Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

9 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

So nothing coming from Nolen being named in the Tennessee investigation?  I would think a specific player being named as receiving impermissible benefits would result in some sort of penalty for the player.    

They may not ever say publicly, but maybe they cooperated with the investigation in exchange for no punishment?

2 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

They may not ever say publicly, but maybe they cooperated with the investigation in exchange for no punishment?

I would think that would have kept his name out of the press though.  Oh well, NCAA probably just figured Jimbo would handle it with an appropriate in-house punishment.  

• Haha 1

That Answers to FAQ section is dire.

I don't know about any running backs, but he will be so awesome!

The pool party wasn't the cornucopia that I believed it would be, it's almost as if something changed.. 

They aren't out of it for Simmons or Durham, you heard it here first folks. 

They aren't out of it for Dominick McKinley, you heard it here first folks, folks. 

Strong move made for Kobe Black, most likely a power thrust vice grip squeeze combination. 

• Haha 2

I thought we were the only ones calling it Pool Party as a joke.

And yes, that is bleak.

They've convinced themselves that their pool party is something far more special than other pool parties. This pathetic guy has say both "well, I got it wrong on the 2.5 recruits committing at Pool Party," and "this guy was at Pool Party, so you know he has to be interested in a big way" even though there is no other evidence.

It's pretty clear their pool party wasn't special and was maybe even a dud. We've seen Jimbo "Mr. Hanes V-neck" Fisher looking pretty rough this off season. We've also seen Liucci looking despondent despite his words of sunshine. 

It all points to a largely limp level of enthusiasm or optimism. Sure, a few national championship level practices like Jimbo conducted at FSU can turn this whole thing around, but this is looking and sounding like a shit show.

Anyway, I was wondering how the Texags Aggies will handle this failure of Pool Party and Jimbo. My guess is that they amp up the talk of others negative recruiting and using bagmen. They never concede that anything might just be a little wrong with one of their traditions.

4 hours ago, Deej said:

Oh, but it is...

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

That is such a great SNL commercial.

I feel like SNL wasn’t really doing fake commercials in the late ‘80s to early ‘90s and then they made this one and it was hilarious. 

Fairly certain I was waiting tables the night of this episode and it was a bit later and I was trying to watch the TV while keeping an eye on my tables and I couldn’t figure out whether this was SNL or a commercial with some of the cast. 

Then laughter near the TV ensued. 

Just so blunt and funny. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I feel like SNL wasn’t really doing fake commercials in the late ‘80s to early ‘90s and then they made this one and it was hilarious. 

Fairly certain I was waiting tables the night of this episode and it was a bit later and I was trying to watch the TV while keeping an eye on my tables and I couldn’t figure out whether this was SNL or a commercial with some of the cast. 

Just so blunt and funny. 

No commercials? Huh? Off the top of my head - Colon Blow, Happy Fun Ball (do not taunt Happy Fun Ball) and Big Red (can’t remember specific name maybe, but the toy that spewed blood) and I am sure there are 15 I’m forgetting. That said, Schmitt’s Gay was awesome. 

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2023-08-05-08-31-18-15_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-08-05-08-31-24-16_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I honestly expected more for ATM at their pool party in terms of commitments. At least Bussey. It’s clear that thing was a pure money grab. They’re going to have to go way above what anyone has discussed for McKinley and I doubt that happens. They’re also going to have to do something stupid to get Black. That’s at least under consideration. Texags knows that as well, which is why they’re acting like they have a chance with Black. If Texas is getting Mack, Texas won’t be idiotic with the second guy on their board. 

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No commercials? Huh? Off the top of my head - Colon Blow, Happy Fun Ball (do not taunt Happy Fun Ball) and Big Red (can’t remember specific name maybe, but the toy that spewed blood) and I am sure there are 15 I’m forgetting. That said, Schmitt’s Gay was awesome. 

I honestly expected more for ATM at their pool party in terms of commitments. At least Bussey. It’s clear that thing was a pure money grab. They’re going to have to go way above what anyone has discussed for McKinley and I doubt that happens. They’re also going to have to do something stupid to get Black. That’s at least under consideration. Texags knows that as well, which is why they’re acting like they have a chance with Black. If Texas is getting Mack, Texas won’t be idiotic with the second guy on their board. 

Bass o matic shall not be forgotten sir: 

image.gif.4255f4894733f7cb15d1668eb5a95055.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheAuditor said:

Ha, I thought about adding the Bass O Matic but decided to stick with the late 80’s/early 90’s call out. That one may have started them off for all I know. I didn’t get to start watching SNL until the second half of the 80’s. 

