Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Damon Sayles: Knowledge of A&M very high with new OL offer Javion Cohen

Texas A&M lost an offensive lineman pledge Wednesday evening in Fort Bend Kempner 4-star Akinola Ogunbiyi. The Aggies still have three offensive linemen committed in the 2020 class, but with new offensive line coach Josh Henson, some are wondering if a couple of new names can be added to the class.

Phenix City, Alabama, offensive tackle Javion Cohen was offered by the Aggies on Tuesday, and with 23 reported offers, Cohen is a definite player for Aggie fans to watch. Part of that reason is Cohen's knowledge of Texas A&M. With schools like Auburn and Alabama owning a proximity advantage, Cohen is a player who -- despite never stepping foot in College Station -- knows much about what the Aggies bring to the table.

"My dad grew up a Jimbo Fisher fan. He loves him," said Cohen, a standout from Central High School. "And I knew about the [A&M] program before he even got there. The 12th Man is one of the best fan bases in the country. Johnny Manziel was one of my favorite quarterbacks and one of the best to ever play the game." Add in the fact that Cohen is well aware of Texas A&M's academic reputation and that he has an interest in zoology, and it's easy to quickly like him as a student-athlete. Cohen also sells himself well as a 6-foot-4, 265-pound offensive tackle, someone with good length and an ability to frustrate defenders in both run and pass situations.

Cohen was on a Central team that won the Alabama 7A state championship in December. The Red Devils finished with a 14-0 record this past season and cruised to easy victories in 13 of 14 games -- including the title game, where they blew out Thompson, 52-7. "I want to show I'm the most athletic person on the field," Cohen said. "I truly believe my footwork and my hands are second to none. I want people to see the way I drive through people is as valuable as Coach Fisher said I was. And, I won't quit. I'll never quit."

Cohen took an unofficial visit to Mississippi State on Wednesday and called the trip "an eye-opener." He's hoping to make his first trip to Texas A&M sometime this spring, possibly for a spring practice. Offered by Henson, Cohen has heard about the lifestyle of football in the state of Texas. He is eager to not only learn more but see the lifestyle for himself. "The everyday life there, that's what I want to see," he said. "It's big down there; it's Texas. I want to see how they function at practice. I know how Coach Henson coaches, so I want to see how dedicated they are to the program."

To add, Cohen is very interest in learning more about Texas A&M's educational background. He hopes to one day obtain a degree where he can be either a veterinarian or a zoologist. A 3-star prospect, Cohen is ranked the nation's No. 44 offensive tackle, and he's a top-500 player nationally according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He has one official visit set so far, to South Carolina the weekend of April 26.

3 hours ago, TexasMan said:

26:40 - 30:00

Brauninger: "What do you think of Garrett Hayes as an OL commit?" 

Looch: "tu's OL recruits are overrated." 

And other "good" recruiting nuggets from these morons. 

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0113483-fvtf.mp3

Also, I bet Looch didnt even know who Hayes was before aggy offered and now he's the best OL in the state.

And I love his comparison of Bankhead to Parr.

Looch, who previously stated that Garth is one of the best OL in the state, says Garth and Parr are “ridiculously overrated” by the biased recruiting rankings. He also says Garret Hayes is better than Garth and Parr, while at the same time saying he’s a developmental guy. 

And Aggies pay him money to shit like this. 

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Looch, who previously stated that Garth is one of the best OL in the state, says Garth and Parr are “ridiculously overrated” by the biased recruiting rankings. He also says Garret Hayes is better than Garth and Parr, while at the same time saying he’s a developmental guy. 

And Aggies pay him money to shit like this. 

Pumping sunshine up assholes and making a killing off of it since the late 1900's. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 12:51 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Stupid sip, go look at all the crystal ball picks for 2021 class.  Jimbo got this.

D. Craig and his money bags will always keep aggie in the picture when it comes to recruits from bama that are not top priority for the tide. We’re talking about highest level of sec dirty dirt.

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Ha Jordan Jefferson getting the slow trap door. He tweeted he hasn’t heard from Aggy in awhile. 

Is it wrong for me to hope that he stays committed so aggy either has to: a) take him; or b) pull his scholarship and deal with the associated fallout? I feel really bad for Jefferson - he's done nothing wrong aside from accepting a scholarship offer to that shit show - but it sounds like aggy is going to screw him either way.

Hopefully, they do so in the most spectacularly disastrous way possible (for aggy, not Jefferson).

Edited by campcrunk

To add, Cohen is very interest in learning more about Texas A&M's educational background. He hopes to one day obtain a degree where he can be either a veterinarian or a zoologist. 

Aggy typically only uses this line for the high profile pipe dream recruits.  It's obvious to me that aggy recruiting is in trouble and the propaganda ministry has received their marching orders.

