No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]

Parliament

I love this quote from Connor Halliday when he was a QB at Washington State

I said to Leach, “What do I need to do to get the ball there on time?” He was like, “Well, just throw it to the guy who’s fucking open.” I was like, “Yeah, no, I get that dude, but what do you want me to do to get there quicker?” And he was like, “I don’t give a shit what you do. Just throw it to the guy who’s fucking open.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 6

A Redditor posted a cut-paste from the MSU 247 board: 

Update from Steve Robertson:

“There is only so much I am willing to post due to the sensitive nature of all of this, but things are not good at this point. I am going to respect Coach and the family's privacy. I have learned some very disturbing details that I will not share at this point. Not everything needs to be printed no matter how bad people want to read it.

I understand Coach has undergone some tests in Jackson and that the situation appears to be dire. Yes, this is a life threatening situation. There is only so much people are going to share due to privacy laws and good decency. I can tell you that it appears Coach needs a miracle. Yes, I have received some of the text messages that are making the rounds, but I am told Coach is still fighting.

Pray, pray, pray!”

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/board/59413/Contents/on-coach-830-pm-update-200233198/?page=1

It’s not hard to read between the lines here. Just fucking heartbreaking man.

ETA: also could a mod edit my post title to include Robbie Faulk from Bulldog24/7

Just want to indicate the tweet is from an insider.

The use of "disturbing details" makes it seem a little more dire than a medical issue.

EDIT: that said, there are rumors of coding multiple times.  I'd characterize that as disturbing.  Prayers for Leach and his family.

Edited by boilerhorn

• immamac changed the title to No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Serious Condition, probably RIP]

This was going around MSU chats:

He did have massive heart attack. He just got out of the cath lab and is up in the ICU now on an ecmo. The fact that he was in the cath lab for so long is worrisome. He's coded multiple times today. I'm told they're worried about the lack of oxygen to his brain. They've had to defib him several times with max power. Hearing it will be a miracle if he makes it."

• immamac changed the title to No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Post Your Favorite Moments]

Were there not rumors floating around toward the end of the season that he would be retiring due to health issues? I’m sure I read that somewhere. After I saw it, I paid attention to him at his games and I thought he looked bad, just worn out and very pale. 

Hoping Leach pulls through. He’s a real character who makes CFB more interesting. 

Edited by Tex Pete

• immamac changed the title to No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]