Brian Kelly or Bust

RGBIII

8 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

ND has an average recruiting class of drum roll please...... of 14 over the last 10 years and the highest they ever got to was 5, Texas under going 3 coaching changes and the absolute worst decade in program history averaged 10 with multiple top 5 classes. Kelly and ND get their asses kicked because the talent gap between 10-15 and 1-3 is fucking massive and it's no shock that when ND runs into Bama and Clemson they get their asses kicked .

What about when UT runs into Bama and Clemson?  Oh wait...

10 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Kelly is a fantastic game day coach and a damn good x's and o's guy but he lacks the elite talent needed to win at the highest levels at ND IMO

yeah you haven't watched a full game other than Clemson 2020 part 1.

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

There is twice as much talent right now at Texas than what Kelly walked into at ND. You could honestly agrue there is more talent at Texas right now than there is at ND.

Weis recruited a lot of star talent on offense only to have them loaf around during practice.  There was a serious qb problem in those 8 win seasons.  And in some ways it lingers on as you'll see on NYD. 

1 minute ago, Landomatic said:

What about when UT runs into Bama and Clemson?  Oh wait...

If we are facing Clemson or Bama in the playoffs the play offs or title games we will be a roster stacked with top 3 classes just like them dumbass. ND has a lot of recruiting restrictions and falls short of stacking the roster like a top 5 team like Texas can.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Not a Sock said:

If we are facing Clemson or Bama in the playoffs the play offs or title games we will be a roster stacked with top 3 classes just like them dumbass. ND has a lot of recruiting restrictions and falls short of stacking the roster like a top 5 team like Texas can.

Your sarcasm meter.  Check it.

Hadn’t seen from you in a while and don’t care to review this thread. How do you know for sure, and who do you suspect is replacing him?

I have a close relationship on the Texas side, but have no idea who they are getting. I just know Urban has said no twice. That’s it.
  • Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, markstanco said:
On 12/28/2020 at 10:59 AM, Henry Hill said:
All in for this Kelly.
200.gif

I was invited to her wedding. Didn't go.

Through her side or her husbands? Her husband Brady is a family friend, we haven’t been on the Christmas card list for years but always put this one up with the rest so people think we are best friends with Kelly Kapowski 

4A4699D7-32D6-443B-B791-D84811079FA1.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

FCB

TOM HERMAN’S JOB STATUS

10092956.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Scott Wachter, USA TODAY Sports)

After Texas’ Alamo Bowl win over Colorado, I reached out to a high-ranking university source and asked if Texas finishing the season 7-3 as Tom Herman improved to 4-0 in bowl games changed anything?

The response was: “Remind me again who we played?”

So, no. Nothing has changed.

After the college football bowl season has concluded, there will be a meeting of the minds involving athletic director Chris Del Conte, UT president Jay Hartzell and regents chairman Kevin Eltife about a final evaluation of the football program’s direction, the university source said.

It’s at that point either there will be consensus about moving on from Herman or consensus about Herman continuing as coach in 2021, the source said.

There’s been speculation lately about Texas possibly going after Alabama offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian or Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly.

Apples and oranges it seems. I get it.

Kelly, who got a new contract through 2024 earlier this year, is 102-38 (.729) in 11 seasons at Notre Dame (just three wins shy of tying Knute Rockne as ND’s all-time winningest coach).

Kelly’s team (10-1) is in the College Football Playoff against Sarkisian’s team (Alabama, 11-0) on Friday.

While several industry sources said they believe Kelly would leave Notre Dame for Texas, because ND’s academic and budget restrictions have grown tiresome for Kelly, one Texas source told me there’s no chance Kelly leaves South Bend three games shy of tying Rockne’s 105 victories.

But if Texas was ready to fork out an eight-digit salary to land Urban Meyer, would UT administrators do whatever it took to buy Kelly’s happiness (probably less than eight digits, by the way)?

Have you ever been to South Bend? Once you drive off campus, you're in the middle of nowhere.

No offense to Knute Rockne, Touchdown Jesus, the Leprachaun and the Golden Dome, but Texas’ money-whipping skills would seem to come in handy right about now, especially with a renovated stadium and football complex opening in August.