Spoiler

Jason Howell

10:46a

Staff

Let's jump right in

First, I received word from a few sources that Clear Creek OL Chad Lindberg has a few visits coming up including a stop by Texas A&M to meet with Coach Henson. He will visit Clemson and Georgia over Spring Break and he plans to attend Texas' spring game. Notre Dame and Northwestern are a couple of other visit possibilities. Everything I have heard and continue to hear points to this being a Stanford/Texas recruiting battle, but getting him to College Station with Henson is a big step. 

I have to say I like the Aggies chances with recent offer Javion Cohen out of Phenix City (AL) Central. As he told us after receiving his offer, his dad is a Jimbo Fisher fan and he already knows coach Henson well. Henson offered when he was at Oklahoma State. He already has a good chemistry with coach Henson, and Cohen and his family have already started planning a visit to Texas A&M. 

Another OL to watch is Englewood (CO) Cherry Creek center Carson Lee. He is currently committed to Colorado, but he is another guy coach Henson offered when he was at Oklahoma State. Lee was at the Opening Regional in Dallas last weekend and had the most awesome mullet. On a serious note, he also whipped some butt at center and made the top OL group at the end. He is not a big guy at about 6-2, but he is stout and quick and strong. I would not be surprised if the Aggies take an interest, and from what I have heard from a few sources interest would be reciprocated.

I caught up with Arik Gilbert earlier this week, and while he did not have a visit scheduled for Texas A&M, he did plan to take one this spring. After talking with a few different sources, early April seems like a good possibility. He also plans to attend spring games at Georgia and Tennessee. This one is going to be a tough pull with Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, and Tennessee all making him a priority, but getting him on campus would be a huge first step. I will say this, keep an eye on Tennessee, the Vols already have a commitment from his friend, teammate, and QB Harrison Bailey, and he said they are recruiting him the hardest out of anyone.

Brauninger mentioned this the other day, but Little Elm cornerback Ryan Watts, who was initially planning to visit this week, will now visit next week. He is on spring break next week and he will likely take a visit during the week.

20 hours ago, TexasMan said:

26:40 - 30:00

Brauninger: "What do you think of Garrett Hayes as an OL commit?" 

Looch: "tu's OL recruits are overrated." 

And other "good" recruiting nuggets from these morons. 

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0113483-fvtf.mp3

i cannot imagine what sort of sick fucks make a bet where the loser has to listen to a liucci podcast, but i respect it nonetheless.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Jason Howell

10:46a

Staff

Let's jump right in

First, I received word from a few sources that Clear Creek OL Chad Lindberg has a few visits coming up including a stop by Texas A&M to meet with Coach Henson. He will visit Clemson and Georgia over Spring Break and he plans to attend Texas' spring game. Notre Dame and Northwestern are a couple of other visit possibilities. Everything I have heard and continue to hear points to this being a Stanford/Texas recruiting battle, but getting him to College Station with Henson is a big step. 

I have to say I like the Aggies chances with recent offer Javion Cohen out of Phenix City (AL) Central. As he told us after receiving his offer, his dad is a Jimbo Fisher fan and he already knows coach Henson well. Henson offered when he was at Oklahoma State. He already has a good chemistry with coach Henson, and Cohen and his family have already started planning a visit to Texas A&M. 

Another OL to watch is Englewood (CO) Cherry Creek center Carson Lee. He is currently committed to Colorado, but he is another guy coach Henson offered when he was at Oklahoma State. Lee was at the Opening Regional in Dallas last weekend and had the most awesome mullet. On a serious note, he also whipped some butt at center and made the top OL group at the end. He is not a big guy at about 6-2, but he is stout and quick and strong. I would not be surprised if the Aggies take an interest, and from what I have heard from a few sources interest would be reciprocated.

I caught up with Arik Gilbert earlier this week, and while he did not have a visit scheduled for Texas A&M, he did plan to take one this spring. After talking with a few different sources, early April seems like a good possibility. He also plans to attend spring games at Georgia and Tennessee. This one is going to be a tough pull with Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, and Tennessee all making him a priority, but getting him on campus would be a huge first step. I will say this, keep an eye on Tennessee, the Vols already have a commitment from his friend, teammate, and QB Harrison Bailey, and he said they are recruiting him the hardest out of anyone.

Brauninger mentioned this the other day, but Little Elm cornerback Ryan Watts, who was initially planning to visit this week, will now visit next week. He is on spring break next week and he will likely take a visit during the week.

https://m.imgur.com/r/elfa82/2tyZcLl

• Like 2

They are talking out of both sides of their asses. Herman was "forced" to go OOS to get McCoy, Floyd, and Smith.

