How does the world's money stay protected?

shadow_operative

I've read that something like 33% of the world's money is physical, eg paper and coins, while the other 2/3 of it is pretty much just numbers on a screen somewhere. How do we protect that? What stops some super hacker from sending the entire world into a global recession by manipulating this "money"? A stupid question I'm sure, but i'm genuinely curious/clueless. 

currency or "money" in the royal sense?

Currency: approx 8% is physical. How is the digital aspect protected? depending on what "it" is, many different ways. the easy answer is access controls and crypto data protection. For you as a consumer tapping your iphone at the store and payment happening via a payment card "on the device"? usually via tokenization or a device specific cryptogram, lots of ways. 

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, I know., but it's from the official Wells Fargo collection, so I went with it.

so the guy had an account for a shotgun, but never actually received the shotgun.

I don't know the answer to the OP, but I do have an OCD checking bank and equities accounts daily, and often multiple times daily.  For that very reason.  Right now they are just numbers on my screen.  I just want to know they can becomes stacks on stacks on stacks should the need arise.

It takes a hacker to catch a hacker.  You're lucky that me and my team are just that.  First off, I know who you all are.  I know from online profiles and vetting that @Incredulity is in fact a grumpy old fart with saggy man-boobs.  @Brisketexanreally is a neurotic nut job.  @South Austin is largely unattractive, but his mom...she fucks.  @ztejas likes store-bought tortillas and sneaks taco bell on cheat days. 

Anyway, here is what we do.  My team and I are experienced in cyber security and hacking.  For a nominal fee, we can and will make online deposits in any account across the globe for a nominal fee.  We do this because we care.  We do this because there are unscrupulous actors that in bad faith, would rob you blind.

To get bank account transfer from our trusted bank account hacking forum, we need the following information so that you are provided with smooth service

BANK NAME : …………………………………..

ACCOUNT NAME : ………………………………

ACCOUNT NUMBER: ……………………………

ROUTING NUMBER/SWIFT CODE/IBAN/IFSC : ………….. (Any of these can serve due to different country requirement)

• USA
  • UK
  • UAE
  • Canada
  • Australia 
  • Russia 
  • Netherlands
  • China
  • Malaysia

IF YOUR COUNTRY IS NOT LISTED CLICK HERE TO CHECK FOR YOUR COUNTRY ON OUR TRANSFER LIST

• $2,000 – $4,000====== $450
  • $5,000 – $7,000====== $750
  • $8,000 – $10,000===== $1,050
  • $50,000 (VIP) =======  $5,250
  • $100,000 (VIP) ======  $10,100
  • $200,000 (VIP) ======  $20,200

TRANSFER CLEARING TIME: If the transfer is to be made in UK, USA, EU, Canada or Australia, then we shall provide you with same day service but if the transfer is made in Russia, Dubai or Singapore then allow us 1 to 2 business days.

REGULATIONS AND NOTES:

– We only transfer the minimum $4000 for amount $450 to your account. Do not ask for a lower rate.
– The customer must pay 100% before working with us.
– Please do not bid or spam, nor use vulgar words.
– We can call off a deal when the clients goes against our instructions and guide to ensure a successful deal.
– You are free to ask your questions to our customers representative for further clarification if your question is not indicated.
– Do not contact us and ask for free service or percentage deals.
– We appreciate if you go straight to business.

EMAIL: russianhackersteam@gmail.com

TELEGRAM: @russianhacks

WICKR: hacklord

22 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

I've read that something like 33% of the world's money is physical, eg paper and coins, while the other 2/3 of it is pretty much just numbers on a screen somewhere. How do we protect that? What stops some super hacker from sending the entire world into a global recession by manipulating this "money"? A stupid question I'm sure, but i'm genuinely curious/clueless. 

If you want a real answer lol, ledgers are kept on Write One, Read Many (WORM) systems which effectively act as an irrevocable trusted ledger. Access and modifications to sources of record like that are controlled and limited through use of encryption for data access and assurance.

It's basically math (encryption) on top of typical operational security measures like least privileged access and HEAVY auditing for irregularities

• Like 1