Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

"Guys. We're awesome everyone and we don't really have any weaknesses on the roster on the offensive side of the ball."

I also would like to point out the tacit admission while discussing Max Wright that there hasn't been any new offensive system installed for Petrino. Which we knew, but they've been in denail about. Guys, Max Wright is valuable because of his experience in the system. 

I want the Swedish guy to win the job just so Liucci has to type the special characters constantly. Also, the fact that the guy caught 8 passes in their first scrimmage should tell you all you need to know about how much that offense has changed. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Isn't there a stat or something that they've played the most FCS teams since joining the sec?

No way, Ole Miss usually plays 2 every season. aggy has played two once with every other year one. Every team in the SEC plays at least 1 per year, and usually late in the season when they need their late season wins.

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There are a lot of ugly tells in that article - if you're an aggie and have been reading Liucci for years. 

He talks about the importance of Foster at C and then slips in how they're working with not one, but two other players at C in case they're needed. One of those guys is also a British spy for MI6. He's likely to be gone as often as Foster is.

He talks up a true freshman at OT, saying he's good enough to start in the SEC "if needed". He's forecasting to the audience what's coming and painting it as a good thing. Bisontis isn't going to be Kelvin Banks. Wow.

The whole speech around TE is laughable. Max Wright is a buffoon, Johnson can't stay healthy, and they've got a Swede they're going to be relying on. 

WR room is awesome if you ignore the fact that there are effectively 4 guys in it. The hyping of the Grand Valley State is exciting to me. It looks like they're going to have to play him early. I'm sure he'll be amazing. Liucci goes out of his way to name a number of random guys at the other positions, but he doesn't even hint at the freshman at WR. Not good.

TB room is totally great and everything, but we're going to have to play Anias Smith there. Also, this guy from Colorado State is fucking awesome.

For that report to be within miles of what anyone would call accurate, ATM will have hit on a guy from Sweden, an FCS guy with mediocre FCS stats, and a 6th year dude from an FBS backwater that showed up out of shape and averaged less than 4 ypc the last two seasons.

I don't know which one is better the FCS WR with shitty stats or the G5 RB that also played at BC with shitty stats both staring this fall. Peak Liucci right here. I wouldn't be shocked if you pull up his fall practice report from last year, and most of the verbiage is the same with the player's names changing. 

The chef's kiss to the whole article was Liucci giving himself the byline when it was apparent in the 1st sentence someone else wrote the damn thing, or maybe Liucci just refers to himself in 1st person always.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There are a lot of ugly tells in that article - if you're an aggie and have been reading Liucci for years. 

He talks about the importance of Foster at C and then slips in how they're working with not one, but two other players at C in case they're needed. One of those guys is also a British spy for MI6. He's likely to be gone as often as Foster is.

He talks up a true freshman at OT, saying he's good enough to start in the SEC "if needed". He's forecasting to the audience what's coming and painting it as a good thing. Bisontis isn't going to be Kelvin Banks. Wow.

The whole speech around TE is laughable. Max Wright is a buffoon, Johnson can't stay healthy, and they've got a Swede they're going to be relying on. 

WR room is awesome if you ignore the fact that there are effectively 4 guys in it. The hyping of the Grand Valley State is exciting to me. It looks like they're going to have to play him early. I'm sure he'll be amazing. Liucci goes out of his way to name a number of random guys at the other positions, but he doesn't even hint at the freshman at WR. Not good.

TB room is totally great and everything, but we're going to have to play Anias Smith there. Also, this guy from Colorado State is fucking awesome.

For that report to be within miles of what anyone would call accurate, ATM will have hit on a guy from Sweden, an FCS guy with mediocre FCS stats, and a 6th year dude from an FBS backwater that showed up out of shape and averaged less than 4 ypc the last two seasons.

I would love for this to be true.  But, there’s at least an equal chance that Lucci just loves to fluff every single ag on the team.   I believe you may be actually giving him too much credit to hide those eggs throughout the article.   Seems easier just to write a players name, say they are NFL ready, then move on to the next.  

17 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Excluding the covid season where it was a conference only schedule, they have played a FCS team every year since joining the SEC and have one on the schedule through 2025. 

16 hours ago, closetojumping said:

They've played two FCS teams in the same season at least once since joining the SEC and it might have happened twice.

as a quick reminder for everyone, Jimbo is actually in FAVOR of playing FCS games. and was dumb enough to come out and say it. because of budgets and trickle down economics

I do believe we need to play an FCS — one AA game,” stated Fisher, during the SEC meetings. “People don’t believe that. I’m going to give you my reason why. I came from that league of ball. Bobby Bowden came from that league of ball. A lot of great coaches. .. How do those schools make budget, make things for this game the betterment of football. I think you have to trickle the wealth down to those schools. So they can make budget.

“If you don’t, and those schools have to fold-up because they can’t get the money for their program, where do the high school kids get scholarships? How many kids get educated from small college football? They don’t get crowds. I mean, what’s a big crowd for Division II, 10,000? .. Some get more, I’m not saying that. But you have to trickle that finance. I think we have to let that wealth drain all the way through all of football. .. I think you have to do that for the betterment of this game.

“I don’t care if it’s not the greatest game to watch .. if those kids quit playing the game of football because there’s more opportunity in other sports, that hurts the big game of football in the big picture. That’s the way I look at it. Maybe that’s because I came from small college football, but I think those things and opportunities and those chances for people are out there in my opinion.”

he played for a year at Samford, then was a GA or coach there for like 5 more.