The 4 surprise losses were Leal, Wright, Williams, and Richardson.

Texas offered Bru McCoy in October of 2017, Wright got his offer Jan. 2018. Smith committed before Wright.

Texas identified Owens, who ended up better than both of the aggy safeties and he was an in state kid. 

So really the only 2 kids that probably ended up at Texas from OOS because of aggy where Adimora and Warren.

Fast forward to 2020. So far the big surprise was Jones. Ok, but Texas has been recruiting Ringo for over 2 years.

aggy is about to whiff on the top 7 OL in the state.

aggy is trailing in the recruitment of 4 of the top 5 DL in state.

Jimbo is being forced out of the state because he's losing a lot of battles.

• Like 7

so let me get this straight - choosing to go out of state is bad because of the perception that you're not giving tx high school kids a fair shake.  ok.

in 2019, jimbo got everybody he wanted to in texas early, forcing herman to go out of state late.  got it.

in 2020, jimbo chose to go out of state early, because those are the guys he wanted.  nobody forced him, especially not herman.  there were just deficiencies at positions in state.

conclusion - choosing to go out of state is good, and doesn't insult texas kids, as long as texas kids are shitty.

that kind of circular logic could only come from one fanbase.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Also I find it funny that Looch hasn’t released his Loochi 44 for 2020 yet. Usually he rates them before the turn of the new year. I guess he talked so much shit about biased rankings that he doesn’t want anybody to track his bias this year 

Another nugget that I heard on maggot radio today. Whoever the two giggling schoolgirls were on the radio made the comment that 75% of the guys doing the rankings for the various ranking entities never even held a football much less played football.

8 hours ago, golfclap said:

Lee was 6’2” 333 with a 21” vert and 5.13 shuttle with a scratched 40. So maybe we aren’t done with the immobile bag if guards trend at Aggy just yet. 

21” VJ?  Someone nail his shoes to the floor?

Hell, I can do that & I qualify for Medicare.

• Haha 2

On 3/7/2019 at 5:26 PM, Leanderman said:

When he and Price aren't having light-hearted conversations and cracking jokes,  about how their front seven is gonna really be a hot mess this year.

On 3/7/2019 at 4:53 PM, Longhornfrenzy said:

4-star DE Princely Umanmielen talks recent, productive A&M visit (VIP ByDAMON SAYLES 15 minutes ago)

Recruited to Texas A&M by defensive end Terry Price... they are speaking in depth about how Umanmielen would fit in the 4-2-5 scheme.

They don't play a "front seven", so...

On 3/7/2019 at 7:01 PM, satyanash said:

Damon Sayles: Knowledge of A&M very high with new OL offer Javion Cohen

Reveal hidden contents

Texas A&M lost an offensive lineman pledge Wednesday evening in Fort Bend Kempner 4-star Akinola Ogunbiyi. The Aggies still have three offensive linemen committed in the 2020 class, but with new offensive line coach Josh Henson, some are wondering if a couple of new names can be added to the class.

Phenix City, Alabama, offensive tackle Javion Cohen was offered by the Aggies on Tuesday, and with 23 reported offers, Cohen is a definite player for Aggie fans to watch. Part of that reason is Cohen's knowledge of Texas A&M. With schools like Auburn and Alabama owning a proximity advantage, Cohen is a player who -- despite never stepping foot in College Station -- knows much about what the Aggies bring to the table.

"My dad grew up a Jimbo Fisher fan. He loves him," said Cohen, a standout from Central High School. "And I knew about the [A&M] program before he even got there. The 12th Man is one of the best fan bases in the country. Johnny Manziel was one of my favorite quarterbacks and one of the best to ever play the game." Add in the fact that Cohen is well aware of Texas A&M's academic reputation and that he has an interest in zoology, and it's easy to quickly like him as a student-athlete. Cohen also sells himself well as a 6-foot-4, 265-pound offensive tackle, someone with good length and an ability to frustrate defenders in both run and pass situations.

Cohen was on a Central team that won the Alabama 7A state championship in December. The Red Devils finished with a 14-0 record this past season and cruised to easy victories in 13 of 14 games -- including the title game, where they blew out Thompson, 52-7. "I want to show I'm the most athletic person on the field," Cohen said. "I truly believe my footwork and my hands are second to none. I want people to see the way I drive through people is as valuable as Coach Fisher said I was. And, I won't quit. I'll never quit."

Cohen took an unofficial visit to Mississippi State on Wednesday and called the trip "an eye-opener." He's hoping to make his first trip to Texas A&M sometime this spring, possibly for a spring practice. Offered by Henson, Cohen has heard about the lifestyle of football in the state of Texas. He is eager to not only learn more but see the lifestyle for himself. "The everyday life there, that's what I want to see," he said. "It's big down there; it's Texas. I want to see how they function at practice. I know how Coach Henson coaches, so I want to see how dedicated they are to the program."

