Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

The Hornsby screenshots will be interesting. If they’re pissed, they just don’t understand how recruiting works. The kid is from Jersey and Robinson was his primary recruiter. Of course he’s going to go with him to Syracuse. The same thing would happen to Bama or Georgia. 

The Robinson back story will be interesting if we ever get a true accounting. 

My observations:

- Elko was hired because he’s malleable to the aggy decision makers. Namely their edict to retain the defensive staff, especially Robinson.

- Some smoke that Elko felt uncomfortable with how much influence Robinson had in the locker room.

- Elko cuts off his nose to spite his face and tries to give Robinson a cute title and a raise to retain him. Just bizarre. Elko is going to call his defense. He just needs a puppet with a headset. 

- Instead, Elko loses one of the best recruiters in the country and dynamites his Northeast pipeline. 

- I don’t even know who the candidates are for DC. Elko doesn’t have a coaching tree outside of Santucci and Robinson. I bet Elko goes with an old timer like Kevin Steele that likes money and blinding following orders. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

My observations:

- Elko was hired because he’s malleable to the aggy decision makers. Namely their edict to retain the defensive staff, especially Robinson.

- Some smoke that Elko felt uncomfortable with how much influence Robinson had in the locker room.

- Elko cuts off his nose to spite his face and tries to give Robinson a cute title and a raise to retain him. Just bizarre. Elko is going to call his defense. He just needs a puppet with a headset. 

- Instead, Elko loses one of the best recruiters in the country and dynamites his Northeast pipeline. 

- I don’t even know who the candidates are for DC. Elko doesn’t have a coaching tree outside of Santucci and Robinson. I bet Elko goes with an old timer like Kevin Steele that likes money and blinding following orders. 

You think Steele would trade the Bama DC job for aggy?

27 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

My observations:

Elko is not planning to call the defense.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NoName said:

Yeah that's someone who sees Murphy is black and a big body and knows nothing about him outside if that.

As a reminder it's been said he's the least athletic / fast dude in the QB room. His strength is absolutely not running and if he goes to that offense it makes me even more confident about the game next year.

18 Wheeler package and Tush Pushes all the way down the field

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Dr Climax said:

f7b6e0f211ffcfb9e02080a69096f57d.png
Hate to admit that I’ve ventured over to the aggy site, but if you do, you will quickly notice this cull running constant aggy defense. Cute how lucci himself, as vader54, patrols the free site providing cover fire for all things aggy and returns heavy fire for anything perceived as pro sip.

It’s got to be someone in looch’s group, if not him. He’s dropped some insider stuff that has come true with their recent portal pickups.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Whoever he is he is still an idiot, he once claimed during their 2022 exodus  that Jimbo liked to operate with a 10 scholarship player deficit. 

Bisontis was an absolute disaster mid season, but he was playing way better vs Abeline and LSU. He greaded similiar with Crownover who he was splitting time with and will replace him.

11 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

You’re giving them far too much credit. I think that was an expectation of the hire initially. They had moved beyond Elko in the search process. They were hiring Stoops.

I believe Stoops may have intended to retain the D-staff. Then, everyone mocked aggy hiring Stoops. Everyone was laughing at aggy for hiring Stoops, their fanbase threw such a fit that either Bjork panicked OR the decision was taken away from him, so they had to turn him down after he had accepted the job.

At that point, it was such a shitshow that they had to immediately hire someone else to save face. There was no real negotiation after that. They desperately called Elko and HAD to hire within an hour or two. I don’t think he agreed to their weird retention demands. He was the desperation hire. They fucked the whole process up every way possible.

Elko was their last choice, and because they fucked up so badly with Stoops, he didn’t even acquiesce to what they wanted to do. They both ate the shit sandwich and liked it. 

The perception from Lucci was the job was Robinson's.  I think that us the issue.  Robinson felt he had been told the job was his after the stoops debacle and then they ended up hiring elko.

We're not weird! 

Only the weird would see this as anything other than evidence you are weird.

spacer.png

The t-sips told you I was weird. Nobody thinks I'm weird. If people would just get to know me, they'd know I'm just different and not weird at all. Call me! We can do really fun things that aren't weird at all! 

spacer.png

I'll introduce you to my friends that are like in the Army!

spacer.png

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3