Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

Not being a "Debbie Downer" here. However, rig12 refs screw us over in the next game. Tceh gets a better bowl and we get knocked out of contention for something bigger. Rig12 kicks us in the nuts out the door, while gives tceh a gift. I want so badly to get heck out of here. Lets us hope we stuff those tortillas right up the red raiders butts. :)

Luckily Tech sucks even with help from the refs, so I’m less worried about it.

10 hours ago, Smax said:

no watching the game

I dont buy this refs are out to get Texas, had too many back and forths on here shag and HF about and honestly i think you guys who believe that, are out of touch with reality and should seek professional mental health help

I get it, math is hard.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That’s twice now they’ve used that te screen where the linemen jailbreak downfield and the te crosses behind them and appears to catch the ball beyond the los 

In Herman's first season the refs called for replay in 3 straight games to look for this exact situation where it wasn't called live, and guess what- flags each time . 

I haven't seen that before or sense

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

In Herman's first season the refs called for replay in 3 straight games to look for this exact situation where it wasn't called live, and guess what- flags each time . 

I haven't seen that before or sense

pp,840x830-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horn Dogg said:

Luckily Tech sucks even with help from the refs, so I’m less worried about it.

Yeah but how many times have we said that this season only to have the refs keep the other team in the game. At this point I don't know how we can be supremely confident that we can crush anyone unless another league is officiating the game.

2 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

It took Kirk getting to our second to the last official Rig 12 game and the possible championship game to realize this.    Or at least publicly acknowledge it.  Better late than never I guess?   He and the rest of the Longhorn friendly press have never got on the call out the officiating train even when faced with all the evidence.  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

It’ll be a tough game thanks to the refs.  Fuck this conference

We are going to rail tech. This will be a cathartic, punishing game with a lot of emotion. Tech does not want to be there, and the home crowd is going to be all up in their ass. I cannot wait to be there in person and yell myself hoarse. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Nope Rec Specs Scott Campbell, the ref for the Bama game in '22, is now in the NFL believe that or not.  

So is Alan Lack ( I think that’s his last name) who was the white hat for the 2015 Okie State screw over.   Shows that being a stooge and borderline incompetent in the Rig 12 is not a black mark for your resume if trying to get into the NFL.   Kevin Mar should apply because he’d be hired on the spot. 

Just now, hookemATL said:

We are going to rail tech. This will be a cathartic, punishing game with a lot of emotion. Tech does not want to be there, and the home crowd is going to be all up in their ass. I cannot wait to be there in person and yell myself hoarse. 

I feel the same. Senior Night, clinching a 1-loss conference season after beating all the the teams we were scheduled that we are leaving behind. Especially if the Big 12 doesn’t clarify it’s tiebreakers and we have the extra motivation of “win and in.” 

Team should absolutely still be salty about last year too

Just now, Js1 said:

I feel the same. Senior Night, clinching a 1-loss conference season after beating all the the teams we were scheduled that we are leaving behind. Especially if the Big 12 doesn’t clarify it’s tiebreakers and we have the extra motivation of “win and in.” 

Team should absolutely still be salty about last year too

Along with all the BS they spewed last year after beating us in Lubbock.  We should throttle them by 28 plus.  

• Drool 1

Just now, Nueces River Rat said:

Along with all the BS they spewed last year after beating us in Lubbock.  We should throttle them by 28 plus.  

If there’s one thing we can count on, some or many Tech players are going to run their mouth this week. Or Joey himself. And this team feeds off that. 

Embrace the hate 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

It took Kirk getting to our second to the last official Rig 12 game and the possible championship game to realize this.    Or at least publicly acknowledge it.  Better late than never I guess?   He and the rest of the Longhorn friendly press have never got on the call out the officiating train even when faced with all the evidence.  

He asked a good question that led to a Sark soundbite about officiating last week.

5 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

So is Alan Lack ( I think that’s his last name) who was the white hat for the 2015 Okie State screw over.   Shows that being a stooge and borderline incompetent in the Rig 12 is not a black mark for your resume if trying to get into the NFL.   Kevin Mar should apply because he’d be hired on the spot. 

Eck. Alan Eck. Incompetent piece of shit Alan Eck. 

9 hours ago, dcar00 said:

they tried really hard.  bullshit spots and drive killers but we overcame because ISU is a shitty team.

can't wait until we get out of this minor league conference.  It is high school level referees at best.

I agree 1000%. But, watching other games, every conference has just as shitty refs. Their stupid ass calls and non-calls, and dumbassry are nearly equal to b12's.

Edited by EastTexan
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Smax said:

no watching the game

I dont buy this refs are out to get Texas, had too many back and forths on here shag and HF about and honestly i think you guys who believe that, are out of touch with reality and should seek professional mental health help

Dude your fucking recollection of events TWO DECADES AGO has no relevance here. This is not a mentally weak or undisciplined Texas team.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, elguapo said:

All damn game the refs were giving ISU a yard advantage on spots, incredibly blatant. It was also infuriating how the tv crew wouldn’t say anything about the ridiculous officiating last night.

