Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

12 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Kansas has made a ton of money on their basketball tier 3 rights, and the conference or other member universities never publicly decried that or demanded that they stop. 

Yes.  For those that don't know: Kansas rakes in more media revenue than any SEC or B1G team. #3 in the nation.

Edited by JBJ
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

aggy stirred everybody up about LHN and T3 rights and then hit the door.   Nobody did same with Kansas basketball because as bad as the rest of them are, they are not aggy. Also, conference basketball money isn’t in the same universe as football money. 

The same year Texas launched the LHN, Kansas State sold it's T3 football rights to an online streaming service (which, admitted, was incredibly forward thinking albeit maybe 5 years too early).

It has nothing to do with the sport played or any of that. It's all about money. Simply put, nobody else's T3 rights were worth anywhere near Texas' T3 rights, regardless of sport.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed

I really appreciated that big 12 refs confirmed they know how to call DPI...

the problem is, they continue to only call it on us and never against our opponent.   

Its comical that the only non-big 12 reg crew we faced this year has called just as many DPI calls in that 1 game as we have gotten in the other 7 games combined. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 2

I wish one of these Texas twitter accounts that puts up compilations of plays would put together a compilation of the worst non holding calls in conference games this year.  I'm guessing at least 20 to choose from.  All you can do is laugh at this point at how bad it is.

My seats are in the upper deck, so I usually can't see the fuckery involving holding.  The pics above make it look like yesterday's game was even worse than usual.  Rig 12 refs are encouraged by their WWE Commissioner & crooked deputy commissioner.   That conference needs to be excomunicated from any power grouping until they fix that and games have some sort of integrity.

It's a shame there is no accountability for these frauds.

Edited by cochamps
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, cochamps said:

My seats are in the upper deck, so I usually can't see the fuckery involving holding.  The pics above make it look like yesterday's game was even worse than usual.  Rig 12 refs are encouraged by their WWE Commissioner & crooked deputy commissioner.   That conference needs to be excomunicated from any power grouping until they fix that, and games have some sort of integrity.

The fuckery is a feature not a bug.

And without Texas, it’s only going to be worse.

WWE is actually a pretty apt comparison.

Theres going to be some pretty ‘fun’ outcomes for years to come when teams with the best chance of making the playoffs are playing in close games.

Prepare your anus OSU and KSU when you go against a favored Utah or Arizona or the Colorado Deons.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, cochamps said:

My seats are in the upper deck, so I usually can't see the fuckery involving holding.  The pics above make it look like yesterday's game was even worse than usual.  Rig 12 refs are encouraged by their WWE Commissioner & crooked deputy commissioner.   That conference needs to be excomunicated from any power grouping until they fix that and games have some sort of integrity.

UofH was MUCH worse in the holding department for sure, but it was pretty egregious once again yesterday.  And the one hands to the face call easily should have been holding, but the fact the QB was in the endzone and would have cost BYU a safety, the refs had to figure out something.  

I was especially elated when BYU's coach attempted two time-outs (or times-out) in a row, and Sark was seen using every four letter word on TV.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

The fuckery is a feature not a bug.

And without Texas, it’s only going to be worse.

WWE is actually a pretty apt comparison.

Theres going to be some pretty ‘fun’ outcomes for years to come when teams with the best chance of making the playoffs are playing in close games.

Prepare your anus OSU and KSU when you go against a favored Utah or Arizona or the Colorado Deons.

Gotta come clean on one thing: I stole the WWE from Bobby Burton.  Just feel like it is such a good analogy, I gonna go with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hard Times said:

It may not have been perfect, but Derek Anderson's crew is about the best we're going to get in the B12.They're far better than Mar or Alvarez. I'll take Anderson over anything else in a NY second.

I’ll take Anderson and Vandervelde over Mar any day. 

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

I wish one of these Texas twitter accounts that puts up compilations of plays would put together a compilation of the worst non holding calls in conference games this year.  I'm guessing at least 20 to choose from.  All you can do is laugh at this point at how bad it is.

I wish some reporter would do a story about it and give the issue some exposure.

And I wish some reporter would interview a conference rep and confront them with the evidence and ask questions. 

48 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

It may not have been perfect, but Derek Anderson's crew is about the best we're going to get in the B12.They're far better than Mar or Alvarez. I'll take Anderson over anything else in a NY second.

Absolutely. We're never going to get the holding calls, but that crew yesterday was otherwise competent and, more than that, not hostile.

• Hook 'Em 2

It really doesn’t matter. The conference isn’t going to suddenly change how it officiates the last month of the season.

Though it will be interesting to watch next year to see who becomes the whipping boy(s) of the conference officials. 

2 hours ago, Hard Times said:

That’s akin to picking which flavor of shit tastes better. 

Edited by thunderlounge
  • Like 2

Yeah 30 missed calls against us and 1 went for us really solid by the refs thanks big12!
Imagine a game where the officials just call what they see and aren't even part of the discussion because the game is about the play on the field instead of the refs. It's pretty fun. 
Just compare the Bama game with SEC refs this year vs the Bama game with big12 refs last year. 
It was quite refreshing to see SEC refs calling only the obvious stuff while otherwise just letting the game play out naturally. I have no idea if all the SEC crews are that good, but it was quite a contrast to the imbeciles in the Rig12 who usually add at least a half hour to every game.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I haven’t paid attention to them yet this year but let’s not forget the game day trope by the announcing crew that Kansas state of old was the least penalized team in the league…..as you see them committing penalties right in front of you

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

UofH was MUCH worse in the holding department for sure, but it was pretty egregious once again yesterday.  And the one hands to the face call easily should have been holding, but the fact the QB was in the endzone and would have cost BYU a safety, the refs had to figure out something.  

I was especially elated when BYU's coach attempted two time-outs (or times-out) in a row, and Sark was seen using every four letter word on TV.

There were at least 3 potential calls on that play and certainly not defending those POS refs, but if it's a safety or not is based on where the foul occurred (beginning of the hold for example) not where the QB is. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

It really doesn’t matter. The conference isn’t going to suddenly change how it officiates the last month of the season.

Though it will be interesting to watch next year to see who becomes the whipping boy(s) of the conference officials. 

Texas Tech and Oklahoma State of course.  Habits are hard to break.