Edinburg player hits ref after being ejected

Walte464

Samuel Ringgold, father of modern artillery, was from Port Isabel which was Santa Isabel previously. Santa Isabel is in the Solomon Islands and Puerto Rico. I don't know if anyone famous came from the Solomon Islands but Jose Guzman (pitcher) came from Santa Isabel, PR.

12 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

No one else is going to question this stat line?  102 tackles?

Really talented football players in the RGV usually have pretty stupid stat lines due to competition level. Add in that he was a Dlineman mostly facing run teams and it’s believable to not be too far off if it is inaccurate. The reporter at the game last night put that number in his article. 

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

God damn I would be so mad if I was another player on that team. You work your whole football life to make noise in the playoffs your jr and Sr year. To have that taken away from you AFTER A WIN, when you had nothing to do with it? I feel like there has to be people on that team that wants to fight that dude. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Hate said:

Not hating. At least Edinburg is still in Texas. But Edinburgh, Scotland has this.

d3cc068c70015e8cf321b64be599118c.jpg

0e6adbdfb1e9b36a1db605b89c56dee2.jpg

You 100% correct and then some.  But there  are some pretty hot Latinas at UTRGV and compared to Scottish Women,   Edinburg USA might have an edge over Edinbugh, Scotland in that department.    

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It sends a message to players and coaches everywhere to be looking for red flags that a player might be a psycho and to address attitude problems before they erupt into something like this.   Nobody polices behavior better than your own peers after you fuck things up for them. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

why punish the whole team?  

Guy had a history that was ignored because FOOTBAWL! Punishment of the program is the correct move.

Sucks for the other kids, but I would be shocked if they were surprised by his action.  Hang with a hothead(or roid rager), you're gonna have a bad time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Guy had a history that was ignored because FOOTBAWL! Punishment of the program is the correct move.

Sucks for the other kids, but I would be shocked if they were surprised by his action.  Hang with a hothead(or roid rager), you're gonna have a bad time.

Really the administrators  and/or coaches who cleared the kid to play this year after the history from last year should be accountable.   And the coach REALLY should be held accountable if this kid had been penalized over the course of this shorten season for unsportsmanlike stuff.    That's why I think they CYA themselves with canceling the teams playoff appearance.   Looks tough to the public you know.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

You 100% correct and then some.  But there  are some pretty hot Latinas at UTRGV and compared to Scottish Women,   Edinburg USA might have an edge over Edinbugh, Scotland in that department.    

Yeah, there are more hot women in Edinburg, Texas than the whole of Scotland.
  • Hook 'Em 3

42 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

I haven’t read all 117 responses yet but I wonder if that kid has a father in his life?

Great question...to which the answer may be a resounding “No”...or sadly an even more resounding, “Yes, that’s where he learned this behavior.”

5 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Its the polar opposite of 'everyone gets a trophy '

Really? I see it as the same.
Win as a TEAM, lose as aTEAM. get rewarded as a TEAM. Take punishment as a TEAM. 

Although, they do hand out MVP awards at the end of the season..so....???

I don’t agree with the punishment at all. The kid is getting arrested and charged with assault. The players and coaches tried to stop him and break it up. They didn’t escalate the situation. Disqualifying the entire team seems like over kill. Hasn’t something similar happened in the NFL, or other sports? The player who committed the act and/or anyone that played a part in escalating the situation should get the fucking hammer. The others had absolutely nothing to do with it. Could you imagine if (insert hot head NFL player) got his entire team kicked out of the wild card round of the NFL playoffs? Yeah, me either.

And yea I realize the nfl is a bad example, but I don’t see why you punish the other kids that have worked their whole life for that opportunity. That’s fucking devastating for them, and it’s not their fault 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 1

It’s not fair at all, but not much in life is. I think it’s more a punishment of the coaching staff for letting a known loose cannon on the team just because he was good. I do feel bad for the rest of the team/band/cheersquad/parents, especially Edinburg’s #72, who really stopped the situation from becoming much worse. But for optics I don’t think the district had much other choice. At the very least, that’s 50-60 young men that for the rest of their lives might think twice before they act out in anger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

why punish the whole team?  

To make a statement towards any other idiot who should ever consider this again.

It sucks, but the bigger issue at hand is protecting the officials.

The NCAA should take note regarding other serious infractions...but of course it will not.

45 minutes ago, thepop said:

Fuck. I tried Haggis in Edinburgh and that shit was not good. The only good food in the UK is the seafood.

I usually stick to ethnic food: Indian, Asian, Mediterranean, etc... whenever I have to work in London. English, Scottish is awful.

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

To make a statement towards any other idiot who should ever consider this again.

It sucks, but the bigger issue at hand is protecting the officials.

The NCAA should take note regarding other serious infractions...but of course it will not.

Yup. These high school officials are what make high school football possible. There is a huge shortage of officials and the pay is not very good. It’s a second job kind of thing for them. 

55 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t agree with the punishment at all. The kid is getting arrested and charged with assault. The players and coaches tried to stop him and break it up. They didn’t escalate the situation. Disqualifying the entire team seems like over kill. Hasn’t something similar happened in the NFL, or other sports? The player who committed the act and/or anyone that played a part in escalating the situation should get the fucking hammer. The others had absolutely nothing to do with it. Could you imagine if (insert hot head NFL player) got his entire team kicked out of the wild card round of the NFL playoffs? Yeah, me either.

And yea I realize the nfl is a bad example, but I don’t see why you punish the other kids that have worked their whole life for that opportunity. That’s fucking devastating for them, and it’s not their fault 

It sucks for them but they're sending a message for ever coach and player now and to come later...

Fuck around and find out

• Fuck You 1