Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

On 10/8/2023 at 3:55 PM, Uncle Nate said:

Looking forward to next year when you have a "Fuck the SEC refs thread". 

For a team that for decades received game-changing favorable officiating all the time to now ALWAYS complain that they only reason they lost was because of the officiating is so absurdly laughable.

Next year it will be:  The SEC has their refs against us because they don't want us winning it our first year.  I guarantee it.  Can't wait to see it.  

For those unfamiliar with the unwashed…THIS is an example of how/why Tech people are the worst.

This Is The Worst GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/8/2023 at 7:55 AM, BabaYaga said:

First fucking play of the game Texas receives the punt and there’s a face mask.  No call.  Fuckery continued in the form of hold after hold by OU.   Texas had their chances, but to say not allowing the DL pressure the QB consistently as they have all season pisses me the fuck off 

Punt?

belushi.jpg

On 10/7/2023 at 5:23 PM, Zeus said:

Again, the big 12 refs DID NOT call the Alabama game this year when we won and got calls. 

They called it last year where we had a million reviews and a ton of bullshit calls and missed calls against us. 

Scott Campbell

Same crew as today

Are you saying Scott Campbell reffed this game?

6 hours ago, Had Enough said:

@JBJ I got one for you. First drive of 2nd half. 3rd and 2. About the 12:32 mark. No interference as the throw was behind the LOS. But illegal block coming from the outside in?

And just to get you punks rolling, on the second play of the winning drive, who’s got OPI on Stoopsie? The ball still is airborne, and he’s started to block Barron.

Yep. Stoops blocked illegally on pass plays several times. The Sooners coach them to do that. Remember when we got called for that several times upon review a few years back?

There were seriously people here last week saying the Big 12 would officiate OU the same way they do us. Never  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Yep. The Big 12 is disenchanted with OU. It dislikes us. 

The southwest schools fear a dominant Texas, and what it means in overshadowing them. They can live with a dominant OU. 

They all resent the LHN. Schools like OSU think, “We’re putting all our media revenue in the conference kitty, to share. How come Texas gets to hold back?” (Because, even holding back, Texas is providing about 40% of the revenue). 

This attitude permeates the league office. Texas is a “problem” and has been for a while. Now, Texas has even made OU a problem (in their eyes). 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Had Enough said:

@JBJ I got one for you. First drive of 2nd half. 3rd and 2. About the 12:32 mark. No interference as the throw was behind the LOS. But illegal block coming from the outside in?

It's not illegal if the block is with your hands.  There are some helmets bumping into each other, but it's incidental.  The receiver first made contact with his hands.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 3:55 PM, Uncle Nate said:

For a team that for decades received game-changing favorable officiating all the time to now ALWAYS complain that they only reason they lost was because of the officiating is so absurdly laughable.

Next year it will be:  The SEC has their refs against us because they don't want us winning it our first year.  I guarantee it.  Can't wait to see it.  

We’re still waiting for all the examples of game-changing bad calls for Texas. Your post indicates you have a whole bunch you can share.

ISU fans still bitch about the goal line non fumble that may have cost them the game in 2011 or 2013, except our ball carrier’s ass was on the turf before their LB emerged with the ball.

IMG-1506.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Yep. Stoops blocked illegally on pass plays several times. The Sooners coach them to do that. Remember when we got called for that several times upon review a few years back?
There were seriously people here last week saying the Big 12 would officiate OU the same way they do us. Never  

Yes, I remember the review to call OPI on us. I don’t recall seeing that before. It’s been my stance from the get go this season that it wouldn’t necessarily be the Big 12 officials out to get us. It’d just be what has become the norm. And they likely wouldn’t take it out on OU.

In my opinion OU holding on the Oline is not as blatant as it once was. This past weekend the outside WRs were pretty bad. On the one goal line play in which Brooks was held but also whomever 82 was blocking was something. If you’re that blatant in front of the officials, you fear no repercussions. There was a play earlier when the LT held Finkley, Stoops bear hugged Barron and somebody came back on Holmes and pushed him in the back. The two holds were drawn out with an unobstructed view.

Chris Jones of the Chiefs gets a mild choke hold from the Vikings and it earns the Vikings a 10 yard penalty. Sweat/Murphy get caught in a sleeper.choke hold on multiple occasions and not one call.

This is why it is so infuriating. Guys like Poona Ford lose money because of all of the ref fuckery. They don’t have the stats and suddenly they get to the NFL and dominate because officiating is much better.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 10/8/2023 at 6:56 PM, Surly Bevo said:

In case you wanted to check the scorecard

Out of curiosity, for each UT opponent other than Bama, I tallied the flags they received for holding (offensive only) and DPI in their five games against non-UT opponents. Breakdown below. Small sample size and all, but based solely on this, Rice and OU appear to be the only outliers.

Rice

• Holding: 4 total (0.8/game average)
  • DPI: 6 total (1.2/game average)

Wyoming

• OH: 2 total (0.4/game)
  • DPI: 2 total (0.4/game)

Baylor

• OH: 2 total (0.4/game)
  • DPI: 0 total

Kansas

• OH: 3 total (0.6/game)
  • DPI: 2 total (0.4/game)

Oklahoma

• OH: 9 total (1.8/game)
  • DPI: 3 total (0.6/game)
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

We’re still waiting for all the examples of game-changing bad calls for Texas. Your post indicates you have a whole bunch you can share.

