Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

10 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

My understanding is that the law says if someone is here illegally and arrested under this law, the are brought back to a Mexican border entry point... even if they aren't Mexican. So if there is someone from Guatemala, they are going to be sent to Mexico... who will not allow them in. We are so smart.

Under bilateral and international agreements, Mexico is required to accept deportations of its own citizens, but not those of other countries. Under the Texas law, migrants ordered to leave would be sent to ports of entry along the border with Mexico, even if they are not Mexican citizens.

“The Mexican government categorically rejects any measure that would allow local or state authorities to detain or deport Mexicans or other nationalities to Mexican soil,” Mexico’s foreign relations department wrote in a statement.

Perhaps you missed the new mission statement of the GQP regarding brown people: "non-citizens, citizens, mexicans, Guatemalans....IDGAF, deport 'em all, let Mexico sort 'em out."

I eagerly await the first "deportation" by an overeager MAGA redneck cop of a dude named Jaime who just "looks too durned messican to be a real 'murican."  It will happen.  They fucking WANT it to happen.  They want anyone who is not a white, evangelical Christian in Texas to hide in a hole, while the REAL AMERICANS (white, evangelical Christians) "run things."

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I eagerly await the first "deportation" by an overeager MAGA redneck cop of a dude named Jaime who just "looks too durned messican to be a real 'murican."  It will happen.  They fucking WANT it to happen.  They want anyone who is not a white, evangelical Christian in Texas to hide in a hole, while the REAL AMERICANS (white, evangelical Christians) "run things."

If we see the cops going crazy, going to be some extremely nasty phone calls from BMDs telling Abbott and Paxton to fix things.  Assuming it hasn't changed, in the past agricultural, construction, and oil & gas were the biggest donors to Texas governors and other statewide (and local) Republicans, and Abbott and the legislature/Danny Goeb are entering FAFO territory if he drives away a bunch of folks.

If Abbott pulls a DeSantis and drives a shitload of undocumented out of the state, Ma and Pa MAGA from Bumfuck, Texas, ain't going to be keen to go build homes or pick crops.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just think Longhorn fans:

At the Sugar Bowl, Abbott will be on the sidelines hanging with CDC, McConaughy, Clemens, VY, and other UT celebs. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cruz there, too. Great look for our university on national TV. 

I'll say it again. Texas is home to a nakedly fascist GQP, with political ground zero in Austin, led by a UT alum, also an obvious fascist. What a f*cking disgrace. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 6

1 minute ago, BevoAbyss said:

Just think Longhorn fans:

At the Sugar Bowl, Abbott will be on the sidelines hanging with CDC, McConaughy, Clemens, VY, and other UT celebs. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cruz there, too. Great look for our university on national TV. 

I'll say it again. Texas is home to a nakedly fascist GQP, with political ground zero in Austin, led by a UT alum. What a f*cking disgrace. 

said ut alum wants to tear down the school and rebuild it as a maga gqp U !

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Abbott and the legislature/Danny Goeb are entering FAFO territory

Lulz. Abbott and his fascist warriors ain't gonna FAFO anything. Nope, nada, nothing.

Rather, the BMDs might FAFO with challenging MAGA-GQP policies. All Abbott has to do is hint is BMDs are "woke." 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

You criminal lawyer types...if I were to stand outside the Capitol with a large sign that said, "My family is from Mexico and I am undocumented!"...could they arrest me and put me in the database?  This could be fun or could go sideways real quick.  

And it is utterly amazing the pivot, as discussed on here, that Abbott has taken to appease and garner favor with such a small group of people that wouldn't pull his crippled ass out of a swimming pool if he accidentally rolled into it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BevoAbyss said:

Lulz. Abbott and his fascist warriors ain't gonna FAFO anything. Nope, nada, nothing.

Rather, the BMDs might FAFO with challenging MAGA-GQP policies. All Abbott has to do is hint is BMDs are "woke." 

BMDs in Texas don't like their businesses being fucked with, which is why we have things like the ERCOT bullshit.  Driving away employees is fucking with their business, especially when the alternative "American" employees that they have to try and recruit want things like higher wages or *gasp* benefits.

Ma and Pa MAGA ain't going to donate much, if anything to Abbott and Co. - their donations go to President MAGA who makes them feel tingly in their privates, not like that guy in the wheelchair or the guy from Maryland who is obsessed with bathrooms and that wears brand new clothes and poses in front of an old truck because he thinks he's one of them.  Of course, Abbott has his BMDs, and many of the top ones are different than Rick Perry's top donors (who were heavily intro construction, agriculture, and oil & gas) and they may not be as impacted, but there's still plenty of money that will be impacted.

