Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

I think Dabo would be a recruiting witch at aggy, and form an unholy alliance with Pastor(?) Dindy. 

But they’d struggle with the portal and clean recruits. I also think the culture install would take at least 3 years. The aggy roster is talented, but full of shitheads who don’t want to work. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Dabo would be a recruiting witch at aggy and form an unholy alliance with Pastor(?) Dindy. 

But they’d struggle with the portal and clean recruits. I also think the culture install would take a least 3 years. The aggy roster is talented, but full of shitheads who don’t want to work. 

Dabo is absolutely not a recruiting witch like Jimbo.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Dabo would be a recruiting witch at aggy and form an unholy alliance with Pastor(?) Dindy. 

But they’d struggle with the portal and clean recruits. I also think the culture install would take a least 3 years. The aggy roster is talented, but full of shitheads who don’t want to work. 

2 Th. 3:10

“Those unwilling to labor shall not eat”

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Re: Dabo - 

- Just last year, Dabo signed a 10 year $115MM contract, that runs through the 2031 season.  That was only exceeded by Saban's yearly average of $11.7MM per year.  (At least at that time.)

- I cannot imagine Aggie can pay that kind of money, let alone give him a material raise.  But hey, with these guys, who knows ... 

- With his multiple titles and title games, I think Dabo is uber secure at Clemson, for a few years, at a minimum.

- Even if "Tyler from wherever" was enough to get under his diaphanous epidermis, would he really be better off at A&M and in the SEC?  A one-year honeymoon - at the most - and then with that roster the Agroids will expect "nattys."

I don't see why Dabo would move.  

Because he could just leave after a few years with 100 million in his pocket.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 2

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

- Just last year, Dabo signed a 10 year $115MM contract, that runs through the 2031 season.  That was only exceeded by Saban's yearly average of $11.7MM per year.  (At least at that time.)

- I cannot imagine Aggie can pay that kind of money, let alone give him a material raise.  But hey, with these guys, who knows ... 

- With his multiple titles and title games, I think Dabo is uber secure at Clemson, for a few years, at a minimum.

- Even if "Tyler from wherever" was enough to get under his diaphanous epidermis, would he really be better off at A&M and in the SEC?  A one-year honeymoon - at the most - and then with that roster the Agroids will expect "nattys."

Plus Dabo has never shown an ability to field an above average offensive line, but has fielded great defensive lines. They just had that guy, now they would pony up another Jimbo level contract for another?

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Dabo is the only hire aggy can make to impress the national pundits which they care way too much about. 

Josh Pate “home run hire” plaque is the treasure they seek. 

I think Dabo reaches out to Greg Byrne just to be sure, and starts listening to aggy. 

I think the national pundits are cooling on Dabo and the similarities to the Jimbo hire are striking. It would be far from universal praise.

1 hour ago, DaysOff said:

f6a41384f0efc76a5b776ba0a9aae6bc.jpg

Murray Abraham as Antonio Salieri in Amadeus. What a great reference and an underrated film.

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I think the national pundits are cooling on Dabo and the similarities to the Jimbo hire are striking. It would be far from universal praise.

But it would be good bull. Another sitting national championship winning corch! amirite?

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

The same reason Jimbo left FSU. 

Clemson looks to be in decline. When you know your program has shit the bed you look to start over. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Dabo is the only hire aggy can make to impress the national pundits which they care way too much about. 

I think Dabo reaches out to Greg Byrne just to be sure, and starts listening to aggy. 

Nah, most the national pundits are already saying this would be a very similar hire to Jimbo. A coach with past success who s clearly regressing at his current school. 

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Nah, most the national pundits are already saying this would be a very similar hire to Jimbo. A coach with past success who s clearly regressing at his current school. 

Real Ags don't believe the lies of the Librul Media. #noCR

Edit: I meant the BOMC.

Edited by TheRealRonWeaver?

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Plus Dabo has never shown an ability to field an above average offensive line, but has fielded great defensive lines. They just had that guy, now they would pony up another Jimbo level contract for another?

None of that matters.  It's too perfect of a hire.  The only thing that matters is what is the total cost of the buyout for Dabo.   

Its the same fucking playbook as the Fisher hire.  Why would they not do it?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

None of that matters.  It's too perfect of a hire.  The only thing that matters is what is the total cost of the buyout for Dabo.   

Its the same fucking playbook as the Fisher hire.  Why would they not do it?

It would be absolutely exquisite. Quintessential Aggy… 

4 hours ago, Getafix said:

This makes me think Dabo isn’t interested. He’s already got his golden parachute retirement plan in place where he is. 

5 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Lol.   Billy has to be the luckiest SOB in Collie Station.    He spews speculative non sense and propaganda in almost every sentence and gets paid big bucks for doing it.   And the aggys just slurp it up.  

Well, it is a jizz jar culture.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Lol.   Billy has to be the luckiest SOB in Collie Station.    He spews speculative non sense and propaganda in almost every sentence and gets paid big bucks for doing it.   And the aggys just slurp it up.  

So you're telling us he's Kim Jong Un. Makes sense seeing that he lives in that shithole

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Apparently Fisch is an asshole and extremely hard to work for.

That said I have been impressed at what he’s done at Arizona. 

Harbaugh, Saban, and Fisch are really hard to work for, but they win.

So ditch the whining support staff and start winning…

• Like 1

7 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Josh Pate carrying aggy water every segment is fucking bizarre. Plus he's friends with Looch, so you have to question his acumen. But I do enjoy his everybody gets a trophy schtick