Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

36 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This country is just full of broken people. Across the board. My god. I, for one, am going to try and enjoy our last couple of decades (fingers crossed) before we follow Rome into the abyss. 

Our military superiority will keep us propped up for far longer than we deserve.  As far as empires and their inevitable decline, ours is a very short blip on the radar of history. We had favorable geography and some good nerds that built on the work of foreigners to bring to ground a novel weapon that we deployed and left us last man standing with a big stick.  We appropriated some other scientists that built rockets and we did some other shit over the next few decades to establish economic and military hegemony over most of the world. Nobody should really think that this was a sustainable long term basis for a society, much less a functional modern empire with any staying power.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Our military superiority will keep us propped up for far longer than we deserve.  As far as empires and their inevitable decline, ours is a very short blip on the radar of history. We had favorable geography and some good nerds that built on the work of foreigners to bring to ground a novel weapon that we deployed and left us last man standing with a big stick.  We appropriated some other scientists that built rockets and we did some other shit over the next few decades to establish economic and military hegemony over most of the world. Nobody should really think that this was a sustainable long term basis for a society, much less a functional modern empire with any staying power.  

Brisket took over Ana's account?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

I guess they just got more stupid people in the middle to dislike his incredible offerings since he’s taken office.   

What incredible offerings are you referring to?  Seems like he is spending most of his time on the virus.  Hopefully you're good with that.

Don't tell me you give a shit about Afghanistan.  That thread is on page 2, BTW.  Pretty soon the search function won't be able to find it.

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

What incredible offerings are you referring to?  Seems like he is spending most of his time on the virus.  Hopefully you're good with that.

Don't tell me you give a shit about Afghanistan.  That thread is on page 2, BTW.  Pretty soon the search function won't be able to find it.

He was gonna squash the virus (which any living human with a brain knew was fucking regarded), we’re dangerously close to having a zero growth 3rd quarter that was predicted at 6% just months ago, the border is a fucking disaster, Afghanistan was beyond embarrassing, and his credibility with our closest allies is as bad or worse than Trump’s right now.   All this in 9 months time.   What a world! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He was gonna squash the virus (which any living human with a brain knew was fucking regarded), we’re dangerously close to having a zero growth 3rd quarter that was predicted at 6% just months ago, the border is a fucking disaster, Afghanistan was beyond embarrassing, and his credibility with our closest allies is as bad or worse than Trump’s right now.   All this in 9 months time.   What a world! 

You forgot inflation, which I don’t totally blame him for, and high energy prices, which fall directly at his feet. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

He was gonna squash the virus (which any living human with a brain knew was fucking regarded)

Well, a lot of that also depended on half of the population not being absolute fucking insane dipshit anti-vaxx morons, which I guess he should have known, so I'll give you that one, but not really.

we’re dangerously close to having a zero growth 3rd quarter that was predicted at 6% just months ago,

See previous

the border is a fucking disaster,

The border is certainly not ideal, and I want them to do better.  They aren't purposely separating children from their parents and losing them on purpose to never be found again, so I see that as a plus.  In comparison to the last guy, I'll call it a wash at this point, which is still not acceptable.

Afghanistan was beyond embarrassing

This was going to happen no matter what.  Hell, it's public record that dotard wanted to do it even worse.  Fuck off with this.

and his credibility with our closest allies is as bad or worse than Trump’s right now.

And lol wut?

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

and high energy prices, which fall directly at his feet. 

I know I shouldn't be responding to the troll, but I'm actually curious about this one, since I just saw gas in Austin at $2.79, which is higher than I remember.  I only fill up every couple of months now, since I don't drive for work and my other car is, gasp, an electric.  

What did Biden do that caused the price hike?  Actual serious question, as I'm not aware.

46 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

So why are you butthurt?