Those BMDs that rely heavily on undocumented labor are very plentiful, and they will make life hell for a lot of Republicans, especially in the smaller races.  

Not to mention that if this thing goes full-tilt, you're going to have a fuckton of middle/upper-class Texans pissed off that the pool boy that keeps their pools clean and that they or their spouse has been fucking has been sent to the Mexican border.  Or even more middle/upper-class Texans pissed off that their lawn guys that keep their yards within compliance so that the gaggle of HOA Karens don't lose their shit that their lawns are half-an-inch too high, are being sent to the Mexican border, scaring off a shitload of other undocumented folks as well.

Too many Texans are so out of touch with how the Texas economy functions and how much it relies on these people, for better or for worse.  Abbott and Co. appear to be thinking only in the short term, because they know things could get dicey if a lot of businesses start being impacted.

The only thing that might keep some of the local LEOs in check, is that if they round up too many local workers and haul them to the border, they might get a new boss or bosses come the next election.  

A lot of people talk a lot of shit until they get punched in the mouth hit in the wallet or bank account.

• Like 1

Republicans small donor base will continue to erode and the sugar daddies will disappear naturally(death). Yet, there’s always a new one (Elmo).

Democrats embraced small donors but risk it with way too many fucking emails that shows how absurdly terrible their marketing/comms dept can be between sharing lists for states I’m not in, looking like phishing emails and not warming up IP addresses, doomsday messaging, and shitty grammar and punctuation in subject lines. One of these problems is easily fixable and a target of AI for marketing interactions.

If/when Republicans lose Texas I dont know how they get it back. The presidential elections are closing the gap like crazy. My only worry is how bad a brain drain is going on now which last I saw was around 500k. Having 5 metro areas makes our state so unique and expensive.

As much as some look at the Valley to get an idea of how Hispanics vote statewide, you completely ignore they are rural, religious population and the Houston suburbs have a higher number with different values than the entire Valley.

Harris County, with old balls Whitmire and Chris Hollins’s brain can absolutely fuck shit up now, and I expect them to do something to catch TX Republicans flat footed and they (R) will need the courts to say “nuh uh” to a new feature. I’d expect an email campaign for IRS refunds to send notifications with a link to a print out site or something similar. Still waiting on numbers from motor vehicle registration as well.

@reservedrights2023StassneyHorn productionsltd.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If we see the cops going crazy, going to be some extremely nasty phone calls from BMDs telling Abbott and Paxton to fix things.  Assuming it hasn't changed, in the past agricultural, construction, and oil & gas were the biggest donors to Texas governors and other statewide (and local) Republicans, and Abbott and the legislature/Danny Goeb are entering FAFO territory if he drives away a bunch of folks.

Oh good, as long as we can rely on our benevolent oligarchs to fight for the wage earning class then there's nothing to worry about!

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

BMDs in Texas don't like their businesses being fucked with, which is why we have things like the ERCOT bullshit.  Driving away employees is fucking with their business, especially when the alternative "American" employees that they have to try and recruit want things like higher wages or *gasp* benefits.

Ma and Pa MAGA ain't going to donate much, if anything to Abbott and Co. - their donations go to President MAGA who makes them feel tingly in their privates, not like that guy in the wheelchair or the guy from Maryland who is obsessed with bathrooms and that wears brand new clothes and poses in front of an old truck because he thinks he's one of them.  Of course, Abbott has his BMDs, and many of the top ones are different than Rick Perry's top donors (who were heavily intro construction, agriculture, and oil & gas) and they may not be as impacted, but there's still plenty of money that will be impacted.

Those BMDs that rely heavily on undocumented labor are very plentiful, and they will make life hell for a lot of Republicans, especially in the smaller races.  

Not to mention that if this thing goes full-tilt, you're going to have a fuckton of middle/upper-class Texans pissed off that the pool boy that keeps their pools clean and that they or their spouse has been fucking has been sent to the Mexican border.  Or even more middle/upper-class Texans pissed off that their lawn guys that keep their yards within compliance so that the gaggle of HOA Karens don't lose their shit that their lawns are half-an-inch too high, are being sent to the Mexican border, scaring off a shitload of other undocumented folks as well.

Too many Texans are so out of touch with how the Texas economy functions and how much it relies on these people, for better or for worse.  Abbott and Co. appear to be thinking only in the short term, because they know things could get dicey if a lot of businesses start being impacted.

