Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

The OSU game was it's own animal.  Bama game was bad but there were about 10 calls/no calls in that OSU game, combined with the official bumping Charlie and flagging him 15, that made it beyond obvious it was intentional.  

The checks from someone obviously cleared before that game. 

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Already some fuckery

Clearly short on the fourth down catch and they rush ahead and give em an extra foot.

That's if the wr even got his entire foot in bounds for the catch. Very close call to not warrant an automatic review.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

It doesn’t matter. We deserved to lose. But did anyone get a shot of the I think 2nd down play where the ball looked like it bounced a yard short of the Tech receiver? No review there and then no review on the Whittington sideline incompletion which was really close.

im actually good with going back to no replay review. It’s seemingly random and the Cyclones got completely fucked today.

4 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Yep new rules about low blocks include defenders taking on blocks. In this case the db clearly didn't hit the ol below the waist though.  Big 12 refs gonna big 12 ref

It must be a "point of emphasis" this season, but yeah, the Iowa St DB did a great job on that play. F'n flag-happy flank officials.

19 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

They called that right but it's the worst rule in football.  You fumble it forward and it goes out at the 1 it's yours back at the spot of the fumble.  But goes out one yard farther and magically the defense gets the ball.  

Genuinely curious- what's your solution?  The goal line does have magical properties.  See also- goal tending in basketball and rules inside the crease in hockey.

Would you have changed the call to close out the Mizzou- Auburn OT yesterday?

Edited by slorch

5 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

20220925_094115.thumb.jpg.8ec4eb834a21f1a07d497d13c1c668e6.jpg

Rather crucial play. Ensuing tech drive was go ahead fg with 21 seconds left

3rd and 3 at TEX42 No Huddle-Shotgun Card,Hudson pass incomplete short right to Whittington,Jordan.
4th and 3 at TEX42 Trejo,Daniel punt 41 yards to the TTU17, out of bounds at TTU17.
Texas Tech at 05:26
Texas Tech at 05:26

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

was it their 1st 4th down pickup when their receiver look short on the sideline?  set the tone on no reviews for the first time in Big 12 history.

Texas needs to stop playing poorly enough to be in close games where the Refs can make a difference.  The tech game was a total team loss.  The interior OL and WRs struggled on offense, mistakes on special teams, and pretty much the entire defense looked like keystone cops yesterday.

R.e78c541865b7b38a13f85d2998698d9b?rik=E

The whining about refs and victimhood on this site is tiresome, bad calls happen, bad calls have always happened. They don't happen to only us, its league wide issue.

We didnt lose because of the refs, we lost because our coaches puckered and the players got out played

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Smax said:

The whining about refs and victimhood on this site is tiresome, bad calls happen, bad calls have always happened. They don't happen to only us, its league wide issue.

We didnt lose because of the refs, we lost because our coaches puckered and the players got out played

I think you’re missing the point of the thread. Texas plays poorly enough to lose for sure.

This thread is about the complete fuck job big 12 refs continually give Texas. It’s a running history of a conference fucking over its breadwinner.

I thought spotting was a big issue in our game.  For a while it looked like a first down had been changed from 10 to 9 yards the way they were spotting it for Tech.  This has long irritated me.  Put a fucking chip in the ball and get it right every time.  I don't think the casual fan realizes how easy it is to put a thumb on the scale by just eyeballing shit.  There were at least three instances in the first half alone where I thought the chains should have come out, at the very least.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hozz said:

I thought spotting was a big issue in our game.  For a while it looked like a first down had been changed from 10 to 9 yards the way they were spotting it for Tech.  This has long irritated me.  Put a fucking chip in the ball and get it right every time.  I don't think the casual fan realizes how easy it is to put a thumb on the scale by just eyeballing shit.  There were at least three instances in the first half alone where I thought the chains should have come out, at the very least.

How about the 3rd & long when tech hit a receiver that then ran out of bounds, but clearly a yard short. He was also holding out the ball to try and get the 1st...

but was holding it out back towards the line of scrimmage.

57 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

many of you guys will be in shock at  SEC officiating.  Bama gets a lot of close calls. 

Will they also get ones that were made up out of thin air too? If not, then we'll be ahead of the game on that front.

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

watch some SEC games and tell me they're so much better than Big12.  No.  All college crews are lacking in perfection, especially spotting the ball which is critical. 

many of you guys will be in shock at  SEC officiating.  Bama gets a lot of close calls. 

We would play Bama once per year. I can deal with a fuck job once per year.

Every fucking game is what is brutal.

The Big12 refs are the worst in college football. It’s not even close.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Genuinely curious- what's your solution?  The goal line does have magical properties.  See also- goal tending in basketball and rules inside the crease in hockey.

Just return the ball to the offense at the spot of the fumble like you do in every other situation where you fumble it forward out of bounds.  I mean you can't be running at the 30 and just pitch the ball forward out of bounds to the 36 as you are about to be tackled and get it at the 36....you get the ball back at the 30.  Do the exact same thing.  

3 hours ago, slorch said:

There was nothing to be changed in that call, Auburn recovered the Missouri fumble in the endzone.

I do agree that if the fumble had gone out of bounds in the endzone, with no recovery, then it should go back to the offense at the spot of the fumble. 

Where does the fumble rule give the offense the ball if they recover it down the field? (I'm not sure on this)