Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

Just now, Pancho said:

It’s not a personal shot to say that your lack of life experience or frame of reference doesn’t allow you to understand certain things about cultures or societies. 

You can tell me I don’t know the trauma or experience of someone who grew up in an orphanage, in a house with opioids, or homeless and I wouldn’t take that as a personal shot because, well, I don’t know what’s that’s like. 

Yeah, it was more of a shot at your incorrect assumptions.  I have lived and worked in the most urban and most rural environments.  I have lived in gov't subsidized housing and places not like that.  Between athletics, the Marine Corps, and a diverse work culture, I probably just hang out with other whities, right?

LO-fucking L with your bullshit assumptions and statements.  Really,  who the fuck are you?

Again, i say, you heard something different from your own bias and beliefs, and it is immediately racist.

It's a bullshit mentality.  It is pervasive in our society today though.  You are not alone.

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

Yeah, it was more of a shot at your incorrect assumptions.  I have lived and worked in the most urban and most rural environments.  I have lived in gov't subsidized housing and places not like that.  Between athletics, the Marine Corps, and a diverse work culture, I probably just hang out with other whities, right?

LO-fucking L with your bullshit assumptions and statements.  Really,  who the fuck are you?

Again, i say, you heard something different from your own bias and beliefs, and it is immediately racist.

It's a bullshit mentality.  It is pervasive in our society today though.  You are not alone.

Firsttime.gif

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, slorch said:

You’re assuming too, which is what you do well. 

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Firsttime.gif

Still haven’t answered any of my questions, mr. 1776.

26 minutes ago, slorch said:

Slorch is the Jack Hanna of black people yall.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Pretty simple.  I was thinking this AM. Going forward, I’ll reply to people I respect.  Those that warrant none, will be ignored. 

Cool

I know where you stand. It’s disgusting and Anti-American, but I know.

Getting this thread back on track:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

If Colorado plays aggy in a bowl game, I'd be shoppin for some shades real quicklike.

Hey, was posting up thread prior to the game, and I took some shots at folks because I felt they took personal shots at me.  Let's just say we are probably not going to agree on perspectives related to Deion, but I better understand where they are coming from, @Pancho specifically because of an offline discussion initiated by him.

I apologize for my approach. but I do still feel there is more than one take on the show that is PrimeTime.  I have criticized some of his cultural moves such as changing the Captains to Leaders and Dawgs and some of the mouthy behavior by players.  In doing so, I did not acknowledge the positives he also brings with the accountability/ brotherhood/ effort planks in his program.  I'm not the biggest Deion fan, obviously, but as a football guy, I feel like there are still  great days ahead for him at CU and beyond.  I have stated in this thread that Deion Sanders is the perfect frontman/ CEO for a program in the NIL era.  I still feel that way.

Just now, Thatguy said:

With the way he feels about us coloreds coupled with how many black people he is friends/coworkers with, he would probably love to wear that Tshirt Ole Jack is wearing in your link.

It doesn't read "some of my friends are black".

20 hours ago, BurgleBro said:

Absolutely zero chance CU comes within 3 scores

9 hours ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

Riley will do everything he can to make this a blow out and drive up the score as much as possible.  It’s the way he is the way he operates if he can get on a stage he wants to embarrass the opponent.  If I was a betting man I would bet the farm usc covers. 

8 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

He cut all the dead weight out of this program (get in the muthafuka) and the players left know he is actively trying to recruit over them. He has brought in well respected coordinators and position coaches with skins on the wall. He has worked his ass off throughout his amateur and professional career to be the absolute best he could be

seems like a recipe for success after fb for the players who stick it out. 

ETA and he has accomplished all this while being himself. 

when he was drafted by the Falcons he insisted on going with his agent (some old white dude I’m sure). The agent wanted him to wait outside but he insisted on going in. He insisted on reading the offer as well though the agent told him to be quiet and let him handle it. 

he read the offer, looked across the table, scoffed and said “y’all must want me just returning punts” and got ready to walk. I think those players are in good hands 

He seems to be teaching them something about not quitting. This alone can change the course of one's life.

8 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Pull the plug on the CU hype train. What a throw by Caleb.

7 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

I guess you can take Sheduer out of the Heisman race (great pick Bayless!). It's gonna get real ugly for the Buffs.

6 hours ago, PilotsError said:

LOL.  At least this the last week we have to hear about him.

6 hours ago, BurgleBro said:

Told yall CU would get skunked by more than 3 scores

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Deion is playing the game and promotes his players. He gets some moral victories to build the future on. Hell we let the last 3 first year Texas coaches have shit seasons to start off with some moral victories to sell to recruits so this should be no different. I have them at 7-5 for the season which I believe would be as good as the last 3 Texas coaches in their first year. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, slorch said:

If Colorado plays aggy in a bowl game, I'd be shoppin for some shades real quicklike.