The first decision facing the White House now is a strategic one. Should it try and squeeze as many programs as it can into a smaller reconciliation bill, using delayed implementation dates, early sunsets, and other accounting ploys to hold down the over-all price tag? (During the Administrations of George W. Bush and Donald Trump, Republicans successfully employed similar tactics to pass hefty tax cuts that primarily benefitted large corporations and the rich.) Or should Biden try to focus the bill on a handful of his top priorities, insuring that these programs get adequately funded for longer, an approach that would make it harder for Republicans to roll them back in a future Congress? The first option may well be the easiest to sell to individual Democrats on the Hill, who each have their own priorities, and it appears to be the favored option of some prominent progressives. The second option, by providing more clarity to voters, could conceivably work out better for Biden and the Party as a whole going into the 2022 midterms and the 2024 Presidential election, and it could also make it more likely that the policy changes stick.

Interesting synopsis of the "dilemma" Biden is facing.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

So why are you butthurt?

I’m not butthurt by any stretch.   I think it’s comical how anyone can defend him at this juncture, that’s all.   I didn’t vote for him or orange man.   So I’m also not a bad faith troll as @Js1 says.  

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I’m not butthurt by any stretch.   I think it’s comical how anyone can defend him at this juncture, that’s all.   I didn’t vote for him or orange man.   So I’m also not a bad faith troll as @Js1 says.  

Who has to defend him? He's not a Republican. That's more than enough.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Who has to defend him? He's not a Republican. That's more than enough.

Exhibit A of Naked Politics and Team Identity.

I can't wait for Yang to build out his sizable consensus and third party option. 

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

23 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Yeah bro you are. You fly in here to ask why Joe Biden hasn’t fixed every problem in America without acknowledging he’s being hamstrung by every GOP Senator and Governor in the country and the Senate is literally 50/50. 

“But I didn’t vote for either” That doesn’t make you above it all. It makes you a moron, actually. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

Let's dismantle some of this Trey bullshit, one by one.  "Energy".  Here's the continuous contract price of gasoline for the last 10 years.  Show me where Joe Biden touched you.

Jesus Christ, you're a smarter and better person than this, Trey.

image.thumb.png.7d61ff4909d29bda58ab47fcace2b6ab.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

giphy.gif

I know I shouldn't be responding to the troll, but I'm actually curious about this one, since I just saw gas in Austin at $2.79, which is higher than I remember.  I only fill up every couple of months now, since I don't drive for work and my other car is, gasp, an electric.  
What did Biden do that caused the price hike?  Actual serious question, as I'm not aware.

Lots of reasons on the commodity prices. I’m on my iPad, but I’ll do a longer post later. However, has nothing to do with Biden and more with the overall commodity market structure right now.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

I have one rule in politics: never vote for a Republican.

Can we be best friends?

1 hour ago, Fastbreak said:

I think by 2050 we will enter the new Dark Ages. I feel sorry for those of you that have kids. Their lives are probably going to be fucked. 

Sweet. So you're saying life as we know it will effectively end when I have just crested my 70's and my dick (likely) stops working? Hopefully by then we'll have legalized euthanasia by then. 

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Let's dismantle some of this Trey bullshit, one by one.  "Energy".  Here's the continuous contract price of gasoline for the last 10 years.  Show me where Joe Biden touched you.

Jesus Christ, you're a smarter and better person than this, Trey.

image.thumb.png.7d61ff4909d29bda58ab47fcace2b6ab.png

To be fair, I didn’t mention energy in my rant 

I think he’s a shit president and will absolutely vote his desiccated corpse over Trump trying to Grover Cleveland this thing in 3 years.  The two aren’t mutually exclusive. 

he’s probably the least effective at moving public opinion of any president we’ve had since these things have been important, like 1900 or so.  

also, he wouldn’t have this perception issue if the below weren’t true. 

which means when we get Trump in 2024, we can thank Kyrsten for that too. what an absolute piece of garbage she is.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

I think he’s a shit president and will absolutely vote his desiccated corpse over Trump trying to Grover Cleveland this thing in 3 years.  The two aren’t mutually exclusive. 

he’s probably the least effective at moving public opinion of any president we’ve had since these things have been important, like 1900 or so.  

which means when we get Trump in 2024, we can thank Kyrsten for that too. what an absolute piece of garbage she is.

image.jpeg.11ebffdf361f1b16a4824ae82e16d174.jpeg

And this outcome was very predictable, unfortunately.