2 hours ago, TheAuditor said:

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Ha, I thought about adding the Bass O Matic but decided to stick with the late 80’s/early 90’s call out. That one may have started them off for all I know. I didn’t get to start watching SNL until the second half of the 80’s. 

Bass-o-Matic was likely the first sketch performed as a commercial, but I can’t remember any sticking that were filmed and then shown during the show as a commercial right after a sketch, like Schmitt’s Gay.

There may have been some in the ‘80s that were filmed, but Schmitt’s Gay was in 1991, I think, and I know that they have filmed fake commercials ever since  

The Torino’s Pizza Rolls 3 Super Bowl arch is a pretty funny watch. Mom Jeans, Bad Idea Jeans, Alexa Silver is near-and-dear to my heart with the number of old people in my family I have had the misfortune to live and care for.   

1 hour ago, cafe society said:

"I thought, sure, I could use a condom... but when was I going to be in Haiti again?"

Feel like this was at least well into the 1990s, if not 2000s.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Bass-o-Matic was likely the first sketch performed as a commercial, but I can’t remember any sticking that were filmed and then shown during the show as a commercial right after a sketch, like Schmitt’s Gay

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Deej said:

This is the Optimus Prime of all SNL commercials shot on film as a legit commercial.

Don't know why I forgot about this one considering how many times I've linked it, but it is the first (probably) and arguably the best (probably).

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Just so blunt and funny. 

C’mon. Colon Blow and Happy Fun Ball were sometime back then. I do think the commercials were pretty infrequent. 

edit: I see ctj mentioned them. 

I always enjoyed “Oops I Crapped My Pants,” but that was a little later.

Edited by Tex Pete

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

This is the Optimus Prime of all SNL commercials shot on film as a legit commercial.

Don't know why I forgot about this one considering how many times I've linked it, but it is the first (probably) and arguably the best (probably).

Disagree. Super colon blow and angora bouquet were much better.

Quick thoughts following A&M’s practice

Carter Karels

("The offensive line is still my biggest concern. ... But man, it was not great for the OL today. ...") 👀  👀  👀 

Spoiler

Carter Karels

I’ll have more later, but just a few quick thoughts before I head home and write some takeaways.

1. The Noah Thomas hype is VERY much real. He’s going to be a major big-play threat in this offense. Evan Stewart was very impressive as well.

2. Reuben Owens. Wow. He does not look like a freshman. Great vision and patience, but I might be most impressed with his hands.

3. Weigman and Johnson seemed about even. But they were in shells and not going live.

4. As I alluded a couple days ago, the cornerback competition is one to watch. Freshman Jayvon Thomas and BC transfer Josh DeBerry got a lot of first-team reps. Grimes barely ran with the 1s. I’m not sure he lined up with the 1s at all today.

5. The offensive line is still my biggest concern. It’s tough to take much away from 1-on-1 drills, especially when they aren’t in full pads. But man, it was not great for the OL today. Lots of bad reps. However, I really liked what I saw from Kam Dewberry.

6. Scholarship players who were not full participants in practice: Reuben Fatheree, Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy, Jared Kerr, Demani Richardson.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Carter Karels

("The offensive line is still my biggest concern. ... But man, it was not great for the OL today. ...") 👀  👀  👀 

Hide contents

Carter Karels

I’ll have more later, but just a few quick thoughts before I head home and write some takeaways.

1. The Noah Thomas hype is VERY much real. He’s going to be a major big-play threat in this offense. Evan Stewart was very impressive as well.

2. Reuben Owens. Wow. He does not look like a freshman. Great vision and patience, but I might be most impressed with his hands.

3. Weigman and Johnson seemed about even. But they were in shells and not going live.

4. As I alluded a couple days ago, the cornerback competition is one to watch. Freshman Jayvon Thomas and BC transfer Josh DeBerry got a lot of first-team reps. Grimes barely ran with the 1s. I’m not sure he lined up with the 1s at all today.

5. The offensive line is still my biggest concern. It’s tough to take much away from 1-on-1 drills, especially when they aren’t in full pads. But man, it was not great for the OL today. Lots of bad reps. However, I really liked what I saw from Kam Dewberry.

6. Scholarship players who were not full participants in practice: Reuben Fatheree, Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy, Jared Kerr, Demani Richardson.

Lollll at Tony Grimes getting second team behind a freshman.

• Haha 4