The “3rd and 1” that resulted in a TD was clearly a first down. I also recall a 1st down run by ISU that resulted in a TFL but was instead ruled a gain of 1.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, B00M said:

Dude your fucking recollection of events TWO DECADES AGO has no relevance here. This is not a mentally weak or undisciplined Texas team.

I know we are piling on the dude...

but lets be honest... our offensive line, at times, can be borderline idiotic.    How many false starts have they gotten IN THEIR OWN STADIUM?,,,,,

17 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

The “3rd and 1” that resulted in a TD was clearly a first down. I also recall a 1st down run by ISU that resulted in a TFL but was instead ruled a gain of 1.

I thought the same, but the close up replay shows that his knee did hit before he had fully pivoted, so the correct spot was somewhere upfield from where he landed. But that shot was too tight to get perspective for a good spot. 

13 hours ago, Smax said:

no watching the game

not negging you, sir, but you are living in a parallel simulation

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

How the fuck do any crew from this shit conference actually continue to have jobs? They're literally the worst of the worst. Who holds these dickheads accountable and allows their blatant bullshit bush league to continue? How are they not fucking penalized? What god damn more evidence does their governing board need to see for them to be held accountable and punished?

Because the Rig 12 is run by a bunch of petulant, tinydick, integrity empty, jealous little bitches who were the recipients of daily wedgies all through their schooldays.

• Hook 'Em 6

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

It's not just the calls they make. It's a combination of the calls they make vs the fouls they don't call. If you look at it as a whole picture it's clear. 

Along with the timing of the calls as well. An "innocent" mistake at the "right time" can kill (or fuel) the momentum of a drive.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

So what did Kurt see in this game that was different than all the other rig 12 games over the past decade?

Did he finally have cataract surgery or remove that anti-Texas dick from his mouth?

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

So what did Kurt see in this game that was different than all the other rig 12 games over the past decade?

Did he finally have cataract surgery or remove that anti-Texas dick from his mouth?

I think it’s been a lot more blatant and consistent this year than just a few situations from years past. 

I think this is at least the second conference game in which a personal foul was called in our favor in the last couple of minutes, with the game decided, to throw on a meaningless 15 yards to the opponent stat line. 

the free first down did help us run out the clock but it was still academic at that point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think this is at least the second conference game in which a personal foul was called in our favor in the last couple of minutes, with the game decided, to throw on a meaningless 15 yards to the opponent stat line. 

the free first down did help us run out the clock but it was still academic at that point. 

Matt Campbell didn't act like it was academic.  He went apoplectic and yelled Fuck You to the ref.  

22 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Because the Rig 12 is run by a bunch of petulant, tinydick, integrity empty, jealous little bitches who were the recipients of daily wedgies all through their schooldays.

Who, next year, will get to enjoy Okie Lite vs. Utah as their conference’s most watched game.

TX and blowu have been propping up this conference for the past decade. Fuck them and fuck ou.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

Refs were doing their best in the 1st half to give ISU the opportunity to take the lead. When it became clear they couldn’t do it, even with help, in the 3Q they evened it up a little bit at the end. I will say though. That illegal formation penalty was a killer for ISU. Correctly called, but not one that I expected.

Sark should probably get credit for that call as he was standing right beside the ref who called it. Probably had to crawl up his ass to get him to do his job. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

Sark should probably get credit for that call as he was standing right beside the ref who called it. Probably had to crawl up his ass to get him to do his job. 

Sark has had to the officials jobs for them numerous times this season. There are probably 15 instances that matchup with what you described from last night. Infuriating but at least Sark is holding them accountable in the moment. 

7 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Sark has had to the officials jobs for them numerous times this season. There are probably 15 instances that matchup with what you described from last night. Infuriating but at least Sark is holding them accountable in the moment. 

Yes and the shitty thing about it is these aren’t the subjective calls, it’s the obvious ones. Also, I think the defenses we’re playing are doing something to simulate the snap count. I’ve seen offensive linemen visibly frustrated pointing at the defense numerous times after a false start. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

tceh 08

the laws of physics in this version of the simulation do not permit that body posture without the concept of holding

Shit, that's minor for Tech.  They blatantly hold and get away with it on just about every passing play against Texas.  

Been that way since the Pirate days.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

It wasn’t even red who called it. Review booth actually stepped in 

I don’t think so according to the broadcast they said a flag was dropped along the far sideline. But I wouldn’t be surprised either bc it took a long time to get the call. 

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Anyone see Florida/Mizzou last night? UF got fucked over something fierce at the end. I don’t think the lack of holding calls is unique to the big 12

It is against us.  Just look at the stats from last night and other games before on how many are called against TX vs for TX.

And they are usually called on us at very pivotal moments.

"Touchdown!  Oh, wait, there's a flag in the backfield.  Let's check this out..."

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 2