No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]

Parliament

• 3 weeks later...

Tech will have a piecemeal coaching staff lead by new La Tech HC Sonnie Cumbie who played for Leach.

Yes it is going to be strange.

Leach and all his awesome quirkiness aside has fielded some pretty lame bowl teams at times. I predict it to be a pretty sloppy game by both teams.

However that in no way means it doesn't hold the possibility of being rather entertaining.

Edited by BluTechsan
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wouldn't be an another inept performance by a Leach team without him throwing his players under the bus.

Unbridled clown. The idiot should focus more on coaching his players up instead of working on cute schtick and material for post-game pressers. 

https://www.si.com/college/2022/10/23/mississippi-state-mike-leach-players-afraid-alabama-dinosaur-rant

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Wouldn't be an another inept performance by a Leach team without him throwing his players under the bus.

Unbridled clown. The idiot should focus more on coaching his players up instead of working on cute schtick and material for post-game pressers. 

https://www.si.com/college/2022/10/23/mississippi-state-mike-leach-players-afraid-alabama-dinosaur-rant

This is who he always has been.. go to a mid pack program and flash and dazzle at first (winning nothing of substance btw), then its gets old after 4-5 years and he moves on. I bet his next stop is Iowa. 

7 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

This is who he always has been.. go to a mid pack program and flash and dazzle at first (winning nothing of substance btw), then its gets old after 4-5 years and he moves on. I bet his next stop is Iowa. 

As far as I’m concerned, as long as he keeps whipping that aggy backside, he can stay at MissSU for eternity. 

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Yep. Blame the players and tell folksy stories to distract from talk about his coaching deficiencies.

If your players are frightened and unmotivated, Mike, whose fault is that? And when the reporter asks you what you’ll do to get them over their fear, maybe “I don’t know” isn’t the best response.

7 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

Iowa can’t afford to fire Ferentz. His buyout is $42 Million. Bret Bielema is a Hawkeye alum. He’d be a more likely successor when the time comes.

Pirate's one of the funniest coaches ever. May not be the most successful, but he's been getting a nulti-million dollar salary for a good number of years, so I'd have a hard time calling him a loser. He's not any worse than Sark, and he puts on a very entertaining football game at least a few times a year, and I can't recall seeing him slobbering drunk and puking on BMD's wives and daughters.

Even though he  is a Mormon and a Lawyer, I gotta give him a damned good grade. If you don't, you're just a fucking pathetic excuse for a football fan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

In every single game that he has coached where something major has been on the line, he has lost. That's what makes him a loser. The part where he loses.

You should change your handle to Just Pat, and go spend your time petting six toed cats and fishing.

14 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Except for 1

Nothing was on the line there. If he loses that game he's not getting any shit for it. In the defacto big 12 championship game that year, where people actually had some sort of expectation for him to perform well, he got pantsed in Norman. And that's my point.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

In every single game that he has coached where something major has been on the line, he has lost. That's what makes him a loser. The part where he loses.

How many head coaches ever coach more than one game where something major is on the line?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

How many head coaches ever coach more than one game where something major is on the line?

How many times has he even been competitive in one of those games? We're not talking close losses here. I can't remember a time where it wasn't a completely disappointing blowout.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]