Hey, was posting up thread prior to the game, and I took some shots at folks because I felt they took personal shots at me.  Let's just say we are probably not going to agree on perspectives related to Deion, but I better understand where they are coming from, @Pancho specifically because of an offline discussion initiated by him.

I apologize for my approach. but I do still feel there is more than one take on the show that is PrimeTime.  I have criticized some of his cultural moves such as changing the Captains to Leaders and Dawgs and some of the mouthy behavior by players.  In doing so, I did not acknowledge the positives he also brings with the accountability/ brotherhood/ effort planks in his program.  I'm not the biggest Deion fan, obviously, but as a football guy, I feel like there are still  great days ahead for him at CU and beyond.  I have stated in this thread that Deion Sanders is the perfect frontman/ CEO for a program in the NIL era.  I still feel that way.

Okay.......who hacked Slorch's account?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, 59 Burst said:

All I know is Deion has put together a team in less than one year that played toe to toe with Riley. I’m impressed. 

Being impressed with what Deion has going on in Boulder is one thing, and justified, but pinning any of it to how they did versus USC is foolhardy. That USC defense is truly pathetic. May we all find someone with the same loyalty and affection for us that Lincoln Riley has for Grinch. 

I had USC in my preseason top 10 thinking they’d improved via personnel and experience. Nope. Same soft pussies. I assume they’re going to lose to 3+ quality opponents left on their schedule. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Being impressed with what Deion has going on in Boulder is one thing, and justified, but pinning any of it to how they did versus USC is foolhardy. That USC defense is truly pathetic. May we all find someone with the same loyalty and affection for us that Lincoln Riley has for Grinch. 

I had USC in my preseason top 10 thinking they’d improved via personnel and experience. Nope. Same soft pussies. I assume they’re going to lose to 3+ quality opponents left on their schedule. 

Last year USC beat Colorado 55-17. Diminishing what Deion has already accomplished in such a short time at Colorado by denigrating the teams he’s performed well against is foolhardy.

I figured Colorado would score on USC’s shitty defense. I didn’t expect Colorado’s defense to clamp down on USC’s offense as well as they did late in the game. They played them pretty close. You predict that USC will lose 3+ games. 3 games seems about right. They went 11-3 last year and this team seems pretty similar. The rest of the PAC-12 is better this year so USC probably isn’t making the CCG again.

Colorado’s next three are at ASU, Stanford, and at UCLA (after a BYE). Do you think they’re likely to do worse than 2-1 in those games? I don’t. They could win them all and be bowl eligible before November. They’re final 4 are OSU (Homecoming), Arizona, at WSU, and at Utah. I’ll bet they’ll win at least 1 of those games. Maybe 2. I think getting to a bowl is virtually guaranteed. Going 7-5 is certainly a possibility and might be likely. Going 8-4 would be beyond anyone’s wildest dreams.

You’re talking about a 3-loss USC. Surely you’d have to agree that if Deion turns a 1-win Colorado into a 4-loss team in one season, that would be astounding. 7-5 would be amazing. Just taking them to a bowl in his first year will be a resounding success. I’ll bet he’s got at least one more stunning upset win in him that no one saw coming. Funny thing about football, though, he might also have one stunning loss that no one saw coming too. But so far he’s won every game he’s been favored to win so his next upset loss will be his first.

There’s no way to rationalize away what Deion has accomplished in just a matter of months as anything less than a remarkable transformation. Going from a 55-17 loss to a 48-41 loss in one season isn’t something to dismiss out of hand like it didn’t mean anything. But it doesn’t matter what you and I think. It matters what the recruits think. I’ll bet they like what they see. I know yesterday was a big day for recruiting visits. I’ll bet it will be easy to sell them that they’re the missing pieces this team needs and to come to Colorado. 

• Hook 'Em 7

24 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Last year USC beat Colorado 55-17. Diminishing what Deion has already accomplished in such a short time at Colorado by denigrating the teams he’s performed well against is foolhardy.

There’s no way to rationalize away what Deion has accomplished in just a matter of months as anything less than a remarkable transformation. Going from a 55-17 loss to a 48-41 loss in one season isn’t something to dismiss out of hand like it didn’t mean anything. But it doesn’t matter what you and I think. It matters what the recruits think. I’ll bet they like what they see. I know yesterday was a big day for recruiting visits. I’ll bet it will be easy to sell them that they’re the missing pieces this team needs and to come to Colorado. 

He launched that entire team into the sun and built an entirely different team in the portal. I believe there are fewer than 20 scholarship players from last year on this year's team roster. He fired that whole team, he didn't teach them how to play, he threw tthem away and started over. Last year is irrelevant when talking about Colorado.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Staying within 1 score of that team, with the returning Heisman winner and a favorite to go back to back, is impressive. They also held them below their season average with 3/4 of the starting defensive backfield out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Jasper_Jester said:

He launched that entire team into the sun and built an entirely different team in the portal. I believe there are fewer than 20 scholarship players from last year on this year's team roster. He fired that whole team, he didn't teach them how to play, he threw tthem away and started over. Last year is irrelevant when talking about Colorado.

