Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

Colorado was 1-11 last year with their only win being against a 4-win Cal team that they were 15-pt home dogs against.
Put it into context. TCU is definitely a signature win.

If he gets to 5-7, it's still a hell of a coaching job. But 4-8 is almost certain at this point. More roster churn incoming.

7 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Colorado was 1-11 last year with their only win being against a 4-win Cal team that they were 15-pt home dogs against.

If he gets to 5-7, it's still a hell of a coaching job. But 4-8 is almost certain at this point. More roster churn incoming.

I wouldn't call 5-7 a hell of a coaching job with the portal.  Guys have done that type thing numerous times without the portal.  I think it does show that Deion seems to be a competent head coach at the D1 level.

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I wouldn't call 5-7 a hell of a coaching job with the portal.  Guys have done that type thing numerous times without the portal.  I think it does show that Deion seems to be a competent head coach at the D1 level.

Most of the players in the portal are shit. Last year we took 7 and only 2 have really seen the field. This year we went 3 for 5 with Cat, Mitch, and our punter. 5 out of 12 isn't a good hit rate when you are 1-11 and turning over your entire roster.

8 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Most of the players in the portal are shit. Last year we took 7 and only 2 have really seen the field. This year we went 3 for 5 with Cat, Mitch, and our punter. 5 out of 12 isn't a good hit rate when you are 1-11 and turning over your entire roster.

OK.

20 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Stanford is definitely a signature loss.

Snarky but seriously true. Before this result, 2023 Stanford was about as good as 2022 Colorado. They were rated around 100th in the country. And Colorado blew a 29-0 lead against them at home. I don't think people appreciate how bad this was. Sure everyone understands blowing a huge lead is a choke job. But blowing that lead to that team at home was one of the biggest chokes in the sport's history. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Snarky but seriously true. Before this result, 2023 Stanford was about as good as 2022 Colorado. They were rated around 100th in the country. And Colorado blew a 29-0 lead against them at home. I don't think people appreciate how bad this was. Sure everyone understands blowing a huge lead is a choke job. But blowing that lead to that team at home was one of the biggest chokes in the sport's history. 

And letting 1 receiver go for 300 yards

• Hook 'Em 1

Folks, I'm your host, Tom Casey here with Carla and we welcome back to your favorite game show:
LET'S MOVE THE GOALPOSTS!

It's gonna be hard to top last month's show-stopper:
You fans moved the goalpost from
TCU will destroy Deion's team...
to this classic all-time winner:
TCU isn't any good this year. 
Yes, Carla, that was a gem. 

Okay, Carla, let's take a look at our next entry:
"Deion sucks and won't win a game this year"
That was certainly a bold statement that many brave posters made. We love it!!! 

Now is the turn for our studio audience!
OKAY,  LET'S MOVE THE GOALPOSTS!

Deion isn't even close to having the best turnaround season ever!!!
That's fabulous, Carla. I think we have a winner!!!

• Haha 2

On 10/14/2023 at 12:19 PM, Mittens said:

This is the lack of discipline that will always kill this dude's teams. He needs to grow up and force change, because if his own kid is that undisciplined then it's a direct reflection on him. 

On 10/14/2023 at 9:47 AM, Atticus said:

He also overhauled the roster which everyone knew was a necessity, he just did it like an asshole to the non p5 level dudes that were there. Nevertheless he remade the roster and the biggest piece was a legitimate NFL caliber QB who is his son. Going from a Nebraska level shit QB to a future NFL talent is alone a giant boost. They caught a much worse than last year TCU team by surprise and had a big comeback vs a USC team with no defense. Other than that they've been pretty shit compared to their talent level at QB. I don't think his coaching job as been done all that well. He's been about average at best. 

Edited by Hermanator

14 hours ago, Hermanator said:

This is the lack of discipline that will always kill this dude's teams. He needs to grow up and force change, because if his own kid is that undisciplined then it's a direct reflection on him. 

Were his Jackson State teams known for a lack of discipline when they won their conference his last 2 years there and went 23-3 & 16-0 in conference during that stretch?

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Were his Jackson State teams known for a lack of discipline when they won their conference his last 2 years there and went 23-3 & 16-0 in conference during that stretch?

Not as noticeable when you have a D1/future NFL QB and several D1/future NFL players playing against D3 level competition. 

It makes all the difference in the world when you're playing against the big boys. Ask Charlie Strong and Tom Herman. 

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Not as noticeable when you have a D1/future NFL QB and several D1/future NFL players playing against D3 level competition. 

It makes all the difference in the world when you're playing against the big boys. Ask Charlie Strong and Tom Herman. 

So those teams lacked discipline? You've declared his teams always have a lack of discipline, just want to confirm you followed his teams at Jackson State and that they were undisciplined.