The only thing that might keep some of the local LEOs in check, is that if they round up too many local workers and haul them to the border, they might get a new boss or bosses come the next election.  

A lot of people talk a lot of shit until they get punched in the mouth hit in the wallet or bank account.

you have been saying this same shit for three years now and absolutely nothing has happened.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Oh good, as long as we can rely on our benevolent oligarchs to fight for the wage earning class then there's nothing to worry about!

They don't give a fuck about any employees, they only give a fuck about their bottom line, that's it.  If Abbott drives a chunk of their workers away and they have to try and recruit only legal residents (who would ask for more), that affects their bottom line.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

you have been saying this same shit for three years now and absolutely nothing has happened.

Abbott just signed this into law this week, not three years ago.

But if you think all of these industries are going to let Abbott and Patrick fuck up their bottom line, 

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by atomheartbevo

11 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

If/when Republicans lose Texas I dont know how they get it back. The presidential elections are closing the gap like crazy. My only worry is how bad a brain drain is going on now which last I saw was around 500k. Having 5 metro areas makes our state so unique and expensive.

If/when they lose it, it'll be for good, unless it's a future watered-down GOP.  The division that Abbott and Patrick and Paxton are trying to create (or rather widen) between liberals/moderates/conservatives is growing too much.  That's why the Republicans are going after Harris County so hard.

I'm not on the ledge with Brisket and others on most things, but on this I am - Republicans are going to try their utmost to reduce the amount of (D) votes next year.  They have to be in charge of the Harris County voting (and some of the other large counties) for that to happen.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Republicans small donor base will continue to erode and the sugar daddies will disappear naturally(death). Yet, there’s always a new one (Elmo).

Democrats embraced small donors but risk it with way too many fucking emails that shows how absurdly terrible their marketing/comms dept can be between sharing lists for states I’m not in, looking like phishing emails and not warming up IP addresses, doomsday messaging, and shitty grammar and punctuation in subject lines. One of these problems is easily fixable and a target of AI for marketing interactions.

As much as some look at the Valley to get an idea of how Hispanics vote statewide, you completely ignore they are rural, religious population and the Houston suburbs have a higher number with different values than the entire Valley.

Harris County, with old balls Whitmire and Chris Hollins’s brain can absolutely fuck shit up now, and I expect them to do something to catch TX Republicans flat footed and they (R) will need the courts to say “nuh uh” to a new feature. I’d expect an email campaign for IRS refunds to send notifications with a link to a print out site or something similar. Still waiting on numbers from motor vehicle registration as well.

@reservedrights2023StassneyHorn productionsltd.

This shit right here is infuriating. I ended up creating a new email account just for ActBlue donations so I could keep the spam out of my main email. It seriously cut down the amount of spam I get in my main account by about 500 emails a week. 

• Rage+1 1

On 12/6/2023 at 8:50 AM, Underdog said:

Remember, it was a BP team that took out the shooter at Uvalde while over 100 DPS and other LEO hid with their thumbs up their asses. 

Which brings up the point-- if BP didn't have to do the job of Texas law enforcement, maybe they could do a better job of guarding the borders. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Perhaps you missed the new mission statement of the GQP regarding brown people: "non-citizens, citizens, mexicans, Guatemalans....IDGAF, deport 'em all, let Mexico sort 'em out."

You'd better start carrying around a passport everywhere you go....

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

This shit right here is infuriating. I ended up creating a new email account just for ActBlue donations so I could keep the spam out of my main email. It seriously cut down the amount of spam I get in my main account by about 500 emails a week. 

"Pescado!  This is James Carville here, and I am FURIOUS!..."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, pacman said:

This law just might give the Texas Democrats a win in South Texas, since their incompetence allowed it to become a battleground.

Maybe. I have a classmate from Edinburgh. Mexican American and he is alllll on the Abbott train for all this crap. 

• Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

You'd better start carrying around a passport everywhere you go....

Actually, when AZ passed their "papers please" law, I told my wife that on the off chance that we transited through AZ on a trip and I was detained and asked such questions, I wasn't gonna provide anything other than my TDL, hoping like hell they detained me on suspicion of acute wetbackery.  I feel the same way now that Texas is pulling this bullshit.  Nothing would make me happier than for Deputy Bubba T. Racist to haul my ass down to the bridge and try to deport me.  Bring it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, YChang said:

Maybe. I have a classmate from Edinburgh. Mexican American and he is alllll on the Abbott train for all this crap. 