Meanwhile, Sarkisian is leading the nation’s No. 2 scoring offense (49.7 points per game), featuring three of this year’s five Heisman Trophy finalists (RB Najee Harris, QB Mac Jones and WR DeVonta Smith). So is it Sarkisian? Or Nick Saban’s talent factory that has the Tide’s offense rollin’?

No surprise here: Sarkisian would take the Texas job in a heartbeat, I’m told.

But does Sarkisian’s record when he’s actually in charge as head coach (34-29, .540, in five seasons at Washington and 12-6 at USC before getting fired for disorderly conduct) move the needle to the tune of a $25 million buyout?

3COMMENTS

After a vague statement reaffirming Herman as coach before signing day earlier this month, Del Conte told Horns247 Herman would be the coach in 2021.

Del Conte didn’t say how far into 2021 Herman would be the coach. We’re a day away from 2021 folks.

Is Texas about to go all in for a new football coach? Or are the Horns drawing dead? We’re about to find out.

Stay tuned

• Hook 'Em 2

Just wondering how well coached Brian Kelly teams really are and would BK be able to put together teams at TEXAS that would beat Lincoln Riley ??

At times Notre Dame has built great O-linemen in the past and Elko was a solid DC, but where's the great offenses ??  Any examples of great player development especially on offense??  What QB's have really played great for BK??

Btw... TEXAS needs someone who can fuckin' recruit too !!!

10 hours ago, markstanco said:
On 12/28/2020 at 8:59 AM, Henry Hill said:
All in for this Kelly.
200.gif

I was invited to her wedding. Didn't go.

Dude get the fuck outta here!!! That's a HUGE coincidence because I don't know jill or her husband brady but i have beat off to her tit pics at least 1,000,000 times in my younger years. Oh and i wasn't invited just wanted to tell you that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Just wondering how well coached Brian Kelly teams really are and would BK be able to put together teams at TEXAS that would beat Lincoln Riley ??

At times Notre Dame has built great O-linemen in the past and Elko was a solid DC, but where's the great offenses ??  Any examples of great player development especially on offense??  What QB's have really played great for BK??

I know this is the lowest possible bar, but Kelly at ND has had more offensive players taken in the first round (7) than Texas has had offensive players drafted in all rounds combined (6) during the same time frame.
  • Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Through her side or her husbands? Her husband Brady is a family friend, we haven’t been on the Christmas card list for years but always put this one up with the rest so people think we are best friends with Kelly Kapowski 

4A4699D7-32D6-443B-B791-D84811079FA1.jpeg

I watched all of White Collar a couple years ago and I just now made the connection.. In my defense I came around after the Saved By the Bell era. 

30 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I know this is the lowest possible bar, but Kelly at ND has had more offensive players taken in the first round (7) than Texas has had offensive players drafted in all rounds combined (6) during the same time frame.

Thanks.  Still have concerns that BK's offenses lack explosiveness -- although trying to outscore Blinkin's teams is a formula for failure.

But watching what Clemson just did to Notre Dame in the ACC Championship game really concerns me -- worried it's a preview of a BK coached TEXAS team against Blinkin' and blOU.  Hope I'm wrong -- Fuck 2020 !!!

Found this source on Notre Dame NFL Draft Picks...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Notre_Dame_Fighting_Irish_in_the_NFL_Draft#:~:text=Selections Year , Carolina Panthers 38 more rows

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

FCB

TOM HERMAN’S JOB STATUS

10092956.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Scott Wachter, USA TODAY Sports)

After Texas’ Alamo Bowl win over Colorado, I reached out to a high-ranking university source and asked if Texas finishing the season 7-3 as Tom Herman improved to 4-0 in bowl games changed anything?

The response was: “Remind me again who we played?”

So, no. Nothing has changed.

After the college football bowl season has concluded, there will be a meeting of the minds involving athletic director Chris Del Conte, UT president Jay Hartzell and regents chairman Kevin Eltife about a final evaluation of the football program’s direction, the university source said.

It’s at that point either there will be consensus about moving on from Herman or consensus about Herman continuing as coach in 2021, the source said.

There’s been speculation lately about Texas possibly going after Alabama offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian or Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly.

Apples and oranges it seems. I get it.

