Here's a Green Bean recipe y'all should try:

1 lb. green beans
2 cups red wine
4 slices bacon
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tbsp butter

Trim the ends of the green beans. Cook the bacon over medium until crispy and remove to a separate plate. Save the bacon grease in a jar for later if desired. Add the brown sugar, butter, pecans, and paprika to the pan, and cook over medium heat until it's a thickened. Then pour the brown sugar mixture over the bacon. Next, throw the green beans in the garbage since they are straight trash. Serve the red wine alongside the brown sugar coated bacon, and enjoy!

Knew the green beans to the trash was coming, but disappointed the recipe didn’t involve brown butter. 

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

if you think Ian Boyd is a good talking head, maybe you can bring him over to OB.

That fucking guy is an insipid rube with a bizarrely inflated sense of his own importance and knowledge. 

Colin Klein is a good hire for any program looking to constantly hover around 7-5/8-4. That’s it. That’s the ceiling in a conference like the SEC. And that’s giving the guy the benefit of the doubt that a lot of what he has achieved is of his own merit and not on the backs of others. 

• Hook 'Em 6

27 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I noticed the national guys like the Cover 3 podcast & Josh Pate also think Klein is a good OC hire.

Just like he told us Tom Herman was a great hire because he runs the "power spread" and has a "physical QB run game." 

You would think this moron that mocked Texas fans for ever questioning Herman based on his offensive approach would maybe learn his lesson. Nope. The fact Ian Boyd loves this hire would scare me more than anything if I'm aggy. He's repeating the same tired narratives he did with Herman. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

I don't think there's anything more aggy than the way aggy interacts with Kiffin. 

1) Kiffin has 3 Ws in a row against aggy with half the talent. Yet, they talk like they own him. 

2) Kiffin just produced the second 10 win season in 3 years a Ole Miss. aggy has one 10 win season in 25 years. Yet, they talk like Ole Miss is a vastly inferior program. 

3) They are so mad that Kiffin says mean things about them on the internet that they refused to even consider him as HC. Yet, he would have been by far the best candidate they could have hired. 

It's just so aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That fucking guy is an insipid rube with a bizarrely inflated sense of his own importance and knowledge. 

Colin Klein is a good hire for any program looking to constantly hover around 7-5/8-4. That’s it. That’s the ceiling in a conference like the SEC. And that’s giving the guy the benefit of the doubt that a lot of what he has achieved is of his own merit and not on the backs of others. 

to be fair, Colin Klein looks like he may be the 2nd best OC they may have had behind Kliff since they hired RC?

• Bobby Petrino + James Coley (+ Jimbo)
  • Darrell Dickey + James Coley (+ Jimbo)
  • Darrell Dickey for 4 years (+ Jimbo)
  • Noel Mazzone for 2 years (+ Kevin Sumlin)
  • Jake Spavital for 2 years (+ Kevin Sumlin)
  • Jake Spavital + someone named Clarence McKinney (+ Kevin Sumlin)
  • Kliff Kingsburg for 1 season (+ Kevin Sumlin)
  • i think Mike Sherman was their OC for his last 2 years there?
  • someone named Nolan Cromwell for 2 years (+ Mike Sherman)
  • Les Koenning for 5 years under Fran
  • Kevin Sumlin for 2 years under RC
  • Dino Babers for 1 year under RC
  • Steve Kragthorpe for 3 years under RC
  • someone named Steve Marshall for 1 year under RC
  • Steve Ensminger for 3 years under RC
  • Bob Toledo for 5 years under RC

not that i think Klein is some huge home run hire, because no matter how they try to spin it he absolutely is NOT, but he's a solid hire...based on the dudes they have had in the past 34 years i am sure a solid double seems like a grand slam HR to win the world series.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

When I start seeing people reference "smashmouth" football I almost immediately know the hire is going to fail (much like Herman). Being "tough" and "physical" is such nonsense in the modern era of football. 