A big portion of my mom's family was born in Mexico.  The rest were from Edinburgh and Pharr.  Many still live in the RGV.  A strange percentage of them are for the "New Abbott."  I get being for old GOP, Henry Bonilla types from down there.  But this is a strange, new world.  Even for Latinos.  

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Actually, when AZ passed their "papers please" law, I told my wife that on the off chance that we transited through AZ on a trip and I was detained and asked such questions, I wasn't gonna provide anything other than my TDL, hoping like hell they detained me on suspicion of acute wetbackery.  I feel the same way now that Texas is pulling this bullshit.  Nothing would make me happier than for Deputy Bubba T. Racist to haul my ass down to the bridge and try to deport me.  Bring it.

I think it was after I sent you that email this morning, I was having a coffee with a friend who used to work for Dewhurst and was amazed at the parallels between AZ and TX (recall Dewhurst played hoops in Tucson) laws now for just being suspicious at being in the country illegally.  So you know, like an asshole...I phoned up the SB4 sponsor and Dan Patrick's office.  Got the legislative directors on from each office and used my non-specific accent with baritone/bass clarity.  And genuinely inquired, "My family is from Mexico.  But I don't know if I'm allowed to be here with the new laws signed by the Governor.  It says people who are undocumented.  I have some ID cards, but no 8 1/2x11 documents.  Like from a printer or copy machine."  They kept trying to tell me, documents just means identification.  To which I replied, "I identify as Hispanic.  But as far as like paper-sized documents, I don't have anything like that.  Am I still allowed to live here?"  One was not amused at all, like a Jerky Boys bit.  The other one called me back and was legit confused and I could hear in her voice that she was thinking, "Shit, we left this way too vague.  Even the stupids like this guy can see right through it."  

On that note, I may also be in some serious trouble so remind me to give you $1 cash next time I see you for privileged counsel.  

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

A big portion of my mom's family was born in Mexico.  The rest were from Edinburgh and Pharr.  Many still live in the RGV.  A strange percentage of them are for the "New Abbott."  I get being for old GOP, Henry Bonilla types from down there.  But this is a strange, new world.  Even for Latinos.  

I think it was after I sent you that email this morning, I was having a coffee with a friend who used to work for Dewhurst and was amazed at the parallels between AZ and TX (recall Dewhurst played hoops in Tucson) laws now for just being suspicious at being in the country illegally.  So you know, like an asshole...I phoned up the SB4 sponsor and Dan Patrick's office.  Got the legislative directors on from each office and used my non-specific accent with baritone/bass clarity.  And genuinely inquired, "My family is from Mexico.  But I don't know if I'm allowed to be here with the new laws signed by the Governor.  It says people who are undocumented.  I have some ID cards, but no 8 1/2x11 documents.  Like from a printer or copy machine."  They kept trying to tell me, documents just means identification.  To which I replied, "I identify as Hispanic.  But as far as like paper-sized documents, I don't have anything like that.  Am I still allowed to live here?"  One was not amused at all, like a Jerky Boys bit.  The other one called me back and was legit confused and I could hear in her voice that she was thinking, "Shit, we left this way too vague.  Even the stupids like this guy can see right through it."  

On that note, I may also be in some serious trouble so remind me to give you $1 cash next time I see you for privileged counsel.  

$1?  Gonna need more than that for a retainer....

RnlIgC.gif

• Haha 1

Wait, you mean like wearing sandals just out 'n about in Texas in the Spring/Summer to run errands or eat or whatever is bad?

also, you can't even wear sandals to some Texas beaches/waterways anymore because of all the exposed razor wire.  It's steel-toed boots or nuthin'! 

Yeah, this is some bullshit.

tenor.gif

El Paso County Sues Texas in a Bid to Block New Migrant Arrest Law
The county said the sweeping new law, signed by Gov. Greg Abbott, violated the Constitution and would result in thousands of arrests in El Paso alone.

El Paso County and two immigrant rights groups sued Texas officials on Tuesday to challenge a sweeping new law that allows state and local police to arrest migrants who cross from Mexico, setting up a legal showdown over federal immigration policies.

The federal lawsuit came a day after Gov. Greg Abbott signed the bill, which he called “so extreme” that he believed it would drive migrants away from Texas. Civil and immigrant rights groups and Democratic officials said the law violated the Constitution and invited racial profiling of Hispanic citizens in Texas.

In the suit, El Paso County and the two nonprofit groups argue that the state law should be struck down in its entirety because the federal government has exclusive authority over immigration matters.

