Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

2 hours ago, tejas60 said:

I'm sure if Nahlin would have took you up on stepping outside, you'd have been able to outrun him.

I would have been observing from the side, softly mumbling corrections after others made grammar mistakes.

[mumble] “I’m sure if Nahlin would have taken you up…” [/mumble]

My friend closest to me would have elbowed me, because even if he couldn’t completely understand what I had mumbled, he would have heard the grammar mistake as well and would have known from years of knowing me that I would have been unable to just leave an error alone.

I would have found a way to avoid a physical confrontation and then rehashed the events in great detail later when retelling the agro event of the evening. 

It would take many years before I could manage to silently correct other people’s grammar in my head or in message board posts. 

🤘

IMG_7988.thumb.jpeg.502631e6cb0b1e6ded547edac886b106.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I would have been observing from the side, softly mumbling corrections after others made grammar mistakes.
[mumble] “I’m sure if Nahlin would have taken you up…” [/mumble]

My friend closest to me would have elbowed me, because even if he couldn’t completely understand what I had mumbled, he would have heard the grammar mistake as well and would have known from years of knowing me that I would have been unable to just leave an error alone.
I would have found a way to avoid a physical confrontation and then rehashed the events in great detail later when retelling the agro event of the evening. 
It would take many years before I could manage to silently correct other people’s grammar in my head or in message board posts. 

IMG_7988.thumb.jpeg.502631e6cb0b1e6ded547edac886b106.jpeg

2c29f1844340580f31cdf198a6062327.jpg
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Gerry was the guy who was going up to speak. Nahlin flatly stated that he was going to take Gerry's thoughts and repurpose them as his own on Recruitocosm and that "everybody does it".

This was actually at the same infamous Applebee’s dinner you shared with EJ Holland and Mike Roach, wasn’t it?

App-a-palooza. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Gerry was the guy who was going up to speak. Nahlin flatly stated that he was going to take Gerry's thoughts and repurpose them as his own on Recruitocosm and that "everybody does it". I told him that was tantamount to theft and that I wasn't interested in witnessing the bullshit. So I said leave, you dumb motherfucker. He told me I was an asshole and I asked him to step outside, to which he refused. So I kept railing on his character until he said he was heading to the restroom and then he Irish goodbye'd the place. 

We'd already had our falling out some time before that due to other bad bullshit he and others had pulled, that I called them on. It baffles me to this day that he thought he could just show up with intent to harm and get away with it. 

But, hey, we were all a lot younger then. They're doing fine things over at IT and what not. Eric seems like he's really matured and gotten over all of his insecurities, for sure.

I think it is important to uphold the integrity of reporting in the 9.95 realm. Soon we will have reporters following high school kids in bathrooms. 

thank you good sir. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

This was actually at the same infamous Applebee’s dinner you shared with EJ Holland and Mike Roach, wasn’t it?

App-a-palooza. 

Oh good lord. I think my favorite moment related to that period on 247 was when LotusHorn showed up to reveal to the board that closetojumping was, in fact, Greg Davis and had been posting on the boards since he arrived on campus. Watching numerous known idiots from that site take that insight from their “insider” as gospel and comment on the ramifications had me explode into laughter. 

Second to that was waking up on a trip to London and discovering that EJ Holland, hipster dumbfuck extraordinaire, believed that I had treated he and Mike Roach to an Appleby’s dinner. Watching people on this board or Surly try to rationalize that one was awesome. SLX clearly leaves quite the impression. 

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

So what are they saying about Gilbert? Out for the year? 

Sounds like it. 

• Haha 4

On 9/19/2023 at 3:26 PM, closetojumping said:

I referenced that previously and was recently corrected on it, which may be worth noting when considering UT's ultimate chances on this one.

He doesn't have a "handler", apparently. His youth football coach is a family friend and he allegedly doesn't have his hand out. He is, however, a big aggie fan. He took to two visits to College Station but has never gone to any other campus with Davis. It doesn't sound like this person would be interested in stopping, or capable of stopping, a course correction in this recruitment if ATM can't be defended due to program direction.

Sometimes those youth football coach ties with their university works out. I coached Tony Jeffries in youth ball.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Oh good lord. I think my favorite moment related to that period on 247 was when LotusHorn showed up to reveal to the board that closetojumping was, in fact, Greg Davis and had been posting on the boards since he arrived on campus. Watching numerous known idiots from that site take that insight from their “insider” as gospel and comment on the ramifications had me explode into laughter. 

Second to that was waking up on a trip to London and discovering that EJ Holland, hipster dumbfuck extraordinaire, believed that I had treated he and Mike Roach to an Appleby’s dinner. Watching people on this board or Surly try to rationalize that one was awesome. SLX clearly leaves quite the impression. 

Sounds like it. 

I remember this like it was yesterday.

On 9/19/2023 at 12:00 PM, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

They've been trying to sweep the a&m part under the rug for a couple years now. This is what the baseball team wears:

Screenshot_20230919_115817_Chrome.jpg.b087f2838b20563abdddcc1046295038.jpg

And they like to try and talk shit about who the real "UT" is...

If tech started putting "Texas Raiders" on their uniforms, aggy would mock them without a hint of irony.

• Hook 'Em 1

The dichotomy between this thread and Texags cracks me up. They are blasting as loudly as they can that we stand no chance against basically anyone with a pulse, will for sure lose against any “real” teams, and m totally dismissing a win at Bama with their real qb, etc. Meanwhile we’re over here using our critical thinking (aka woke knowledge) skills to deduce that they’ll probably win some games based on, ya know, actually watching football and having a basic grasp on reality. Anyway, here’s to hoping auburn pulls an upset and shatters their collective skulls to put their downward spiral into perspective, as much of a toss up as that game may or may not be. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Oh good lord. I think my favorite moment related to that period on 247 was when LotusHorn showed up to reveal to the board that closetojumping was, in fact, Greg Davis and had been posting on the boards since he arrived on campus. 

You say that as if we hadn’t all figured out you were Greg Davis by the end of the 2003 Holiday Bowl. Chance Mock and VY nearly died for the cause because of your refusal to change things up to deal with the pass rush. 

And then to throw everyone off the scent, you orchestrated the banner in 2013. Clever, but not clever enough  

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, DaysOff said:

Auburn cannot score. aggys will win this one, and the roller-coaster cars will be in the clouds.

recruiting-esque…. but aggy wins 48-3 then loses about 5 in a row

Baker convinces his highly ranked IOL teammate committed to Auburn that Texas is the way… lfg!

12 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Look, you can deny that you propositioned EJ in an Applebees on that fateful night all you want, but Surly will always know what really happened. 

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Look, you can deny that you propositioned EJ in an Applebees on that fateful night all you want, but Surly will always know what really happened. 

EJ was initially confused when you brought him a caramel machiado with a big hole in the middle of the whipped cream instead of allowing him to order a drink at the restaurant. He tells that story well.