Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Gomert is getting fat on that DC teat, he wouldn't come back to Austin to slum it up in state government.

Didn’t he retire and run for AG in the republicans primary last cycle?

19 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I worked for AG Dan Morales before he went to prison. Jim Mattox had legal woes before that... let's keep this tradition rolling for this scumbag with the wandering eye.

Quite the row of heroes! (Fixed, thanks the eagle eye of our resident librarian!)

Edited by DalTxHornFan

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

can anyone give us dum dums a quick recap of what's going? I read through (quickly) but I could use a dumbed down version

The House has been looking into Paxton's dealings that have been well-known, but it looked like no one was doing anything about it.

The House General Investigating Committee had a meeting scheduled earlier this week to discuss their findings. Right before that, Paxton sent out the notice about Phelan being drunk and that Phelan should be resign. That was a bomb that one prominent Republican was calling out another Republican leader.

But then at the meeting, the committee aired all the dirty laundry (See the allegations here: https://www.texastribune.org/2023/05/24/ken-paxton-abuse-power-house-investigation-texas/), which made any sort of allegation of being drunk on the House floor look like a speeding ticket by comparison.

Then there is a dumpster fire at the TX Attorney General office where papers are obviously part of the dumpster contents.

Today, the House GI Committee unanimously voted to push for impeachment in the House. All chatter is that they have plenty of votes to do it.

2 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

welp now I gotta watch that movie again for the umpteenth time. 

is this motherfucker gonna go to actual jail? Impeachment/removal is nice but I’d like to see him do time for you know…doing crimes. 

I would think if he were impeached and removed that a lot of the protection he has had would be gone... and it would be much easier to move forward with any sort of legal action.

2 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

The House has been looking into Paxton's dealings that have been well-known, but it looked like no one was doing anything about it.

The House General Investigating Committee had a meeting scheduled earlier this week to discuss their findings. Right before that, Paxton sent out the notice about Phelan being drunk and that Phelan should be resign. That was a bomb that one prominent Republican was calling out another Republican leader.

But then at the meeting, the committee aired all the dirty laundry (See the allegations here: https://www.texastribune.org/2023/05/24/ken-paxton-abuse-power-house-investigation-texas/), which made any sort of allegation of being drunk on the House floor look like a speeding ticket by comparison.

Then there is a dumpster fire at the TX Attorney General office where papers are obviously part of the dumpster contents.

Today, the House GI Committee unanimously voted to push for impeachment in the House. All chatter is that they have plenty of votes to do it.

I would think if he were impeached and removed that a lot of the protection he has had would be gone... and it would be much easier to move forward with any sort of legal action.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

I lean hard R, but I've never been a fan of Paxton.  Just way too much stink on him.  And there is no amount of money that would be worth advocating on behalf of Nate Paul.  I'm not saying that Nate Paul is tied up with the Mexican drug syndicates or anything like that.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I lean hard R, but I've never been a fan of Paxton.  Just way too much stink on him.  And there is no amount of money that would be worth advocating on behalf of Nate Paul.  I'm not saying that Nate Paul is tied up with the Mexican drug syndicates or anything like that.

Never been a fan may not be “I’ve never voted for him”. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

No Way Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

He is getting impeached.  Committee voted out articles to file with chief clerk of House.  House impeaches, Senate removes.  eat a bowl of fuck you lazy eyed cunt.

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

14 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Is there any way Phelan has the votes?

9 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

You think they started this shit without the votes?  

They may not have "had the votes" before the actual investigation started, but they had a pretty good sense that if the investigation played out the way people expected (based on what was publicly known) that they'd have the votes, and obviously they'd have the Dems.

Neighbor who works with a legislator (but in a law firm, outside of his legislative duties) hasn't talked to the guy he works with about this directly (and wouldn't tell me if he did), but he is convinced that the writing was on the wall when they chose not to help Paxton with the payment to the whistleblowers back in March. He said that was the warning shot across Paxton's bow, and that pissed Paxton off, and also made it clear Paxton was out of friends in the legislature.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Maybe, but typically when you're going after a high ranking member of your own party, you make sure you have the votes before you go nuclear.

I'm pretty sure he's close, but I wonder if it gets down to voting if there are some weak votes. They better be locked down solid for something like this.

Edit reply.

Don't get my hopes up 

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Was picking on Dade really the straw that broke the camel's back? Feels like they know some federal shit is about to come down and they want to get far, far away from this assclown. 

Doubt it, just delicious timing - Paxton has been publicly pissed at Phelan since at least March when Phelan let it be known that they weren't going to help Paxton out. I think in February, Paxton had reached a settlement and asked the courts to hold off until he could get the legislature to write a check, which they didn't do, and put him back in hot water.

This has been building up, and yeah, the feds are investigating him over the Nate Paul stuff, so he's fucked. No way Nate Paul stays quiet.

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Maybe, but typically when you're going after a high ranking member of your own party, you make sure you have the votes before you go nuclear.

Yep. And they know Paxton won't go down without trying to drag them down.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

I'm pretty sure he's close, but I wonder if it gets down to voting if there are some weak votes. They better be locked down solid for something like this.

Edit reply.

Don't get my hopes up 

The legislature wouldn't back him on a measly $3.3 million payout to the whistleblowers.

And none of the legislators want him around when the fed stuff happens over the whistleblower allegations. That cartel stench will hang heavily on Paxton.

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

welp now I gotta watch that movie again for the umpteenth time. 

is this motherfucker gonna go to actual jail? Impeachment/removal is nice but I’d like to see him do time for you know…doing crimes. 

My question: Is the drunk dude going to get to vote at all on Paxton's impeachment?  Cuz that would be sweet.  

• Haha 1

On 5/24/2023 at 4:07 PM, Brisketexan said:

Solid trio of back-to-back-to-back pure truth.

Our next AG will be unspeakably bad.  Because MAGA GQP, and Abbott appointing.

It will be someone even worse than Paxton.  It will be his biggest sycophant at the AGs office and there are some terrible fucking people over there. Like terribly stupid and equally awful human beings. 

• Like 2

Dan Marino Holy Shit GIF

Paxton's rep is angry that the House investigators never talked to Paxton and his people during the investigation and blindsided Paxton.

I'm sure Paxton's office always talked to people it was investigating while it was investigating them.

And Paxton is making this about the legislature trying to overturn the 2022 election.

Lest we forget: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._Pennsylvania

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 1