Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

27 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Nope, that's apparently his son.  This is his dad:

screen-shot-2020-09-24-at-2-16-25-pm.png

After his parents put him in charge of the foundation, he got busted for cocaine possession, and it later came out that he had paid four different women settlements for sexual harassment at both the foundation and his dad's company.  He was apparently the Colin Farrell character from Horrible Bosses. 

That foundation was among the biggest and easily the most prominent donors to TXST (SWT then IIRC), and when he got named chairman, Texas State disassociated themselves.  

Wow

smh...

Speaking against impeachment, Rep. Tony Tinderholt, R-Arlington, called the process “wrong.”

“Don’t end our session this way. Don’t tarnish this institution,” Tinderholt said. “Don’t cheapen the act of impeachment. Don’t undermine the will of the voters. Don’t give Democrats another victory handed to them on a silver platter.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

12 minutes ago, WBT said:

Holy shit, 121-23-2.  I didn't think it would be that bad.

11 minutes ago, WBT said:

So Rs voted roughly 3-1 to impeach?

Yep, and shocked that Cain and Troxy voted for it.

If he's got Cain and a lot of the other MAGAs against him, I'm guessing the Senate will convict, since they'll have the actual witnesses under oath, etc., and given how much of it's already public, it'll be hard to dispute that.

Also, Paxton's defenders in the House today didn't deny his wrongdoings, they just wanted to slow roll things. That was very telling to me - none would go on record saying Paxton was honest/good.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Wow

Well, Walt Jr. is evidently the chairman of the foundation now.  And the drug dude appears to be his uncle, Scott.

Very confusing.  Everything says Roy III, the kid with CP and Walt Jr, is the son of Roy Jr.  The old man's obit only mentions one son, Scott, 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Countdown until Paxton claims the vote was rigged?  I mean, I hear a lot of them were wanting to say "I vote no to this terrible travesty of hearsay, and hearsay on hearsay, and dare I say, hearsay on hearsay on hearsay," but were cut off after their first syllable and counted as "Aye" votes.  WITCH HUNT!

3 minutes ago, TexLonghorn said:

Countdown until Paxton claims the vote was rigged?  I mean, I hear a lot of them were wanting to say "I vote no to this terrible travesty of hearsay, and hearsay on hearsay, and dare I say, hearsay on hearsay on hearsay," but were cut off after their first syllable and counted as "Aye" votes.  WITCH HUNT!

I gotta give the MAGA contingent credit, they really tried to create an impression that Paxton had more support in the House than he actually did.

What does Paxton have to say?

FxKqNxTWwAAwgyB?format=jpg&name=small

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

“Phelan's coalition of Democrats and liberal Republicans is now in lockstep with the Biden Administration,“

You heard it here first ladies and gents - Paxton says there’s 62 liberal Republicans in the House,

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 4

121-23 vote for impeachment. He is relieved of duty immediately.

How will it go in the senate? In this timeline? Presume the worst.

And even if convicted and removed from office, he’ll just run again. And win. Handily. Because the criminality is part of the point. By electing a contemptible criminal, the GQP base (which is now ALL GQP voters) tells the minority (in texas, that’s all non-GQP voters) “fuck you, you can’t do anything about it.” It’s about a raw display of power and its partner, complete contempt for anyone not in the in-power group.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So, the Senate needs to convict, and then Texas gets AG Briscoe Cain, right?

I believe the policy is that the position will go to whomever finishes last in the most recent TAG Republican primary.  And that would be...Louis B. Gohmert Jr.

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

"Let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that Liberal Dade Phelan doesn't know what he's doing," Paxton said (repeatedly). "He knows exactly what he's doing

Yes he does.  And he's whipping your ass, fatboy.

27 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I was going through the list to look up those who voted against and came to a speedbump on C.E. Harris and C.J. Harris, both Republicans. There's a Caroline and a Cody. The former represents eastern Round Rock, Hutto, and Taylor while Cody is from Palestine.

Does anyone know which of the two voted against impeachment? tia

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

123 to whatever…so the senate has no excuse but to take it up, it’s bipartisan AF. Dudes going down hardy 

Well yeah, Paxton was gonna drag his teammates into his mess and they're cutting him the fuck out before he can make things worse. 

Maybe after all this, Paxton will face some sort of comeuppance for his still pending 2015 indictments