Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

21 hours ago, RGBIII said:

LOL no doubt, I laughed when I heard it. I dont even think it was an employee just a random post lol

I don't think it fits the bill of a HIPPA violation. It really isn't a personal medical condition. If you reported the herpes he got form some Tech coed, sure that would qualify. If he was an employee like the NFL, it certainly wouldn't be a HIPPA violation. The herpes would be, not the broken bone.

Edited by Longhornlove

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

FIFY

I Look at it from the POV as an employer which doesn't fit this case. Regardless a lawsuit will go nowhere especially with a news outlet. Everyone knows he is injured. Everyone knew what part of his body was injured. No true secrets were revealed here. Shit like this happens every day of football season and you never hear about fucking lawsuits......This is fucking retarded.

Edited by Longhornlove

Just now, MuellerHorn said:

Misspelling of HIPAA and complete incorrect understanding and discussion of how it’s applied not going away. 

For my part, I have no interest in any of it except for the jokes. Seems like really boring shit for medical dorks and lawyers to worry over and they chose that path. 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

For my part, I have no interest in any of it except for the jokes. Seems like really boring shit for medical dorks and lawyers to worry over and they chose that path. 

My post wasn’t referencing your obvious joke (sans the misspelling).

Besides, y’all are just jealous that @GreenspointTexas and I as HC providers:

image.gif.c21f687651ec5ecda7dac2172fa3eb0d.gif

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

To your point, it may be a HIPPA violation but there won't be any government officials snooping around looking to fine someone. That isn't in the spirit of the law. You are a smart guy. I'm pretty sure you understand it.

If the Weigmans feel like there was a HIPAA violation, they could sue the doctor and the hospital/organization that provided the care. I've also seen hospitals fire doctors/nurses/staff if they were caught violating HIPAA. So it's not necessarily just a government investigation thing.

Also, a broken bone is definitely personal medical history and covered under HIPAA.  Heck, the doctor that saw CW can't even say that CW came to see him; that's also a HIPAA violation, even if no specific medical information was discussed.

When it comes to NFL/employees, I'm sure they have to sign a release of information as part of the player contract, which gives the doctor permission to communicate directly with the NFL/employer

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/27/2023 at 10:55 AM, Bodacious Bevo said:

Weigman's parents sound exhausting lol. Which is good for our entertainment value I guess

For those unaware, HIPAA only applies to healthcare providers. The doctor and staff that saw Conner can't share his information unless it's for medically important reasons. Other providers in the clinic can't access his records. All that stuff is recorded by EHR systems and easily checkable

The leak came from someone the Weigmans themselves told. Or a member of the team/staff. That stuff happens. Was the end game to use a high ankle sprain as an excuse through the end of the year? Sounds weird but I guess we're talking about a fanbase that believes the flu knocked out half the team for two weeks

ETA: If you're going to be helicopter parents and don't want your kid to get injured, don't let him play football and especially don't let him play for Fisher/Addazzio (and I think Dameyune Craig would have been the QB coach at the time lol). If you're going to let your kid be an adult and make his own decisions, then don't go chewing out coaches and talking about suing message boards when adversity strikes

On 9/27/2023 at 10:57 AM, Frank Drebin said:

247 is not a covered entity under HIPAA, so they aren't subject to HIPAA

I will let you look Mike Roach and Chip Brown in their eye sockets and tell them they are not medical doctors

23 hours ago, Orange&White said:

No sir.

You must have missed the aggie post the other day where the author had been sitting next to the Weigman's when the injury occurred, and the parents, unsolicited, told the author: "We know Jimbo will take care of hm. We love it here."

Chip Brown was there placing ML bets on SMU while Mike Roach was sucking the marrow out of chicken wings

1 hour ago, MuellerHorn said:

Misspelling of HIPAA and complete incorrect understanding and discussion of how it’s applied not going away. 

Never will. Thinking about suing you for HIPAA just in case

9 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Can someone explain to me why the parents would care it got leaked out? I mean everyone knew he got hit, his foot was injured and severity unknown, but would certainly be out weeks. What would the possible reason to keep rumored diagnosis be?

"From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Can someone explain to me why the parents would care it got leaked out? I mean everyone knew he got hit, his foot was injured and severity unknown, but would certainly be out weeks. What would the possible reason to keep rumored diagnosis be?

It’s messing up his baseball contract negotiations.