19 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Negged.  You're going to have to try harder.

• Fuck You 2

He was elected to right the ship.

• He has been stymied by the Chamber of Commerce Democrats (very small group of dickfuck grifters in the House) and an old corrupt Senator with a newly minted Code-Pink turned corrupt as fuck Senator).
  • Add in the Trump Vaccine resistors, prosperity preachers, and right wing militia groups - and belligerent drumbeats from China. 
  • And zero help from any Republican. 

He job is not done. The obstructionists are paid to make sure it is never completed.

Some human and corporate citizens are despicable in their greed. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

He was elected to right the ship.

• He has been stymied by the Chamber of Commerce Democrats (very small group of dickfuck grifters in the House) and an old corrupt Senator with a newly minted Code-Pink turned corrupt as fuck Senator).
  • Add in the Trump Vaccine resistors, prosperity preachers, and right wing militia groups - and belligerent drumbeats from China. 
  • And zero help from any Republican. 

He job is not done. The obstructionists are paid to make sure it is never completed.

Some human and corporate citizens are despicable in their greed. 

Biden keeping Chinese tariffs and taking a stern approach with China has been surprising to me. What are your thoughts there?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Virus - 70 million (Republicans) refuse to get vaccinated 

Border - is it Tuesday again?

Afghanistan - we evacuated 100K in a couple weeks. If anyone thought the Afghan Gov wasn’t going to collapse, then why did we feel the need negotiate with their enemy? 

Allies - this has to be a joke right? Is this because the French are pissed we formed a pact with our two closer allies UK/AUS to oppose China? Sweet Jesus. A big leap from other heads of state openly mocking our leader. 

STOP WATCHING FOX NEWS. 

Imagine thinking Joe Biden is responsible for the fact that tens of millions of Republicans are trafficking in vaccine disinformation and turning their party into a death cult.

Biden deserves criticism for plenty of shit (such as his administration's near-immediate surrender on voting rights), but "he didn't eliminate the pandemic" is bullshit. If his administration has done anything well it was the initial vaccine rollout and it's not their fault the Republican party has turned into an enormous toddler that would rather kill itself than do anything that a Democrat says is a good idea.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Biden keeping Chinese tariffs and taking a stern approach with China has been surprising to me. What are your thoughts there?

I'm a bit surprised there wasn't even some kind of token approach to ending or at least changing the tariffs.  An old-school political tack, like claim that the tariffs will be drastically modified but in reality, not.

The stern approach with China is obviously required.  China has made it clear in the past few years that they are our enemy.  Regardless of who is President, a stern approach with China would have been employed.  Maybe too little, too late, but it's the right thing to do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Biden restores national parkland/land that is sacred to Native Americans and the GOP is pissed.

What's the point in destroying the environment if you can't also give the Natives a big fuck you?

Edited by 'stache
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Imagine thinking Joe Biden is responsible for the fact that tens of millions of Republicans are trafficking in vaccine disinformation and turning their party into a death cult.

Biden deserves criticism for plenty of shit (such as his administration's near-immediate surrender on voting rights), but "he didn't eliminate the pandemic" is bullshit. If his administration has done anything well it was the initial vaccine rollout and it's not their fault the Republican party has turned into an enormous toddler that would rather kill itself than do anything that a Democrat says is a good idea.

There are a significant number of democrats not getting the vaccine as well and spreading mis-information.  I am unfortunate enough to have two sisters on this path.

• Fuck You 1