The suit, filed in federal court in Austin, names as defendants the Texas Department of Public Safety, whose officers would be newly empowered to make arrests under the law, and the district attorney for El Paso, Bill Hicks, whose office would prosecute the offenses. The American Civil Liberties Union is representing the plaintiffs.

Mr. Abbott, a Republican, anticipated such a challenge. He has presented the law as a necessary reaction to what he has called the failure of President Biden to enforce existing federal law against crossing into the United States without authorization.

A spokesman for Mr. Abbott did not immediately reply to a request for comment on the lawsuit, nor did Mr. Hicks, who has said his office would not prioritize migrant arrests. A spokesman for the Department of Public Safety referred questions to Mr. Abbott’s office.

Republicans have blamed President Biden for the surge of migrants who have entered the United States in record numbers the past three years, a trend that has become a political liability for him as he seeks re-election.

Over the last two years, Mr. Abbott, a third-term Republican, has steadily ratcheted up a strategy of state border enforcement, challenging the Biden administration to take Texas to court over it. The governor and the Republican-controlled state legislature have increasingly been at odds with the municipal governments of Texas cities, where Democrats are mostly in charge. Mr. Abbott has sparred publicly with mayors and urban district attorneys in Texas over a range of policies, including coronavirus restrictions, enforcement of abortion bans and police accountability.

The top officials in El Paso County, which includes the city of El Paso, are Democrats. Before the law was signed, the sheriff’s office in El Paso, a county agency, said that it opposed the new law’s approach and would not make arrests under the law.

Mr. Abbott has tried to put pressure on Democratic leaders in several of the nation’s largest cities outside Texas by busing tens of thousands of migrants from the Texas border to destinations like New York, Washington, Los Angeles and Chicago.

The new state law, known as Senate Bill 4 and scheduled to take effect in March, makes it a misdemeanor to cross into Texas from Mexico without using an authorized port of entry. A person arrested under the law could be ordered by a court to return to Mexico or face prosecution if they did not agree to go. A second unauthorized crossing would be a felony.

A claim of asylum would not shield a migrant from arrest or prosecution for illegal entry under the new state law unless asylum had already been granted. But the process of reviewing an asylum claim often takes years.

“It’s likely that it will create a dragnet that ensnares not only undocumented immigrants, but also Americans and legal permanent residents,” said Representative Joaquin Castro, Democrat of San Antonio, who has asked the Justice Department to intervene to stop the law from taking effect.

According to the lawsuit, the Texas law is an attempt at “grasping control over immigration from the federal government and depriving people subject to that system of all of the federal rights and due process that Congress provided to them.”

Mr. Abbott said on Monday that while he believed the law would withstand legal scrutiny, it presented an opportunity for the federal courts, and ultimately the Supreme Court, to reconsider a 2012 decision, Arizona v. United States, that narrowly ruled in favor of the federal government and against state efforts to enact their own immigration laws.

In the complaint, lawyers for El Paso County estimated that the law could result in 8,000 additional arrests each year, creating steep costs for county courts and jails and upending the relationship between the county government and its large immigrant community. The county, which has 869,000 residents, estimated that new jail facilities would cost more than $160 million, along with another $24 million each year to house the migrants arrested under the law.

The two nonprofit groups that have joined with the county in filing the suit — Las Americas Immigrant Advocacy Center and American Gateways, both of which provide legal services to migrants — said the law would harm their ability to assist migrants, including those seeking asylum.

“Governor Abbott’s efforts to circumvent the federal immigration system and deny people the right to due process is not only unconstitutional, but also dangerously prone to error,” Anand Balakrishnan, senior staff attorney at the A.C.L.U.’s Immigrants’ Rights Project, said in a statement.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

i mean it's clearly unconditional and he knows that but he doesn't care because he's gone full fascoanarchist

Fascoanarchist is an oxymoron lol. Fascists want there to be a hierarchy and systems in place, just not ones based on laws or good jurisprudence. Anarchists want no system or hierarchy whatsoever 

13 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i mean it's clearly unconstitional and he knows that but he doesn't care because he's gone full fascoanarchist

It's only unconstitutional if the court says so.  (Checking notes, yep we're in the Fifth Circuit and oh, how does that SCOTUS makeup look?)

We aren’t building right now but our main guy and his entire family are moving. At least half are US citizens many of the kids that aren’t are 100% DACA poster children. I won’t disclose where but out of state never to return. I guarantee you there is going to be a labor shortage.  We about to FAFO.