Kelly, who got a new contract through 2024 earlier this year, is 102-38 (.729) in 11 seasons at Notre Dame (just three wins shy of tying Knute Rockne as ND’s all-time winningest coach).

Kelly’s team (10-1) is in the College Football Playoff against Sarkisian’s team (Alabama, 11-0) on Friday.

While several industry sources said they believe Kelly would leave Notre Dame for Texas, because ND’s academic and budget restrictions have grown tiresome for Kelly, one Texas source told me there’s no chance Kelly leaves South Bend three games shy of tying Rockne’s 105 victories.

But if Texas was ready to fork out an eight-digit salary to land Urban Meyer, would UT administrators do whatever it took to buy Kelly’s happiness (probably less than eight digits, by the way)?

Have you ever been to South Bend? Once you drive off campus, you're in the middle of nowhere.

No offense to Knute Rockne, Touchdown Jesus, the Leprachaun and the Golden Dome, but Texas’ money-whipping skills would seem to come in handy right about now, especially with a renovated stadium and football complex opening in August.

Meanwhile, Sarkisian is leading the nation’s No. 2 scoring offense (49.7 points per game), featuring three of this year’s five Heisman Trophy finalists (RB Najee Harris, QB Mac Jones and WR DeVonta Smith). So is it Sarkisian? Or Nick Saban’s talent factory that has the Tide’s offense rollin’?

No surprise here: Sarkisian would take the Texas job in a heartbeat, I’m told.

But does Sarkisian’s record when he’s actually in charge as head coach (34-29, .540, in five seasons at Washington and 12-6 at USC before getting fired for disorderly conduct) move the needle to the tune of a $25 million buyout?

3COMMENTS

After a vague statement reaffirming Herman as coach before signing day earlier this month, Del Conte told Horns247 Herman would be the coach in 2021.

Del Conte didn’t say how far into 2021 Herman would be the coach. We’re a day away from 2021 folks.

Is Texas about to go all in for a new football coach? Or are the Horns drawing dead? We’re about to find out.

Stay tuned

I think Knute Rockne should stay ND’s winningest coach of all time.  You know, for like historical preservation purposes and shit.

53 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Texas needs to lose the stigma of where talent comes to die. Kelly or Meyer would accomplish this.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Will probably need someone with a subscription to one of those advanced stat places to break it down. In watching their games it appears their offense doesn't rely on the big play as much as our current offense but they are about the same production wise from a normal stats comparison this year and last year. 

The key difference I've noticed is overall offensive line play as well as better overall defensive play.

• Like 1

Thanks.  Still have concerns that BK's offenses lack explosiveness -- although trying to outscore Blinkin's teams is a formula for failure.
But watching what Clemson just did to Notre Dame in the ACC Championship game really concerns me -- worried it's a preview of a BK coached TEXAS team against Blinkin' and blOU.  Hope I'm wrong -- Fuck 2020 !!!

Found this source on Notre Dame NFL Draft Picks...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Notre_Dame_Fighting_Irish_in_the_NFL_Draft#:~:text=Selections Year , Carolina Panthers 38 more rows

It’s not an unreasonable concern. I’d hope Kelly would use the resources available to snag an elite OC if he came here.

19 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Will probably need someone with a subscription to one of those advanced stat places to break it down. In watching their games it appears their offense doesn't rely on the big play as much as our current offense but they are about the same production wise from a normal stats comparison this year and last year. The key difference I've noticed is overall offensive line play as well as better overall defensive play.

Thanks.  Yeah, BK seems to currently run a more ball control, methodical type offense like Iowa State under Matt Campbell -- But with his current roster and talent level, that might be the best strategy. 

Wonder how BK might adjust his offenses with more talent??

29 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Thanks.  Yeah, BK seems to currently run a more ball control, methodical type offense like Iowa State under Matt Campbell -- But with his current roster and talent level, that might be the best strategy. 

Wonder how BK might adjust his offenses with more talent??

If you notch up the OL play, have a QB that can zip the ball or hit guys in stride on deep balls (Casey seems capable of this although there's not a lot on tape) you can run pretty simple schemes or "ball control" offense and still rack up 50 and 60 yard scores. So much of it is discipline and execution rather than scheme. I don't know how many deep balls Sam either missed or had a guy drop over his career but it was a fuckton.