-the-most-fans-buy-licensed-stuff

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/9560094/texas-longhorns-again-top-merchandise-sales-list

https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/texas-a-and-m-university-college-station/student-life/diversity/

The Aggy takeover started with them joining the SEC and then Johnny Football. By 2015 they were writing articles like this. Notice that top article is from us. That article was at the beginning. Aggy has grown even more since then. Aggy enrollment took at 25K leap since joining the SEC. Where do you think those kids got the desire to go there from, and where do you think they move to when they graduate? Considering 86% of their student body is from Texas, how many of them are likely from the Houston area? Their merchandise sales have jumped considerably. They are now number 7 in revenue. Stadium now biggest in the SEC. Everything is up for them EXCEPT WINNING.

Lastly- the businesses around Houston should tell you everything you know. They stock what they sell. Go into the local stores and try to buy a tshirt for our state college sports teams and tell me what you see. Sometimes you argue about the dumbest shit. Go swing your dick around in the recruiting thread. You are drowning in these waters. Oh, and get your 1k ready.

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 1

Post-loss press conference.
Zero excuses. Zero ducking. Zero blaming a talent gap. Regularly blaming himself and the coaching. Usual coach stuff.
It's hilarious how someone this fundamentally old-school and basic in what he is actually saying gets people's dander up.
I covered that in the Prime thread.

This is a great thread because it is relevant to our society today in a way that transcends college football.

Change-agents, like Deion, are rarely loved in their time. The college sports system, with its coaches, & ADs don't like change, and he is a threat to the status-quo in college football. Frauds, like Jimbo, rightly understand that change exposes them to be evaluated by a brand-new standard. Deion was even correctly perceived to be a threat by other Black coaches in the SWAC. Heck, he even called out his last school, as he accused them for not living up to their promises to him, and they didn't like being exposed. He is a polarizing figure, and your allegiance or dislike of him goes beyond his coaching acumen and is more tied to how you believe he "should" carry himself. The sunglasses comment (interestingly made by a Black coach) and the "clicks vs wins" comment both send a loaded message.  

Muhammad Ali may be loved now, but when he was speaking his mind to confront social change in the 1970's , he was vilified. Most adults I knew wouldn't even use his Islamic name. It was too scary to them. Now everyone acts like they always loved him. I predict Deion will be viewed the same years from now

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Zero excuses. Zero ducking. Zero blaming a talent gap. Regularly blaming himself and the coaching. Usual coach stuff.

It's hilarious how someone this fundamentally old-school and basic in what he is actually saying gets people's dander up.

Well you see he’s all about calling attention to himself, unlike coaches who are only about getting a win and don’t want attention. Well, other than inviting ABC in to the locker room to film the  pregame speech to the players emphasizing he doesn’t want attention. And then telling the sideline reporter at the half hey watch us run it up in the second half. You know, humble coaches who are all about the kids

• Hook 'Em 3

oh holy shit Deion is just a really good coach who has a lot of BFFs in media from his time at CBS and NFL Network so he's getting a lot more attention that otherwise. there's nothing new here. the only people who think this is a cultural thing are those buddies in the media and the long-suffering CU fans who have followed the team since August. 

As far as their actual football team the blowout wasn't a surprise. That said, they are well coached and at least on defense they seemed to have guys well positioned to make plays - they just didn't have the athletes to match up with Oregon. That bad OL also got run over.

Now they come home in a "bounce back" game against USC. I stayed up and watched USC-ASU last night and if USC plays like that against CU then the Buffs will beat them. ASU is a terrible football team that was shut out at home by Fresno State the week before. The fact that the game last night was competitive is a very bad sign for USC moving forward. 

So prepare yourselves for the hype train to start up again unless Caleb Williams pulls it out for them.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I don’t like his overall style but this interview raised my opinion of him.particularly his comments about “how the team needed this” ….that they didn’t. Just like you don’t need to get into a car wreck. Very little political sidestepping or dodging. Somewhat refreshing.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Now they come home in a "bounce back" game against USC. I stayed up and watched USC-ASU last night and if USC plays like that against CU then the Buffs will beat them. ASU is a terrible football team that was shut out at home by Fresno State the week before. The fact that the game last night was competitive is a very bad sign for USC moving forward. 

USC is going to be up 28+ points at HT. They were obviously looking ahead of ASU towards the CU game. They are going to beat the shit out of Colorado.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

This is a great thread because it is relevant to our society today in a way that transcends college football.

Change-agents, like Deion, are rarely loved in their time. The college sports system, with its coaches, & ADs don't like change, and he is a threat to the status-quo in college football. Frauds, like Jimbo, rightly understand that change exposes them to be evaluated by a brand-new standard. Deion was even correctly perceived to be a threat by other Black coaches in the SWAC. Heck, he even called out his last school, as he accused them for not living up to their promises to him, and they didn't like being exposed. He is a polarizing figure, and your allegiance or dislike of him goes beyond his coaching acumen and is more tied to how you believe he "should" carry himself. The sunglasses comment (interestingly made by a Black coach) and the "clicks vs wins" comment both send a loaded message.  

Muhammad Ali may be loved now, but when he was speaking his mind to confront social change in the 1970's , he was vilified. Most adults I knew wouldn't even use his Islamic name. It was too scary to them. Now everyone acts like they always loved him. I predict Deion will be viewed the same years from now

Lol it’s not that deep

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

You think what Deion is doing at Colorado and dealing with from opposing fans is comparable to Muhammad Ali during the civil rights movement? Uh, ok.

He is similar in that he is using his his public persona, which brazenly celebrates a type of African American culture, to shake up the conventional wisdom about how to create success in the world of sports. And like Ali, he seems to threaten a lot of people. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

I will say it since a lot of you won't touch it. Black people, in the US, suffer bigly from the "crabs in a bucket" mentality. I hate it. I try to tip the cap when I see other brothers who made it. That is definitely not reciprocated all the time. It's a shame to see Prime catching such flack for what he is doing by other black coaches when, if things work out, he will be paving a path for other black coaches to break into coaching and do so "being themselves". We should be wishing him well for their own sakes, but instead we are the first ones lining up to tell him to "remember his place". A shame really. Reminds me of this.....

stephen-django-unchained-gif.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Angry Get Out GIF by Party Down

Deion isn't Muhammad Ali pushing for social change to fight against the draft for a bullshit war. If he was he wouldn't have left the HBCU to take the money of a university with one of the whitest alumni bases in the country in a town that's almost all white. He's a football coach. 

In the past he ran a scandalous production fucking over black families here in DFW. I saw it first hand because I personally know a few of the families that were affected. Now I don't think he's doing anything like that now and he seems to be above board with the job he's doing at CU but don't act like this dude gives a fuck about social change. 

Also, he's a whiny loudmouth always complaining about being disrespected and he takes a fucking golden throne out on the sidelines. Anyone who does that bullshit will get hated on. If he was a black coach who did his job and wasn't a clown show then it wouldn't be any issue at all. Nobody is hating on Norvell and no one hated on Charlie Strong because they're black. They eventually get hated on because they don't win. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2