12 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

It's only unconstitutional if the court says so.  (Checking notes, yep we're in the Fifth Circuit and oh, how does that SCOTUS makeup look?)

DDD gets it.  Here, let me write the first few sentences of the opinion:

"To interpret the Constitution, one can only look at the original intent at the time of its ratification.  And it is clear that in 1791, the founders had no intention to allow dark-skinned people to travel freely throughout the country.  As just one example, the enslavement of black people was completely legal at the time, and of course there was no intention that property would be free to travel.  Therefore, because in an originalist view, dark-skinned people are closer to property than they are to being actual people, we can find no basis in the constitution for any purported 'right' of dark-skinned people to freely travel in this country."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

DDD gets it.  Here, let me write the first few sentences of the opinion:

"To interpret the Constitution, one can only look at the original intent at the time of its ratification.  And it is clear that in 1791, the founders had no intention to allow dark-skinned people to travel freely throughout the country.  As just one example, the enslavement of black people was completely legal at the time, and of course there was no intention that property would be free to travel.  Therefore, because in an originalist view, dark-skinned people are closer to property than they are to being actual people, we can find no basis in the constitution for any purported 'right' of dark-skinned people to freely travel in this country."

They won't need to be too creative, really. Scalia wrote this in his dissent to Arizona v. United States:

"As a sovereign, Arizona has the inherent power to exclude persons from its territory, subject only to those limitations expressed in the Constitution or constitutionally imposed by Congress. That power to exclude has long been recognized as inherent in sovereignty."

5 or 6 (will Roberts flip?) on the court will just go with this reasoning this time around (though Thomas and Alito will likely write concurrences, given the different path they took in their dissent last time).

Next up Abbot will call for the creation of a special division of DPS whose sole mandate is to hunt down undocumented workers. They will, of course, become the best funded agency in the state, because shit in the Chryons on Fox News or OAN are the real problems government is meant to tackle.

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i mean it's clearly unconstitional and he knows that but he doesn't care because he's gone full fascoanarchist

And Trump, the person he's doing it for, will never give two shits about him because he's in a wheelchair.  Abbott has hit his glass ceiling and he's too fucking stupid to know it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And Trump, the person he's doing it for, will never give two shits about him because he's in a wheelchair.  Abbott has hit his glass ceiling and he's too fucking stupid to know it.

That's the real shittacular part of it: Abbott is putting on the asshole performance of his life for an audience of......absolutely nobody.  Not a single thing good will happen for him because of this.  He's being an asshole for nothing.

Which may well be the new GQP motto: "We're being assholes for no reason whatsoever."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I said it before and I’ll say again and again. I can’t think of a more embarrassing Longhorn alumnus that is in the public eye than Abbott. What a fucking dickhead. Just can’t count on trees anymore.

At least the aggy Rick Perry pretended to be a governor for all Texans.

Shit, he even talked about things like guest worker programs, improving conditions along the border on both sides of the border, including healthcare and education, things that could actually have an in impact on the number of illegal immigrants coming over, or at least help us get a grasp on it, and link employers with documented immigrant workers, versus what we have now where everything is under the table and in cash.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Abbott is such a dogshit human being. Donald Trump, Dan Patrick, aggy… most of them are that stupid. In some small sense you pity them rather than hold them in contempt because they’ve just been taken advantage of.

Greg Abbott is not and it comes out now then. I’m sure he believes his own bullshit to a degree after drinking the kool aid for so long but he knows exactly what he’s doing. Truly a vile man. Ted Cruz is the same way.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

It's only unconstitutional if Roberts decides it is and his buddy Kavanaugh follows daddy in his decision.

That is where we are now.

29 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Charter flights, the abbott buses were being impounded. Impound the jets next !

This shit is such a scam to line the pockets of bus and, now, charter airplane vendors all the while Abbott can crow to the Fox News crowd about being tough on immigration. Imagine what could be done if this waste of money and resources was redirected towards humanitarian aid.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

He wants to be vp or ag is my guess 

It's meanness - inflict as much misery on other folks as he can, because a tree fucked him over or because he's hit his ceiling and will never get to D.C. by winning an election.

Because for somebody who is supposedly smart, he's got to know that Trump prefers people who look like they walked out of central casting.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's meanness - inflict as much misery on other folks as he can, because a tree fucked him over or because he's hit his ceiling and will never get to D.C. by winning an election.

Because for somebody who is supposedly smart, he's got to know that Trump prefers people who look like they walked out of central casting.

he’s a piss poor human being 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2