Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

You’re telling me a&m learned nothing from Chris Marshall? I’m shocked. 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

These people truly are complete idiots.  1st off, Washington has never been a composite 4* and his composite went up two days ago.

Screenshot_20230704_194429_Chrome.jpg

no more BOMC? Thought our guys all went up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Jimbo can make big promises right now based on an offense that recruits have never seen before. That wears off in the fall when they watch Jimbo and Petrino fighting over a turd sandwich on the sidelines.

And of course bags. 

But Stewart wasn’t a simple cash transaction. As many have pointed out, Texas would have matched. Stewart picked aggy because of money AND Jimbo let’s him do whatever the hell he wants. At aggy he can skip classes and practice with zero repercussions.

It’s a unique advantage aggy currently enjoys. 

13 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

imagine being a composite 5+ player, a composite top 5 WR in the country, looking at Jimbo Fisher's offense over the last 20+ years, looking at his history with WRs being drafted, looking at his results with early playing time for WR, looking at his stats for young blue chip WR, looking at the complexity of his offense, looking at the shitshow that is Petrino / Fisher, looking at College Station and saying "yeah, that's for me!"

Star Wars Good Luck GIF

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Every dollar aggy boosters spend loading up on DL and WR while they are still running the current iteration of the Circus of the 3 Stars is another dollar unavailable to buy Jimbo out, hire his replacement, and/or fund NIL for a future team that might theoretically have a functional coaching staff.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, NoName said:

imagine being a composite 5+ player, a composite top 5 WR in the country, looking at Jimbo Fisher's offense over the last 20+ years, looking at his history with WRs being drafted, looking at his results with early playing time for WR, looking at his stats for young blue chip WR, looking at the complexity of his offense, looking at the shitshow that is Petrino / Fisher, looking at College Station and saying "yeah, that's for me!"

Star Wars Good Luck GIF

Step 1: secure initial bag (check)

Step 2: get on field, flash just enough early in first year to catch the eye of other schools

Step 3: by late October when the aggy rollercoaster has gone off the cliff, do something stupid on social media while squarely putting the blame for any indiscretions on Jimbo's lack of program control/under-utilization of your skills do to his inept offense/infighting between Jimbo and Petrino

Step 4: enter portal and profit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, yeah. Still dumb. Unless your idea of a great way to spend your 19th year of life (which, by the way, is very hard to get back once spent) consists in smoking weed in your dorm room in a soviet-style people-storage unit in College Station.

Edited by Magus Ossis
  • Haha 1

There have been quite a few stories now about A&M players being baked, such as before class, in the locker room after a game, etc.

While drug use is everywhere in college football, including at Texas, I do wonder whether recruits see more prolific use and a more loose and out of control culture at A&M vs other schools. It certainly seems that way.  That definitely would attract a certain type of player and repel another type, and explains a lot of the problems they’ve had. I haven’t seen any indication they even realize they may have a problem. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Dbeasy said:

There have been quite a few stories now about A&M players being baked, such as before class, in the locker room after a game, etc.

While drug use is everywhere in college football, including at Texas, I do wonder whether recruits see more prolific use and a more loose and out of control culture at A&M vs other schools. It certainly seems that way.  That definitely would attract a certain type of player and repel another type, and explains a lot of the problems they’ve had. I haven’t seen any indication they even realize they may have a problem. 

I mean, Jimbo's thing going back to FSU was to let the players run shit, for good or ill. 

28 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

They can go to aggie, get paid big, not be held accountable, and then transfer.

I love how Billy assumes that "others in the state of Texas" aka Longhorn fans are somehow triggered at them landing a receiver out of Alabama. Good for them if the guy is a player, but wake me up when Jimbo produces a draft pick not named Evan Stewart. 

On 7/4/2023 at 5:34 PM, Ghost of Shag said:

How the hell is A&M pulling receivers? Jimbo hasn’t in his history developed a receiver worth a shit.

because dameyune craig is one of the best coaches in all of college football bitch

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I love how Billy assumes that "others in the state of Texas" aka Longhorn fans are somehow triggered at them landing a receiver out of Alabama. Good for them if the guy is a player, but wake me up when Jimbo produces a draft pick not named Evan Stewart. 

Bama wanted nothing to do with him. Chris Marshall was a roaring success for aggy last year.

Oh, Billy, you literary giant.

image.png.70b4fd9e3652560fbe0bec1e92269f63.png

image.png.b6fd7fc5a6a3e93dd1906493b3f8b050.png

image.png.503fb5e648cd0e5a003fe70363fd66a2.png

image.png.702072011308642839da179891d15c59.png

image.png.dc6efc83cc27b712a8f2adba983619c4.png

image.png.be9c6a1afbd80e92d88475065b8d072e.png

[I don't know what that means.]

image.png.33669d5f9e3d9444c193a3bf25f676c3.png

image.png.7c4b075c2f4c867a7c44dd2ea39691fb.png

The man's a living breathing thesaurus and poet.

I think momentum actually suggests excitement around a program. Is anybody excited about A&M and their future outside of Texags?

Now for some insight you can only get from a 50 year old man in a t-shirt and thousand yard stare.

image.png.2032025dbddd26f46eaefdd4332ad85b.png

Thanks, Billy! Who would think to watch a football players wearing pads or note size. Ground-breaking shit here, man.

image.png

spacer.png

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Pretty sure that wasn't Jimbo who produced Stewart. 