Look at almost all the top programs right now in football. Texas (Sark), Washington (Grubbs), Georgia (2nd spread OC in a row), Bama (even Saban has started hiring the likes of Kiffin/Sark types), Oregon (Stein), etc. 

Being tough and physical helps but teams win BIG these days by getting their athletes on the perimeter. Not this "smashmouth" shit that Ian Boyd has an infatuation with. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

When I start seeing people reference "smashmouth" football I almost immediately know the hire is going to fail (much like Herman). Being "tough" and "physical" is such nonsense in the modern era of football. 

Look at almost all the top programs right now in football. Texas (Sark), Washington (Grubbs), Georgia (2nd spread OC in a row), Bama (even Saban has started hiring the likes of Kiffin/Sark types), Oregon (Stein), etc. 

Being tough and physical helps but teams win BIG these days by getting their athletes on the perimeter. Not this "smashmouth" shit that Ian Boyd has an infatuation with. 

don't forget the Titan's "exotic smashmouth" hahaha

the "creatively get your best athletes in space and then let them cook" style of play calling is both more efficient and much more successful currently than everything required to grind your opponents to a paste by running it a million times. it's also way easier to find those athletes than to find a full OL + RB + specific QB needed to make that happen.

Klein would be a fine hire for a state that doesn't have QBs and WRs playing 7 on 7 since they were 8 years old.    It is exactly what a defensive minded head coach would have hired in 2010.     

But sure, aggy will be a pain in the ass team to play and will win some games they shouldn't, and in general just be an annoyance. And in a year that they have a 4th-5th year starter at QB they will be pretty good.  

Just like they have been for 100 years.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

It's also way easier to find those athletes than to find a full OL + RB + specific QB needed to make that happen.

That's why Ian's argument about dual-threat QBs is so dumb. It may attract dual-threat QBs but it's much more difficult to build your system around a dominant OL than it is to build it around the plethora of skill talent (especially in Texas). 

Just look at the portal. Which position group do you think it's easier to find legit top-end talent....WR or OL? 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, NoName said:

don't forget the Titan's "exotic smashmouth" hahaha

the "creatively get your best athletes in space and then let them cook" style of play calling is both more efficient and much more successful currently than everything required to grind your opponents to a paste by running it a million times. it's also way easier to find those athletes than to find a full OL + RB + specific QB needed to make that happen.

You could even come up with a splashy line like “#FeedTheStuds”.

• Haha 2

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

The rumor I'm seeing on aggy boards for DC is Scott Symons from SMU.

Defensive ranks per ESPN efficiency as DC

SMU '23: #11

SMU '22: #90

Liberty '21: #53

Liberty '20: #83

Liberty '19: #99

No P5 experience and 1 top 50 D in 5 years as a DC. Yikes. 

The Elk KNOWS defense.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Klein would be a fine hire for a state that doesn't have QBs and WRs playing 7 on 7 since they were 8 years old.    It is exactly what a defensive minded head coach would have hired in 2010.     

But sure, aggy will be a pain in the ass team to play and will win some games they shouldn't, and in general just be an annoyance. And in a year that they have a 4th-5th year starter at QB they will be pretty good.  

Just like they have been for 100 years.  

On my 7 year old's flag football team, most of the kids have been playing since at least Kindergarten.

20 hours ago, horny_gunman said:

Both of you deserve more rep than I’ll ever have; and seeing as I’ll be back in NM next weekend, Blake’s is definitely on the list!

https://www.sadiesofnewmexico.com/  

Go to the original 4th St location (well, the original was in a bowling alley next door, but this is the first stand-alone). 

You’re welcome. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

No Power 5 experience??? SMU is an ACC POWERHOUSE you ignorant Sip.

Edited by Aslan24
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is the type of dude that an SEC program, who is paying $75M to the previous coach, would hire.

#1 Criteria: Are you cheap?

• Hook 'Em 1