Launching  most of old the old team was one of the reasons given before the season why he was going to fail. He is most certainly coaching up this team with the help of well-chosen staff.

20 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Staying within 1 score of that team, with the returning Heisman winner and a favorite to go back to back, is impressive. They also held them below their season average with 3/4 of the starting defensive backfield out. 

This. If it was so obvious how close the game should have been, the line would have been much smaller.

He has not built a championship contender there. He won't blow out any top 10 teams this year. But this is a transformation and re-launch of a moribund football program of impressive proportions. He was unafraid to violate the conventional wisdom. Everyone said he wouldn't win 4 games, and now when he wins more than that, people will say his wins are crappy. It says more about those commenting than about coach.

Edited by Magus Ossis
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

lolllllll not DaBaby, Deion

For those that don’t know who he is or what his “adversity” was. https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkpnpy/dababy-felony-battery-assault-charge-is-the-latest-in-a-long-history-of-controversies

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

43 minutes ago, Jasper_Jester said:

The portal has more trash in it than great players. You are more likely to fail building an entire roster with that than succeed. Also, look at this Omarrion Miller kid coming out of nowhere. Coaching.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The portal has more trash in it than great players. You are more likely to fail building an entire roster with that than succeed.

Especially on the offensive and defensive lines. There's so much depth at "skill" positions, shrewd coaches will always be able to find capable runners, receivers, QBs, etc.

But the big eaters need time to develop, and most of the ones who do, don't hit the portal.

• Hook 'Em 1

Complete nonsense to be arguing that  Coach Prime needs to get to 6 wins and a bowl game in order to be taken seriously. Look back to the arrival of Sark, taking over a team from MensaTom that was at least an order of magnitude better than CU, and posting  a losing record (which MensaTom did not).

The results of the Oregon and USC games make it look like USC is going to get raped and strangled by the Ducks, and left in a ditch to die a cold and lonely death. I, for one, approve.

43 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Launching  most of old the old team was one of the reasons given before the season why he was going to fail. He is most certainly coaching up this team with the help of well-chosen staff.

Certainly, but, people shouldn't give him credit for turning around Colorado's team like he taught those horrible players from last year to play.  The credit should be based on the quality of the team he built from scratch and what they can/can not accomplish in the timeframe since he got the job.

I doubt he is very happy with the results so far.

Edited by Jasper_Jester

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I figured Colorado would score on USC’s shitty defense. I didn’t expect Colorado’s defense to clamp down on USC’s offense as well as they did late in the game. They played them pretty close. You predict that USC will lose 3+ games. 3 games seems about right. They went 11-3 last year and this team seems pretty similar. The rest of the PAC-12 is better this year so USC probably isn’t making the CCG again.

Colorado’s next three are at ASU, Stanford, and at UCLA (after a BYE). Do you think they’re likely to do worse than 2-1 in those games? I don’t. They could win them all and be bowl eligible before November. They’re final 4 are OSU (Homecoming), Arizona, at WSU, and at Utah. I’ll bet they’ll win at least 1 of those games. Maybe 2. I think getting to a bowl is virtually guaranteed. Going 7-5 is certainly a possibility and might be likely. Going 8-4 would be beyond anyone’s wildest dreams.

You’re talking about a 3-loss USC. Surely you’d have to agree that if Deion turns a 1-win Colorado into a 4-loss team in one season, that would be astounding. 7-5 would be amazing. Just taking them to a bowl in his first year will be a resounding success. I’ll bet he’s got at least one more stunning upset win in him that no one saw coming. Funny thing about football, though, he might also have one stunning loss that no one saw coming too. But so far he’s won every game he’s been favored to win so his next upset loss will be his first.

I’ve said on this thread that if Deion gets them to 6-6 that he should win national coach of the year. I’m not diminishing anything happening in Boulder. I just think USC’s defense blows and made a comment on it. 

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Yeah, like I said, my commentary was less towards CU more taking a chance to deride Riley and USC. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Complete nonsense to be arguing that  Coach Prime needs to get to 6 wins and a bowl game in order to be taken seriously. Look bacThe results of the Oregon and USC games make it look like USC is going to get raped and strangled by the Ducks, and left in a ditch to die a cold and lonely death. I, for one, approve.k to the arrival of Sark, taking over a team from MensaTom that was at least an order of magnitude better than CU, and posting  a losing record (which MensaTom did not).

The results of the Oregon and USC games make it look like USC is going to get raped and strangled by the Ducks, and left in a ditch to die a cold and lonely death. I, for one, approve.

USC's defense sucks.  They are going to get raped by Oregon.  They will likely lose to UW and ND too.  So it's not like UC hung with the 2005 USC team 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You’re an entertaining poster, like how you think you’re the smartest mother fucker in the room…..you’re not.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2