To add, Cohen is very interest in learning more about Texas A&M's educational background. He hopes to one day obtain a degree where he can be either a veterinarian or a zoologist. A 3-star prospect, Cohen is ranked the nation's No. 44 offensive tackle, and he's a top-500 player nationally according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He has one official visit set so far, to South Carolina the weekend of April 26.

What a fucking stupid title for an article. 

• Like 1

What’s the difference between losing an in state recruiting battle and not getting reciprocal interest?

which lb did we miss on before going after Floyd?  Which wr did we miss on before going after Smith or McCoy?  Which cb did we miss on before going after Watson?  Brown was committed long before we missed on sanders and Cain. 

Adimora is the only one that you might say falls within their mysterious definition. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What’s the difference between losing an in state recruiting battle and not getting reciprocal interest?

which lb did we miss on before going after Floyd?  Which wr did we miss on before going after Smith or McCoy?  Which cb did we miss on before going after Watson?  Brown was committed long before we missed on sanders and Cain. 

Adimora is the only one that you might say falls within their mysterious definition. 

not getting reciprocal interest = the vaunted texum bulldog aggy

losing an in state recruiting battle = tu

Edited by Bevo14

Damon Sayles: 4-star EJ Smith showing versatility, hearing often from A&M

FRISCO, Texas -- The more EJ Smith steps on the football field, the less he looks like a traditional running back. And contrary to those who would like to see him do the things his famous father did in the NFL, the versatile lifestyle is the best lifestyle for the Dallas Jesuit national top-100, 4-star prospect. Smith, ranked a national top-five all-purpose back in the 2020 class, participated in The Opening Dallas regional camp as a wide receiver and several moments where it looked like receiver was his natural position. He made nice cuts, he lost his defenders and he made highlight-level grabs at Ford Center at The Star.

It was the perfect arena for Smith, as The Star is the home of the Dallas Cowboys headquarters and practice facility -- and his father is one of the best to ever wear the Cowboys star in Emmitt Smith, the NFL's all-time rushing leader. For months now, the younger Smith had made it his priority to show that he's more than just someone to take carries in the backfield. "Not a lot of people are able to see what I can do as a receiver on film," Smith said. "Being able to do this [The Opening] ... I know I like to surprise people. A lot of people think I'm just a running back, but it's not true. I just have to prove it to them."

Smith measured at The Opening Dallas at 5-foot-11 and 198 pounds. He's an all-purpose option with 20 reported offers. Texas A&M offered him on Feb. 21, 2018, and since then, he's been in regular contact with defensive ends coach Terry Price. "Our relationship is good. We talk frequently," Smith said of the Aggies and Price. "I had the chance to talk to Coach [Jimbo] Fisher the other day, and we just talked about what I could do with them and how I could help them on the field."

Smith had an impressive sophomore season in 2017 where he rushed for 1,177 yards and 24 touchdowns and also caught 33 passes for 540 yards and seven touchdowns. His rushing numbers weren't as good as a junior, finishing with 890 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns, but he did have 40 catches for 478 yards and five scores. This offseason, Smith said, is one where he plans on putting what he called a bad season behind him. Additionally, the spring will be a time where he plans on taking a few visits. The idea of visiting Arkansas this weekend was something he discussed, but he added that no actual visits have been made public.

One school he frequently hears about his Florida, primarily because it's his father's alma mater. While he likes the Gators, Smith wanted to set the record straight with where he stands with recruiting in general. "I hear that all the time," Smith said, regarding him following his father's footsteps to Gainesville. "But at the end of the day, it all depends on how I feel. My dad's always open to whatever school I go to. My family will always be there. Not everyone in my family went to Florida, so I'm just try to make my own decisions. Recruiting's going well. I'm just having fun with it. It's a good experience."

Smith is ranked the nation's No. 3 all-purpose back and the No. 97 player overall in the 2020 class, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He is ranked the No. 14 player from the state of Texas.

22 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

so let me get this straight - choosing to go out of state is bad because of the perception that you're not giving tx high school kids a fair shake.  ok.

in 2019, jimbo got everybody he wanted to in texas early, forcing herman to go out of state late.  got it.

in 2020, jimbo chose to go out of state early, because those are the guys he wanted.  nobody forced him, especially not herman.  there were just deficiencies at positions in state.

conclusion - choosing to go out of state is good, and doesn't insult texas kids, as long as texas kids are shitty.

that kind of circular logic could only come from one fanbase.

You left out Texas only has two more OOS kids than aggy in the 2019 class.