19 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Oh, Billy, you literary giant.

image.png.70b4fd9e3652560fbe0bec1e92269f63.png

image.png.b6fd7fc5a6a3e93dd1906493b3f8b050.png

image.png.503fb5e648cd0e5a003fe70363fd66a2.png

image.png.702072011308642839da179891d15c59.png

image.png.dc6efc83cc27b712a8f2adba983619c4.png

image.png.be9c6a1afbd80e92d88475065b8d072e.png

[I don't know what that means.]

image.png.33669d5f9e3d9444c193a3bf25f676c3.png

image.png.7c4b075c2f4c867a7c44dd2ea39691fb.png

The man's a living breathing thesaurus and poet.

I think momentum actually suggests excitement around a program. Is anybody excited about A&M and their future outside of Texags?

Now for some insight you can only get from a 50 year old man in a t-shirt and thousand yard stare.

image.png.2032025dbddd26f46eaefdd4332ad85b.png

Thanks, Billy! Who would think to watch a football players wearing pads or note size. Ground-breaking shit here, man.

image.png

spacer.png

Damn, that's not just a bingo, that 's a blackout.

9 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

If you had to live on that campus, you just might be on drugs too.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, NoName said:

Star Wars Good Luck GIF

I was looking at 5-star receivers who went off the beaten path over the past decade and this one is up there. Obviously, Travis Hunter is in a category of his own, but that one doesn’t even strike me as that weird given his unique skill set, the cult of personality around Deion and JSU at the time, nil considerations, and the specialty training he could receive from his coach. Bru’s shitshow, while hilariously bizarre, was not too illogical given the circumstances presented. That left me with four guys who roughly fit my criteria—Laquan Treadwell, Robbie Rhodes (admittedly not a great fit), Speedy Noil, and Demetris Robertson. 

Robertson‘s is easily the most baffling case: 5-star wr from GA turns down Kirby Smart and Nick Saban to go play for Sonny Dykes on the other side of the country. He was in the portal less than two years later. Hudson (even as a legacy) is doing a really nice revival of that production—apparently choosing a middling air raid system over virtually every top-tier school in the country.

It’s not hard to see the similarities between Coleman’s decision and Noil’s a decade ago. Top ten overall recruit from the heart of SEC country, rumors of behavioral issues, and a somewhat surprising commitment to the aggies. It really is interesting how strikingly similar some aspects of Sumlin’s and Fisher’s tenure are. And hey, one advantage Jimbo has over Summy is that the killer receiver he signed back in the day was actually acquitted in his murder trial..point Jimbo.

Let’s hope, for these kids’ sake, that their career arcs don’t mimic those of their football forebears.

——————

“You could see some snaps with three 5-star receivers on the field and a 5-star talent..”

Here’s the thing, Bill—you could’ve seen that at any point last year if Demas wasn’t a complete fuck up, Marshall wasn’t his mirror image, Jimbo didn’t give up on Cupp, or he didn’t decide to sit Moose for an entire game because of a wardrobe decision. You know, if Jimbo could have simply been a competent head football coach? The real question is—can those fledgling 5-stars stymie their moronic bullshittery long enough to get on the field together? As the Bard once said, “what’s past is prologue.” We’ll see..

• Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, SamMan said:

I was looking at 5-star receivers who went off the beaten path over the past decade and this one is up there. Obviously, Travis Hunter is in a category of his own, but that one doesn’t even strike me as that weird given his unique skill set, the cult of personality around Deion and JSU at the time, nil considerations, and the specialty training he could receive from his coach. Bru’s shitshow, while hilariously bizarre, was not too illogical given the circumstances presented. That left me with four guys who roughly fit my criteria—Laquan Treadwell, Robbie Rhodes (admittedly not a great fit), Speedy Noil, and Demetris Robertson. 

Robertson‘s is easily the most baffling case: 5-star wr from GA turns down Kirby Smart and Nick Saban to go play for Sonny Dykes on the other side of the country. He was in the portal less than two years later. Hudson (even as a legacy) is doing a really nice revival of that production—apparently choosing a middling air raid system over virtually every top-tier school in the country.

It’s not hard to see the similarities between Coleman’s decision and Noil’s a decade ago. Top ten overall recruit from the heart of SEC country, rumors of behavioral issues, and a somewhat surprising commitment to the aggies. It really is interesting how strikingly similar some aspects of Sumlin’s and Fisher’s tenure are. And hey, one advantage Jimbo has over Summy is that the killer receiver he signed back in the day was actually acquitted in his murder trial..point Jimbo.

Let’s hope, for these kids’ sake, that their career arcs don’t mimic those of their football forebears.

——————

“You could see some snaps with three 5-star receivers on the field and a 5-star talent..”

Here’s the thing, Bill—you could’ve seen that at any point last year if Demas wasn’t a complete fuck up, Marshall wasn’t his mirror image, Jimbo didn’t give up on Cupp, or he didn’t decide to sit Moose for an entire game because of a wardrobe decision. You know, if Jimbo could have simply been a competent head football coach? The real question is—can those fledgling 5-stars stymie their moronic bullshittery long enough to get on the field together? As the Bard once said, “what’s past is prologue.” We’ll see..

Christian Kirk was a 5* who had a really good career for us on teams that were middling. And he’s had a good pro career, making money and being pretty drama-free. 

Rakhim Jarrett signed with Maryland, he was from the area but usually the DC/Maryland ground gets picked over by the real B1G/ACC/SEC powers before the Terps get their guys, not a lot of 5* players end up there. He played a lot but for sure didn’t have a 5* career and ended up as an UDFA. 

A bit outside your window but DGB surprised a lot of people by staying home at Mizzou and we know how that turned out. Stefon Diggs also ended up at Maryland when he could have gone anywhere playing for Edsall and didn’t have amazing stats, but has had a successful pro career with some recent drama.