16 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Going to be even more glorious when Miami beats them after reading that sunshine article.

I wish I had more faith that Crystalball could get the job done. He's probably the only coach in the country who's a more pussy game manager than Jimbo

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

At quarterback, Conner Weigman started strong, has progressed steadily and is playing good ball. The sophomore has had an impressive August thus far.

However, both quarterbacks had their struggles in the first scrimmage, and Max Johnson has since strung together a pair of outstanding practices — the best two he's had in August.

With a decision by Jimbo Fisher probably at least a week away (possibly not until game week), it's still too early to name a favorite. I know the reaction here, so let me tell you ahead of time: You're wasting your energy if you turn this into any sort of negative.

let me tell you, if Weigman can't beat out Max Johnson they have huge issues on their hands.

now maybe he is trying to this dumb "hide his hand" stuff but they open vs New Mexico, @ Miami, vs UL Monroe and then vs Auburn at home. Miami is like a top 30 FPI team, so it isn't like he is going to alternate Weigman and Johnson like Landry did Staubach and Morton for 3 games before they enter SEC play. the hand is going to be played and seen by everyone

i am going to assume they aren't dumb and this is all a ploy to keep Johnson on campus so their QB room isn't Weigman, Jaylen Henderson (the transfer from Fresno St), and true freshman Marcel Reed. but surely Johnson isn't dumb and can see through that?

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

let me tell you, if Weigman can't beat out Max Johnson they have huge issues on their hands.

now maybe he is trying to this dumb "hide his hand" stuff but they open vs New Mexico, @ Miami, vs UL Monroe and then vs Auburn at home. Miami is like a top 30 FPI team, so it isn't like he is going to alternate Weigman and Johnson like Landry did Staubach and Morton for 3 games before they enter SEC play. the hand is going to be played and seen by everyone

i am going to assume they aren't dumb and this is all a ploy to keep Johnson on campus so their QB room isn't Weigman, Jaylen Henderson (the transfer from Fresno St), and true freshman Marcel Reed. but surely Johnson isn't dumb and can see through that?

Yeah, his name is Jimbo Fisher. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, NoName said:

as a quick reminder for everyone, Jimbo is actually in FAVOR of playing FCS games. and was dumb enough to come out and say it. because of budgets and trickle down economics

That Jimbo is such a swell, caring, charitable guy. He is just looking out for everyone else's interests. He should be praised!

18 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

That Jimbo is such a swell, caring, charitable guy. He is just looking out for everyone else's interests. He should be praised!

If he’s that concerned about the smaller schools’ budgets he can always donate some of that aggy money from the brain dead agreement aggy made with him and schedule a competitive opponent……and…ah, nevermind.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Wishbone said:

If he’s that concerned about the smaller schools’ budgets he can always donate some of that aggy money from the brain dead agreement aggy made with him and schedule a competitive opponent……and…ah, nevermind.

True. He could probably bankroll all their FCS opponents.

23 minutes ago, texifornia said:

F30xsGIWoAAtwgu?format=webp&name=medium

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

F300bj9W0AASrt2?format=webp&name=medium

You know, it's a fucking submiliminal personality quirk with these fuckers...after we just went through the Simmons recruitment, which is possilbly the most competitive and uncertain recruitiment I can remember as a Texas fan, of course they're like "No, listen, this Ivy recruitment is the most tight-lipped I've ever seen." They have to fucking Kanye West Imma Stop Your Right There because even their close recruitments have to be closer than Texas. Nevermind:

image.thumb.png.501ee0200e206208cccab92fc8e45b11.png

image.thumb.png.9e40882fc4014aab47c2f102439f8800.png

As another poster said, this was supposed to be a slam dunk recruitment. They're pulling defeat out of the jaws of victory if this dude heads to LSU. 

22 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Better yet, some of the NIL was contributed by a Texas alum to keep Ivy away from A&M. Because they're a sleeping giant that we're afraid of, and stuff.

58 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I will die laughing if aggy loses out on Ivy. One of you assholes with a TexAgs account needs to start a rumor that LSU used some of the NIL money they had earmarked for Simmons to buy Ivy just to rub some more salt in the wound. 

These are both tremendous fucking ideas. They would lose their fucking shit if they thogught we were paying recruits to not go to Texas. This shit needs to make the rounds. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

These are both tremendous fucking ideas. They would lose their fucking shit if they thogught we were paying recruits to not go to Texas. This shit needs to make the rounds. 

Post it on TexAgs it will be a known fact by this afternoon.

Edited by Noah Fence

38 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You know, it's a fucking submiliminal personality quirk with these fuckers...after we just went through the Simmons recruitment, which is possilbly the most competitive and uncertain recruitiment I can remember as a Texas fan, of course they're like "No, listen, this Ivy recruitment is the most tight-lipped I've ever seen." They have to fucking Kanye West Imma Stop Your Right There because even their close recruitments have to be closer than Texas. Nevermind:

image.thumb.png.501ee0200e206208cccab92fc8e45b11.png

image.thumb.png.9e40882fc4014aab47c2f102439f8800.png

As another poster said, this was supposed to be a slam dunk recruitment. They're pulling defeat out of the jaws of victory if this dude heads to LSU. 

Add in that a UT grad in the Houston Bay Area is giving Ivy’s momma a job and new house to induce him to LSU to keep him away from aggy. Chef’s kiss.