ISU fans still bitch about the goal line non fumble that may have cost them the game in 2011 or 2013, except our ball carrier’s ass was on the turf before their LB emerged with the ball.

IMG-1506.png

They still complain about that call after all these years?  Jonathan Gray was obviously down on that play. OU still complains to this day about the officiating in the 1984 game. I hope that I have supplied you guys with the ammunition to combat that one. :)  

Maybe it's a coincidence, but we have lost the last 5 games David Alvarez and his crew have officiated involving us.
-2023 OU
-2022 Texas Tech
-2021 Kansas
-2021 Baylor
-2020 Iowa State

Well he sure didn’t call holding on the 2 pointer versus KU. They didn’t call squat versus Baylor and gave BU credit for touching the punt even though it traveled 40 yards with no discernible change in trajectory.

They don’t really benefit ISU so that was probably fairly called.

On 10/8/2023 at 1:09 PM, Surly Bevo said:

You can see it here

It's too bad there were no refs with a good angle around to see the defender's arm fully extended with hand on the facemask, while Savion's head turned completely perpendicular.  Oh wait.  It was the most obvious facemask in the world, and the refs ignored it.  That's when I knew we were fucked.

image.png.5e0b9e6ca1b05394d4f1a9530a4f4036.png

image.png.c9894a9b37ac9ca2644e49e063e329a9.png

image.thumb.png.19fdd46e12b29a729b4a4e91fbad4b02.png

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, cochamps said:

We got a FG on that drive, right?  A TD would be much better...

We needed to not let the Sooners get the ball back. That PI would have allowed the coaches to be a little more judicial in their play calling to burn time, as they would have only needed 25-30 more yards to get a chip shot FG.

On 10/8/2023 at 1:55 PM, Uncle Nate said:

Fast forward to November when we have a “Fuck Tech” thread.  That’s when you should worry about posting on a Longhorn board.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

7 hours ago, CTC2 said:

How does it work when a conference hires ref’s?  Do the schools get to approve them? Just curious as I guess the SEC is going to have to hire some. 

I think it’s all non-public deliberation. Big XII referees are hired by Tim Weiser, who publicly came out as a Texas-hater. You can imagine the chances of a Texas Ex getting to be a Big XII ref. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, RC Horn said:

They still complain about that call after all these years?  Jonathan Gray was obviously down on that play. OU still complains to this day about the officiating in the 1984 game. I hope that I have supplied you guys with the ammunition to combat that one. :)  

Hell, we still bitch about Grant Teaff’s final game, and that was 31 years ago. 

• Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, statsman said:

I think it’s all non-public deliberation. Big XII referees are hired by Tim Weiser, who publicly came out as a Texas-hater. You can imagine the chances of a Texas Ex getting to be a Big XII ref. 

Who managed to replace Cooper Castleberry with Kevin Mar.

13 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

That game allowed Baylor to go to a bowl (the Copper Bowl) for Teaff’s last game. Texas was one game short of bowl eligibility that year. 

Baylor fans feel good that Teaff was able to go out on a high note. Meanwhile- all the Longhorn seniors were cheated out of a chance to end their careers with a bowl game. They have a right to never fucking forget it. Those officials were assholes. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 10/10/2023 at 7:06 AM, Dennis Taylor said:

Are you saying Scott Campbell reffed this game?

Got em confused, David Alvarez. Scott Campbell was the other juiced up ref that now went to the NFL.

Either way it's the same couple of crews that fuck us constantly. There's 2 of them. Kevin Mar is the other one.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Look at the photo accompanying his column….it clearly shows a Sooner reaching over Worthy’s helmet and grabbing his face guard from the bottom and pulling up like he’s opening a pop top can.

That was on the 4th down play stopped at the one after X caught the pass.

I had to click though to sports and stuff, didn't see the picture really. Cool how this paper is digitized like this though I kind of like the format. 

image.png.85d6ad68b177151b3d0de0c93adf3a0e.png

That's actually kind of cool he is showing how we got fucked on the sports front page like that. 

Either he's gloating or showing how rigged the big 12 is. A better description of the picture would be "big 12 officials ignore obvious facemasks the entire game vs. Texas" 

13 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

fify

I've gotten so sideways I thought it was actually Kurt and I was messing up his name by saying Kirk lmao

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

A bunch of us Olds still bitch about Akers getting hired as head coach instead of Mike Campbell and all the Texas jackets with "FIRE FRED" in white paint/shoe-polish worn to games after that.

What is the difference from a College Football hold and an NFL hold? I ask because I have been watching more NFL recently and they call holding nearly everytime a DE gets passed an OL and the OL holds the DE across the chest. However, it never gets called in Texas games.

Edited by Enemy07

On 10/10/2023 at 3:00 PM, RC Horn said:

I don't have time for it right now but you can scan this for the OU punter going to one knee to field the snap (they punted only 4 times).  The ball should have been downed right there. 

• Rage+1 1

What is the difference from a College Football hold and an NFL hold? I ask because I have been watching more NFL recently and they call holding nearly everytime a DE gets passed an OL and the OL holds the DE across the chest. However, it never gets called in Texas games.

It depends on who the refs want to win and what they bet on.

7 hours ago, Enemy07 said:

There isn't one.  They just don't call it against Texas opponents.

• Hook 'Em 1